• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
To offer a nuance, there are staff members on ERA that are perfectly reasonable people, atleast from my experience. Just like how ERA errornously takes GAF as a whole in their criticism, the opposite is also true. There is proper staff there. Its just that they are only in a position to moderate within limits.

I´m not sure this is actually true. The 2 or 3 mods I thought were "reasonable" are not mods anymore.

GlamFM

Banned
Look mate, what you’ve gotta understand is that those of us who stuck around after the split to help rebuild this place have had to deal with many people over the last year getting disillusioned with Resetera then coming back here and immediately trying to reshape GAF to fit what they want it to be rather than reshaping themselves to fit into what GAF is. It’s just plain rude and gives the impression that you expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you whenever you decide to grace us with your presence again. If you come back, say hi and go about fitting in, you will be welcomed with open arms. Conversely, if you get upset at the slightest thing like @Freeman76 ’s post or even my post that was defending you, start throwing out accusations of toxicity and threaten to leave, don’t expect people to pander to your feelings. It’s just not how things are here anymore, and you’re mistaken if you think it comes from a place of anger — it’s about minimizing the fragile behaviours that caused the split in the first place.

To be clear, I would like for you to stick around and give it a chance but without the expectation of your feelings being catered to. Shall we start over?

Sorry Buddy, but this is complete BS from start to finish. No idea why you´d think anybody wants to reshape this place or get a red carpet rolled out.
And I sure as hell was not "plain rude".
I said "Hi".
I get that you are very protective of this place that you seem to think you are at the center of, but that does not warrant going at me like that.

I actually did ask for account closure after reading your post a few weeks ago - that obviously has not happened yet.

Maybe it still will, maybe it wont - I´ll let fate decide.

For the time being this is me "starting over".

Hi Matt. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry Buddy, but this is complete BS from start to finish. No idea why you´d think anybody wants to reshape this place or get a red carpet rolled out.
I said "Hi".
I get that you are very protective of this place that you seem to think you are at the center of, but that does not warrant going at me like that.

I actually did ask for account closure after reading your post a few weeks ago - that obviously has not happened yet.

H Matt. ;)
It’s never too late to let shit go and start over

Papa Papa and GlamFM GlamFM hug it out

Papa

Banned
I said "Hi".

Hi Matt. ;)

As Mista Mista pointed out here, you were welcomed warmly by multiple people but chose to ignore that to instead play the victim and label the whole forum toxic because one person who knew you from Ree suggested you were a troublemaker. Everything I said came after you had already proved him right.

tenor.gif

CyberPanda

Banned
As Mista Mista pointed out here, you were welcomed warmly by multiple people but chose to ignore that to instead play the victim and label the whole forum toxic because one person who knew you from Ree suggested you were a troublemaker. Everything I said came after you had already proved him right.

tenor.gif
I love that gif. Slayyy

Mista

Banned
I said "Hi".

Hi Matt. ;)
The complete bollocks is how you came here and accused everyone by being hostile when everyone gave you a warm welcome. You were rude and Matt responded to you just the way you came in here and posted. What? You wanna act a victim and be rude when everyone gave you a warm welcome and expect everyone to be polite to you? Yeah, you can have this in a fairy tale. Ask for account closure again if you want. Here’s the boss directly EviLore EviLore .. You either be a decent man or try to act like one at least or you know what I’ll say next :)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I said "Hi".

Hi Matt. ;)

Nah, mate. You tried to pick a fight and when you failed in spectacular fashion, you ran back to your cuddlebox.

Barnabot

Almost a month and you guys are still trying to welcome back the dude?

Give him a red carpet

jTNiFFT.gif

GlamFM GlamFM Do you want some confetti too?

pFAseuG.gif

Can you try to move on the welcome and do some real posting in some other threads? Basically all you did was nothing more than somewhat playing a victimist in this thread when people tried to welcome you in the first place.

Don't get too offended though. I know people when they only want some confetti ;).

Last edited:
You ain't kidding. I, a transgender woman, was permabanned there because I sent a "transphobic" PM. When all it was was me shitposting to another transgender person in a private convo. Apparently the other party took my comment seriously.

In an effort to try and fight for equality, they wind up going too far and only serve to ostracize other members of those groups they want to protect so badly.

So I guess I'll give NeoGAF another chance. Please be gentle.

Barnabot

You ain't kidding. I, a transgender woman, was permabanned there because I sent a "transphobic" PM. When all it was was me shitposting to another transgender person in a private convo. Apparently the other party took my comment seriously.

In an effort to try and fight for equality, they wind up going too far and only serve to ostracize other members of those groups they want to protect so badly.

Welcome back. Hope you like hanging around here.

Welcome back :)

Mista

Banned

Good thing you noticed atleast. Welcome back

Welcome back.

Melon

Banned

I'm sorry about the circumstances of you returning, but I think you'll find the majority of us here are far more accepting. If you need any help or just want someone to rant to I'm here! Welcome back, and I hope you choose to stick around. :messenger_heart:

Welcome back. Don't get offended at every little thing, don't be a speech police, and understand that other people might not hold the same views as you do...and that's ok. Hope you enjoy your time back :)

Welcome back. Don't get offended at every little thing, don't be a speech police, and understand that other people might not hold the same views as you do...and that's ok. Hope you enjoy your time back :)
That's the thing. Unlike most other people in my "group", I tend to get offended the least often. I don't even care about using certain words that others in my community are trying hard to get "banned" or whatever, as if trying to make it the same situation as the N word, which it's just not, I'm sorry. What's worse are the non-trans allies who want to help, but often appeal to the ones that are overly sensitive, which results in weird stuff like YouTube banning certain words as "hate speech" even if some of those words aren't actually considered offensive by a lot of us. It's a mess. :/

Regarding past bans, both times it was for silly reasons. First time it was a perma for talking about virtual console games on Wii and something I used to do on there back when that "scene" was fresh; I was perma'd even though I said I didn't do it anymore, and I definitely wasn't condoning the action either. Plus, it was only games I had purchased once before, or in many cases, multiple times, so it wasn't even technically you-know-what. Ridiculous!

The second time I can't finger the exact reason, but I remember making a post in the Jared Fogle subway thread back when it wasn't confirmed he did what he did, and I made a post that in retrospect was not written in the best fashion, which a lot of people misinterpreted, and I think the reason was "downplaying a crime" or something like that, which I never did.

So, yeah, even though both of those happened on old GAF, in retrospect they felt like ResetERA-type bans. :/

What's wrong with being able to have a chill conversation online where we don't have to worry about policing our thoughts so much? It's freaking stressful. lol I say ban the overly-sensitive people as they tend to be the ones that obstruct good conversation the most. Ugh.

Last edited:
That's the thing. Unlike most other people in my "group", I tend to get offended the least often. I don't even care about using certain words that others in my community are trying hard to get "banned" or whatever, as if trying to make it the same situation as the N word, which it's just not, I'm sorry. What's worse are the non-trans allies who want to help, but often appeal to the ones that are overly sensitive, which results in weird stuff like YouTube banning certain words as "hate speech" even if some of those words aren't actually considered offensive by a lot of us. It's a mess. :/

Regarding past bans, both times it was for silly reasons. First time it was a perma for talking about virtual console games on Wii and something I used to do on there back when that "scene" was fresh; I was perma'd even though I said I didn't do it anymore, and I definitely wasn't condoning the action either. Plus, it was only games I had purchased once before, or in many cases, multiple times, so it wasn't even technically you-know-what. Ridiculous!

The second time I can't finger the exact reason, but I remember making a post in the Jared Fogle subway thread back when it wasn't confirmed he did what he did, and I made a post that in retrospect was not written in the best fashion, which a lot of people misinterpreted, and I think the reason was "downplaying a crime" or something like that, which I never did.

So, yeah, even though both of those happened on old GAF, in retrospect they felt like ResetERA-type bans. :/

What's wrong with being able to have a chill conversation online where we don't have to worry about policing our thoughts so much? It's freaking stressful. lol I say ban the overly-sensitive people as they tend to be the ones that obstruct good conversation the most. Ugh.

Part of me is thinking you can’t tease us with that Wii thing and at least link to the post?

Last edited:

fatty

I’ll just say that things have changed a lot since the last time you were here, much more chill and you really don’t have to worry about what you say as long as you aren’t hateful (and not what Upsetera considers hate).

Welcome back.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

What happened to LooseGoose3-817 then?

Welcome back!

The name of the old accounts?

Apeoverlord007 and AzureTranquility95. They were made pre-transition, yes. Transitioning has definitely helped me to mature from those silly accounts.

If you want to know about the Wii thing, PM me. That's the king of thing we don't need discussed in public, with respect to out favorite hobby.

I agree that the waggling toy shouldn't be discussed on an enthusiast videogame forum. We have standards.
Switch will be way better once its library is fully released. Hell, the gap closes with every new major Nintendo release it seems.

If they release Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch though? Wii might be RIP. That was one game keeping Wii haters tamed.

crowbrow

Banned

Yikes, this post is problematic.

😅

Last edited:
This is why I never understood the account suicides. Want to leave Gaf? Dont visit the site.....I knew moderation over there would be a nightmare and I've seen some bizarre levels of hypocrisy and lunacy with the trigger happy moderation there (which is why I never bothered to join).

So those members now on permaban, I wonder how many of them were also account suicides here.

Wonder if Gaf mods are had anyone request reversals on their account suicide?
Account deletion requests are pure attention seeking, best thing to do is to let mods delete their account and not respond or give them any attention.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Reeetards expect that in a dystopian Cyberpunk future everyone will be respectful, inclusive and overall living singing kumbaya.

The idea that cyberpunk was somehow a genre always about social justice and fighting back against capitalism too. These people are clueless.

For the record, I am trans, and don't really find anything in that game to be offensive... yet. The ad is weird, though.
Ya know if anyone is or isn't offended, they should be able to post their thoughts. The issue comes when you are discarded because you aren't offended.

And you shouldn't be clubbed over the head repeatedly by the same member every time you enter a thread with why you should or shouldn't be offended.

Reeetards expect that in a dystopian Cyberpunk future everyone will be respectful, inclusive and overall living singing kumbaya.
No one on Ree has ever actually read a book, which might be a good thing in this case because if any of them actually read Neuromancer, the book most people commonly think of as the one which invented cyberpunk, they would be deeply offended and try to get it banned.

Normal people regard Neuromancer and the other books set in William Gibson's dystopian near-future as seminal and critically important works in science fiction. He predicted the Internet, virtual reality, idols (the Japanese kind), and various other things which have come true or will soon come true today.

Honestly I'd argue people on Ree probably read books too often if anything. Though their mindsets on display seem pretty undeveloped and/or immature, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom