• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake - December '18 Gameplay Videos and Previews

Aggelos

OutsideXbox

Gamespot gameplay - Claire Against Mr. X

gamespark.jp

Claire Playthrough and Story moments

Leon Playthrough and Story moments

Famitsu

Last edited:

Mackers

RE2 is one of my favourite childhood games, I've been wanting a remake of it since REmake, and god damn does this look better than I could have ever hoped. Between this, Civ 6 GS in Feb and Sekiro/DMCV in March the next few months are looking great.

Aggelos

Eurogamer

And amazing artworks and renderings
https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/

31228778617_773a90b282_k.jpg

31228779347_90b7bcd928_k.jpg

31228779537_857a313e44_k.jpg

31228780347_e9f26783dd_k.jpg

46117192152_1f53ed04f8_k.jpg

31228781687_2ccb96708e_k.jpg

46117193012_e678fbd4b0_k.jpg

31228776387_43ae33855c_k.jpg

31228777227_9b34b0d1ea_k.jpg

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I really, REALLY dislike the seemingly permanent presence of the tyrant. How are you supposed to explore at your pace with that dickhead turning up every five minutes? From the videos above you can see some very messy scenarios when he appears as you are in the middle of a fire fight in a tight area.

Last edited:

Moses85

Capcom came back from the dead. After RE5+6 I thougt they arent able (willing) to give their RE Fans an RE Game they are crave for. So hyped!!!!!

dan76

Feels like it should be coming out next week not next month.

Got to say I'm not a huge fan of Mr. X turning up an not being able to fend him off. I haven't played RE2 in over 10 years and can't remember how it was in the original, but in this it could just be annoying. I read a preview and the guy basically said that was the only complaint.

Still, all looking fantastic... but I haven't seen any spiders yet. I hope they didn't get cut.

Breakage

On Gematsu, most of the comments regarding these videos and character renders are about Ada. She does look good in that red dress though.

Feels like it should be coming out next week not next month.

Got to say I'm not a huge fan of Mr. X turning up an not being able to fend him off. I haven't played RE2 in over 10 years and can't remember how it was in the original, but in this it could just be annoying. I read a preview and the guy basically said that was the only complaint.

Still, all looking fantastic... but I haven't seen any spiders yet. I hope they didn't get cut.
In the original game he only appeared in Scenario B's, and popped up at select story moments and I think stayed in that area for a time (not sure on this). However you could "kill" him (what I always did, why I'm not sure on how long he stays in a area when he's triggered), which was really easy, and he would drop ammo and be gone from that area. Even Nemesis could be put down to deactivate his spawning in a area.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bad news is this game is coming 4 day before Kingdom Hearts III but good news is RE2Remake will keep me busy and let avoid all KHIII spoiler in those 4 day.:messenger_smiling:

Orta

Banned
More on the Mr X system....

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-preview-mr-x-tyrant-leon-claire-ada

At a recent extended preview for Capcom's upcoming Resident Evil 2 Remake I had the opportunity to spend some more hands-on time with the game. Unfortunately for me, most of that time was spent evading Resident Evil 2's stalking Tyrant.

I fear that'll be the clincher for me. I want to explore every nook and cranny of this utterly beautiful looking game, but on my terms. I want to line zombies up and kneecap them one by one, I want to put a shotgun shell between a lickers eyes as he drops from the ceiling. I don't want that big fuck turning up, spoiling the game mechanics and have me aimlessly running into a toilet cubicle to be ambushed by four zombies, camera swooping all over the place, Mr X then turns up after I've wasted all my ammo and pummel me to death.

Iaterain

I'm watching all these gameplay videos and keep asking myself: "Maybe it was wrong to make REVII the 1st person shooter?". REII looks amazing and it is using the same engine as REVII.
I also very happy that after many years the zombies finally came back to Resident Evil. The way they look, sound and animate is a great achievement.

Size of Resident evil 2 remake is 21.07 GB ???:messenger_fearful:

https://as.com/meristation/2018/12/03/noticias/1543863763_564204.html

I have a bad feeling about this. :messenger_anxious:

And i have it in pre-order.

With it having the same amount of hours and the 4 scenarios of the original is the only thing I ask for. (more than 13 hours)

I hope that because of the size is not a problem and that the game is shortened in history mode.
Resident Evil VII was only 22.16 GB pre-DLC if I remember correctly. Could just be small because the engine compresses well.

This probably won't be a popular opinion but while the game looks graphically great the shooting looks pedestrian as shit. Like taking RE4 but removing all the mechanics that make it interesting. No melee, no wavering laser sight, no location specific staggering and enemies are the worst bullet sponges you've ever seen.

Engaging the zombies seems pointless based on how much ammo they absorb.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This probably won't be a popular opinion but while the game looks graphically great the shooting looks pedestrian as shit. Like taking RE4 but removing all the mechanics that make it interesting. No melee, no wavering laser sight, no location specific staggering and enemies are the worst bullet sponges you've ever seen.

Engaging the zombies seems pointless based on how much ammo they absorb.

So you're saying it doesn't have a knife, headshots don't matter, and there's no customization to weapons? IMO the most they could do is give him a pistol upgrade. I feel as though it won't be as flawed as you might think. Blowing off limbs, items found throughout the map (aka shotgun, magnum or grenade launcher), and different enemy types. I wouldn't psyche yourself out with disappointment.

Last edited:
So you're saying it doesn't have a knife, headshots don't matter, and there's no customization to weapons? IMO the most they could do is give him a pistol upgrade. I feel as though it won't be as flawed as you might think. Blowing off limbs, items found throughout the map (aka shotgun, magnum or grenade launcher), and different enemy types. I wouldn't psyche yourself out with disappointment.

Does it have a knife besides the quick stab when you're grabbed?

From what I've seen headshots don't seem to matter much. You drop like eight headshots on a guy to take him down. Seems excessive and tedious. Why couldn't they just give you less ammo and make your aim cursor bob a bit? Every video they show a zombie now I skip ahead because its so boring to watch.

The whole thing just looks like a bit barebones as a third person shooter to me.

Aggelos

This is the continuation of the Claire demo, that was available to the press back in September at TGS

comes from the Capcom TV Episode 95

Outside Xbox - Gameplay Claire! Lickers! Mr X!

Last edited:

Danjin44

I just want to see this sell crazy well so the third person horror game becomes popular again.

-MD-

I swear if I don't ever see another first person walking horror again it would be too soon.

I'm okay with first person if it's handled like RE7 but 95% of the games in that genre are walking sims with no way to defend yourself other than hide, I'm wayyyy over that.

It's time for third person survival horror to come back.

Danjin44

I'm okay with first person if it's handled like RE7 but 95% of the games in that genre are walking sims with no way to defend yourself other than hide, I'm wayyyy over that.

It's time for third person survival horror to come back.
I wouldn't have this much issue with first person horror game if third person survival horror game co exist with it but suddenly first person horror just took over everything and just became a game for yotubers to do reaction videos.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Gamespot Ada Gameplay

Also in the latest interview with famitsu, the head of the Capcom Consumer Games Development Division 1 (where DMC5 and RE2Remake are being developed), Jun Takeuchi let the following interesting scoop slide.
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201812/05168410.html
Q: May I ask as to the plans of Development Division 1 from now on?

Takeuchi : Our first priority is to get RE2Remake and DMC5 out there in the market to everyone. From there onwards, how we will proceed will be defined by the feedback that we receive from our customers and userbase. It is going to be for us a careful listening of comments and remarks such as "It would be great if you did that", "We would really love to see this" etc. We are presently honing our skills and pushing the envelope in terms of what we can actualize and substantiate as developers, since I think that when we are to talk about the next RE game and anything else it should mark the era of a complete overhaul. Then again, currently we have been working on another game that will take people aback and make them jump off their seats by surprise thinking "What? They're making that one?"

1_o.jpg

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Jun_Takeuchi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jun_Takeuchi
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/company/officer02.html

So could this be Dino Crisis 4? or a new Onimusha?

Last edited:

E.T. Waifu

Gamespot Ada Gameplay

Also in the latest interview with famitsu, the head of the Capcom Consumer Games Development Division 1 (where DMC5 and RE2Remake are being developed), Jun Takeuchi let the following interesting scoop slide.
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201812/05168410.html

1_o.jpg

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Jun_Takeuchi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jun_Takeuchi
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/company/officer02.html

So could this be Dino Crisis 4? or a new Onimusha?

According to some guy who leaked stuff about RE7, they're already working on RE3's Remake! Of course, take this with a grain of salt, but you know... :>

dan76

"When talking about the next RE it should mark the era of a complete overhaul" No, just remake them all like this one!

Aggelos

The excerpts from the Capcom TV Episode 95

This is gameplay by Gamecores that shows the S.T.A.R.S. office.
And some crazy zombie surprises right when you're about to exit a room.
This kind of "while you're opening the door" attacks are totally new in the world of RE.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Aggelos

No more scenarios A/B. It's a remake of a game that was created with VG industry standards of 1997-8.
You can't expect it to have the size, scope, range and ambit of games like Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn.
TheDuskwalker TheDuskwalker mentioned that RE7 was about the same size when it was released, and we all know that it was a game stripped down to horror.
After the campiness and ridiculousness of RE6, the head of Capcom Dev Division 1 Takeuchi Jun asked the next RE game to be stripped down to its core DNA which is/was pure horror.
Hence the 21-22GB.

Haven't posted Gameinformer's preview

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
What the hell does file size have to do with horror? Haha... oh lord, come on guys...

Game could be less than a gb and still be scary. Could be 500gb and be utterly pathetic.

A games file size does not equal its quality.

Aggelos

Daiyuuum. The huge Alligator looks fearsome
There's seems to be some sort of scene involving Leon's escape struggle from the giant alligator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom