• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
They won't come back. Even if they do, and they start spouting their cunting SJW bullshit, we'll challenge their views, you know, because opinions are actually allowed here, and they won't have their shitty mods skirts to hide under.
Oh they won’t like it here definitely. Fuck them they can stay in their CuntsEra

Papa

Banned
They won't come back. Even if they do, and they start spouting their cunting SJW bullshit, we'll challenge their views, you know, because opinions are actually allowed here, and they won't have their shitty mods skirts to hide under.

Just imagining them cowering under a mod’s skirt then looking up and getting the shock of a lifetime

CyberPanda

Banned
i think theyd be used to seeing big dicks beneath skirts
tumblr_mfbl4xUCqs1rbutfyo1_250.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I’ve just asked for account termination on the other site.

Not sure if that means that I’m back here though - because honestly I don’t know what you guys have going on, but I’ll find out.

Hi.

Welcome back! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I still have an Era account, but I never really use it. I've honestly felt way more comfortable posting here where people have more freedom to express themselves without judgment. (This coming from a Christian transgender woman.)

Sure, there may be times where things get heated here...which is only natural when so many different viewpoints can come together with an equal voice. So long as we all still respect each other and are willing to listen to opposing views openly...true growth, empathy, and compassion can take place.

You are welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here. ❤

Freeman76

I’ve just asked for account termination on the other site.

Not sure if that means that I’m back here though - because honestly I don’t know what you guys have going on, but I’ll find out.

Hi.

Wherever you go, all you do is upset people. Hopefully you have learned a bit about respecting others, but I doubt it. You were the same on era as you were on here, like Leng Jai, Impthedimp, Xviper, etc etc just winding others up all the time.

Last edited:

GlamFM

Banned
Wherever you go, all you do is upset people. Hopefully you have learned a bit about respecting others, but I doubt it. You were the same on era as you were on here, like Leng Jai, Impthedimp, Xviper, etc etc just winding others up all the time.

No idea who you are.

Anyway, this forum is obviously not for me.

I left era cause I wanted less toxicity not more.

Papa

Banned

If he acts like a cunt, he will get banned quickly. Trust the current mod team and give him a chance.

No idea who you are.

If that one post is enough to scare you off, you may be too fragile to last anyway.

GlamFM

Banned
If that one post is enough to scare you off, you may be too fragile to last anyway.

This is actually the third toxic reaction to me simply saying hi.

I said I wanted to find out what you guys have going on and I guess I did.

ERA was a complete nightmare from start to finish and while I´ve already seen things over here that I like better (like moderation especially) ,this place just seems very angry.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

ERA was a complete nightmare from start to finish and while I´ve already seen things over here that I like better (like moderation especially) ,this place just seems very angry.

Deleting the part of the quote that said to give you a chance and ignoring the conditionals “if” and “may” to play the victim? Yeah, you’re definitely too fragile to last. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

HUELEN10

Counter anger with love and don't bother with those that don’t respect you; you don’t have to post in every single thread and you don’t have to counter every single post.

Eventually, time and substance will burn us all in this crucible of life anyways, and we'll all end up with the pure product that is reality and truth, for all time.

...or maybe take a step back and realize not to take things from online people you’ll never meet so seriously? I dunno. I lack full context of the situation, but genuinely wish you well regardless of what you choose Glam.

GlamFM

Banned
Deleting the part of the quote that said to give you a chance and ignoring the conditionals “if” and “may” to play the victim? Yeah, you’re definitely too fragile to last. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Actually I only quoted the part that was directed at me, no?

cormack12

Gold Member

Just settle in for a week. This place isn't 'angry'. It's a bit more blunt and to the point but that's not a bad thing.

giphy.gif

Papa

Banned
Actually I only quoted the part that was directed at me, no?

Look mate, what you’ve gotta understand is that those of us who stuck around after the split to help rebuild this place have had to deal with many people over the last year getting disillusioned with Resetera then coming back here and immediately trying to reshape GAF to fit what they want it to be rather than reshaping themselves to fit into what GAF is. It’s just plain rude and gives the impression that you expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you whenever you decide to grace us with your presence again. If you come back, say hi and go about fitting in, you will be welcomed with open arms. Conversely, if you get upset at the slightest thing like Freeman76 Freeman76 ’s post or even my post that was defending you, start throwing out accusations of toxicity and threaten to leave, don’t expect people to pander to your feelings. It’s just not how things are here anymore, and you’re mistaken if you think it comes from a place of anger — it’s about minimizing the fragile behaviours that caused the split in the first place.

To be clear, I would like for you to stick around and give it a chance but without the expectation of your feelings being catered to. Shall we start over?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I must say that I can totally understand GlamFM GlamFM . Freeman76 Freeman76 and ph33rknot ph33rknot were extremely rude and you, Papa Papa also were your typical self (i.e. abrasive). No one wants to shape GAF to their liking, but going on an attack as a greeting is pretty shitty and exclusive behaviour. I remember GlamFM as a good poster on Resetera and I must say, if you (not you specifically) managed to scare him off right away, then good job.

Note, that being friendly to a new face does not mean you can never say anything rougher at any point, but for friendly banter, some mutual experience is required. As it stands, the reactions were just hostile and unwarranted.

Papa

Banned
As usual, helicopter parent Yoshi Yoshi ignores the comments that drew ire in the first place and goes about wrapping his helpless child in cotton wool:

No idea who you are.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
As usual, helicopter parent Yoshi Yoshi ignores the comments that drew ire in the first place and goes about wrapping his helpless child in cotton wool:

To be fair though, you're the only one being childish right now. this is just unnecessary.

Chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom