• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
GlamFM GlamFM You know what? You’re actually weird and you might hate me for being straightforward but believe me I don’t give a damn because I fucking hate this behaviour. All the nice comments below welcoming YOU back and you chose to pick a fight. Cunts behaviour isn’t welcomed here since nobody in the first place attacked you instead they were so nice to you and welcomed you back. So you’re picking the fight not anybody else and the proof? The warm welcome I’ll be quoting below. Act like a decent man and take it all. Don’t act like a bitch where you quote what you want and leave the rest. If you decided to stay? Then you’re more than welcomed. But if you decide to act like a cunt just like how you did here, then you can sign back up on era because nobody here likes this behaviour. Cheers

Hi there!
Welcome back. GAF is still the GAF I've been running for nearly two decades now, but with emphasis on fair and transparent moderation and taking steps to undo the abuse of power in the lead-up to the community split.
Welcome back! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I still have an Era account, but I never really use it. I've honestly felt way more comfortable posting here where people have more freedom to express themselves without judgment. (This coming from a Christian transgender woman.)

Sure, there may be times where things get heated here...which is only natural when so many different viewpoints can come together with an equal voice. So long as we all still respect each other and are willing to listen to opposing views openly...true growth, empathy, and compassion can take place.

You are welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here. ❤
Welcome back! You've returned at a good time.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What happened to your special club in IRC?

I don't know what you're talking about

tenor.gif

this place just seems very angry.

tumblr_mw4wd8uxOr1qb73b0o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Are you always this hostile? Maybe tone down the animosity a little bit.
People that doesn’t know Matty thinks he’s hostile. Matty is far far from hostile. Of course he’ll get pissed when someone picks a fight and acts like the victim

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I’ve just asked for account termination on the other site.

Not sure if that means that I’m back here though - because honestly I don’t know what you guys have going on, but I’ll find out.

Hi.
Hi there Glam, i have seen you on ERA before, enough for me to warrant this post.

I don't think it is in your best interest to make a final judgement call simply upon your initial first few responses here. Not only do these not represent GAF as a whole, but at the same time, i understand that such initial feedback is not too welcoming. That being said, i don't think its wise to filter out the negativity and present that as evidence for GAF as a whole. It would be unjust to do so.

If anything, i am wishing you welcome here, and if you have any questions, don't hestitate to write me a PM. Perhaps you recognize my name still.

Red.

EDIT: Clarification.

Last edited:

Thabass

What was the final straw? Or was it just a Mish mash of stuff?

To be clear, I still post there from time to time. But basically over moderation was a key factor. It seems like they can't have a discussion there before a moderator has to chime in and calm the place down. It's akin to your mother telling you to behave yourself. I'm fucking 32 years old and feel like I'm being watched in a daycare.

That's ResetEra. A fucking daycare.

Don't get me wrong. There's great discussions that happen there, but I feel like any time I post and you have a controversial opinion that's not up to their standard, they'll ban you. Some of the moderation I've seen there is way too harsh and almost to the point of censorship.

So yeah. I normally just go there for gaming news nowadays and lurk. GAF is for conversations and rational discussions.

CyberPanda

Banned
To be clear, I still post there from time to time. But basically over moderation was a key factor. It seems like they can't have a discussion there before a moderator has to chime in and calm the place down. It's akin to your mother telling you to behave yourself. I'm fucking 32 years old and feel like I'm being watched in a daycare.

Don't get me wrong. There's great discussions that happen there, but I feel like any time I post and you have a controversial opinion that's not up to their standard, they'll ban you. Some of the moderation I've seen there is way too harsh and almost to the point of censorship.

So yeah. I normally just go there for gaming news nowadays and lurk. GAF is for conversations and rational discussions.
Lol ReeDayCare. Nice.

Mista

Banned

You have to think 100 times before posting. Which makes it not worth even the time it’ll take you to have a decent discussion. “Umm shall I post this? No let me change my wording. PERFECT! Oh no, let me reword my post. Yep, now it’s good”
*5 minutes later*
Banned 3 days....
Fuck that. God bless Gaf

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

Don't support them with traffic mate. The news spread out to other sites quite fast anyway.

I quit the forum for good when I had a quite risky conversation and had some user literally went through my post history to find similar liberal statements... Fucking creepos... I have never been as afraid of being doxed as at this very moment. Logged off and never looked back. Not one click for support ever again.

Last edited:

Thabass

Don't support them with traffic mate. The news spread out to other sites quite fast anyway.

I quit the forum for good when I had a quite risky conversation and had some user literally went through my post history to find similar liberal statements... Fucking creepos... I have never been as afraid of being doxed as at this very moment. Logged off and never looked back. Not one click for support ever again.

Yeesh, yeah that sounds pretty crazy. I'll probably ween myself away from there eventually. But E3 will be tough. I guess I could always use GAF and Reddit and scroll other sites now.

Lol ReeDayCare. Nice.

You're welcome. :)

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Love your avatar. You’re my best friend now!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Was that Brian McDoogle by any chance?

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

ONLY one user? :messenger_winking:

My last post there pretty much had 4-5 posters not only check my post history, but derail the thread to talk about it. And when I set my profile to private, they went on to make remarks on that decision in the very same thread, while talking about me in third person.

It was creepy at first, until I started to wonder how miserable their lives must be to lead them to that behavior. Then it was just sad.

Last edited:

When I quit Ree, I was looking for a source of gaming news too. I've since settled on r/games (not to be confused with the lighter tone r/gaming), it is pretty focused on good quality gaming news and discussion. I don't go to Ree at all ever. Giving them hits is against my moral fiber so I don't do it.

That's why I never went there. Stopped going to and clicking links to Kotaku and a bunch of others. I don't want to support the bullshit.

Yeesh, yeah that sounds pretty crazy. I'll probably ween myself away from there eventually. But E3 will be tough. I guess I could always use GAF and Reddit and scroll other sites now.

Hey if you want to, help us get them up. People here are definitely trying to get these stories into threads for everyone who visits GAF.

Yesterday Mista Mista and I worked to get threads up for everything in State of Play (including State of Play). E3 will be bigger and could use all the help we can get. We will unite and organize.

You are more than welcome to join that team during events.

petran79

Banned
You have to think 100 times before posting. Which makes it not worth even the time it’ll take you to have a decent discussion. “Umm shall I post this? No let me change my wording. PERFECT! Oh no, let me reword my post. Yep, now it’s good”
*5 minutes later*
Banned 3 days....
Fuck that. God bless Gaf

Even if you write a ton of text explaining your opinion in every detail or throw just one sentence, it is the same to them if they dont like it

Shaqazooloo

Not versed in this thread. Based on the title, does this thread have any real purpose when there's the "Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here."?
I keep wondering the same myself. I check this thread from time to time and most of these posts would feel right at home in the offsite community thread. I suppose this at least has a targeted focus on resetera but the same could be said for the offsite discussion thread at this point...

Not versed in this thread. Based on the title, does this thread have any real purpose when there's the "Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here."?
The one you linked was created when gaf started to gets its skates on again and is more of a general dump on the fun stuff that goes on at reee..

This thread was sort of a “holy shit I didn’t realise reee was actually pretty shit”sort of thread for returning people who followed the sheep and bought into the lies that created reee and people who have not clicked that it’s actually a hard left sjw echo forum pretending to be a gaming forum.

People who got banned from reee tend to come in here and bitch about being banned..the moderation and start to poke around the sides and either realise they went to the wrong place or they simply go back and continue to eat shit.

The two seperate threads do have some overlap but think of it as a journey to enlightenment and it’s better to discuss things then it is too simply silence people as that’s the only way people will ever truely learn

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Lol, so... I think I got banned twice for the same post on Resetera. The first time was for two weeks, the second time... is for a month, I guess?

My infraction was acknowledging that an off-color joke that Netherrealm made was kind of funny, but that was sexist and I am a pig :(

cormack12

Gold Member
Lol, so... I think I got banned twice for the same post on Resetera. The first time was for two weeks, the second time... is for a month, I guess?

My infraction was acknowledging that an off-color joke that Netherrealm made was kind of funny, but that was sexist and I am a pig :(

Stay a while, you might like it! Good to see you back either way. Stick around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom