• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster has sold more than 1 million units worldwide

Ōkami

fheMlyD.png

Capcom released their Q1 results today and with that they updated their Platinum Sellers list, now Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster is part of that list.

The game had sold 800k units by March 31st, also for reference, the original game on GameCube sold 1.3m units.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Probably my least favorite mainline game, but still solid. Good to see the franchise is healthy, and that the older games are finding some afterlife.

It's funny how things repeat, RE0 is kind of a crappy game but twice now it's broken a million thanks to getting a bump from the REmake. I don't know if that's consumer shoet-sightedness or if there actually is a big silent majority out there who actually like RE0.

Eww.
They might as well port Code Veronica now. We'll buy it.

Zero is the worst main RE by a huge margin and CV is fucking sweet.

Eww.

Considering they already bothered to do a new lightning engine ect. for last gen version I would be shocked if CV doesn't come to PS4/XBO/PC.

Jinketsu

Kind of makes sense, considering it only released for the Gamecube and had no iteration of itself on previous consoles from there and was never ported until now.

Unknown?

I got it in the collection so I helped but the original is still best! After playing the original again it just made me realize how much better it is than the new ones.

Ganondorfo

I thought nobody was interested in this Resident Evil game, I never see it discussed on Neogaf, and even back then it was always seen as the most bland Resident Evil game out there.

scitek

It's funny how things repeat, RE0 is kind of a crappy game but twice now it's broken a million thanks to getting a bump from the REmake. I don't know if that's consumer shoet-sightedness or if there actually is a big silent majority out there who actually like RE0.
It's a good remaster. I'm glad it's seen success.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I thought nobody was interested in this Resident Evil game, I never see it discussed on Neogaf, and even back then it was always seen as the most bland Resident Evil game out there.

Hm? The OT had decent traffic for a remaster, and it comes up in community fairly regularly (though not always in a positive light)

Edit: would source but on phone & it's too big a hassle

Garlador

I actually love RE0. It's not flawless, but I really, really enjoy it.

Outbreak ports would have been a better idea than umbrella chronicles.

I mean, does anyone really care that much about Outbreak, though? I don't recall what the sells were like, but I always thought most saw them as quirky side games. They weren't particularly good, either, I thought.

Eww.

I don't know if I'd buy it again, but they might as well at this point.

I don't really think it's fair to call it crappy. It's very flawed in a lot of ways, but overall it's still a solid game.

It's not that no one was interested, it's just that it was previously only on GameCube and then later the Wii. For many people, this is the first time the game is available on a platform that they own.

Nzyme32

Now roll the second one Capcom. And port Okami to PC.

Oh how I hope for the day. Do it Capcom!

It barely sold 90k on Steam. Was it a bad port?

This seems very low. What is the number for REmake on steam?

Yeah, not sure why it is so low, but I know that I didn't bother to get it purely because I am still to finish REmake. My plan was to move on to 4 after that, and get 0 when it becomes a bit cheaper

kunonabi

Gameplay wise it's possibly my favorite game in the series so I'm happy to see it have some success especially now that I remembered the PS4 has a built in button config

It's not that no one was interested, it's just that it was previously only on GameCube and then later the Wii. For many people, this is the first time the game is available on a platform that they own.

That didn't stop people from talking about and loving the shit out REMake even before it was ported over to non-Nintendo systems.

I mean, the truth is that Zero just wasn't a well liked a game. It's still not really, but it's got a bit of resurgence since a lot of hardcore fans are jonsing for classic RE gameplay and all. Even with that...it's still not even all that loved lol.

Does anybody care about umbrella corps?

I haven't played it, but it's similar to ORC, right? That game sold big, so yeah, probably.

Top Bottom