• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Featured At Least 800 Devs, Bigger Than 600 Devs For Resident Evil 6.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gearnuke.com/resident-evil-2-remake-800-devs/

Recently, there was a broadcast from Japanese TV NHK featuring Capcom headquarters. It aired last week but this new information was shared by Resident Evil superfan Alex Aniel on Twitter.

According to him, the most interesting information that was revealed during this broadcast was that Capcom had at one point at least 800 developers working on Resident Evil Remake 2. This number includes “programmers, photogrammetry models, mo-cap” team members. This is obviously a massive number and seems to eclipse the previous high set by Resident Evil 6, which was roughly 600 devs. Keep in mind that Resident Evil 6 was absolutely massive, offering 3 different story campaigns with a short campaign focused on Ada Wong. All in, it took around 30 hours to finish the story in that game. It also offered full co-op support.

Now compared to Resident Evil 6, the remake of Resident Evil 2 had at least 800 developers working on it. It uses the in-house RE Engine which looks jaw-droppingly gorgeous. The result is that the game is now set to launch on January 25, 2019, which shows how much efficient Capcom was in managing the game’s launch after they released Resident Evil 7 back in January 2016.

I really hope RE2 Remake sells really well with all of those developers behind it. Even more then RE6? Wow. Game’s going to be awesome, but I hope they can meet the sales expectations for this one because I want mire if these games and I’m hoping an uncensored RE3 is next.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Man, I'm really worried by this. I really want this game to be a success but I doubt they can cover the dev costs with such a huge team. I mean, it looks amazing and all but this ain't no Call of Duty or GTA.

I just want Capcom to keep making these games. :(

Last edited:

DonF

I bet that half of those were freelancers with small roles. It can't be 800 fulltime people. Imagine a building of 800 people, all working in a single project for ...I dont know, 3 years? it would be insanity.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I hope the game will have 800 hours of gameplay.

As bigger number = better

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I bet that half of those were freelancers with small roles. It can't be 800 fulltime people. Imagine a building of 800 people, all working in a single project for ...I dont know, 3 years? it would be insanity.

Probably people working in different countries.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Bigger doesn't mean better considering RE6 was a natural disaster for the most part. Amazing character control in narrow hallways is the strangest design choice.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The big question is are they "crunching? If they are we should reward their hard work by "boycotting" the game. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:

Dokku

Metal Gear Solid was created by 15 developers if I remember correctly.

I expect this to be 40 times better than Metal Gear Solid because that's how these metrics work right?

Aggelos

Certainly many people have worked on this project (freelancing, outside partners, working contracts, outsourcing and what not)
But this is the core dev team (approx 100 people or something)

DfflEbYVMAAEZVr.jpg:large

Last edited:

The Shepard

Has any one else noticed how much cheaper this game is to what else is on the PlayStation store? It's £45 when triple A games are usually £60, I thought maybe because it was a lower budget game at first but Devil may cry 5 is the same price, so perhaps both are quite short. I only payed £32 in the end from Amazon with there voucher promo they had in November which is dirt cheap for this game.

I want this game to succeed so we get nemesis aswell, it looks excellent.

Moses85

Has any one else noticed how much cheaper this game is to what else is on the PlayStation store? It's £45 when triple A games are usually £60, I thought maybe because it was a lower budget game at first but Devil may cry 5 is the same price, so perhaps both are quite short. I only payed £32 in the end from Amazon with there voucher promo they had in November which is dirt cheap for this game.

I want this game to succeed so we get nemesis aswell, it looks excellent.

I dont think it will be short or was planned as a low budget game. At least it will be minimum as long as the original was but we already know Capcom added extra content.
Plus, Capcom knew from the scratch that, if they fack up, their fans will freak out this time. They knew and know about the priority.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Don't care if it's short as long as it feels the right length when playing, neither leaving more to be desired nor outstaying its welcome. Give me a quality game, whatever length feels right for it.

The game looks AAA in every aspect, polished and awesome. I'm only thinking it may not have the 4 scenarios but rather 2 or even a single scenario with alternating between the characters at different points in a chapter style. Meanwhile at that other place Claire... Hours earlier in this same place, Leon... I won't consider that worse than the original, just a different take on it. We'll see, I can't wait either way :)

Last edited:

-MD-

My intuition is telling me that this game is going to be really short. I hope i am wrong.

The original was short too, and this one has an achievement to finish the game with less than
steps taken so pretty safe bet it can be completed in a few hours.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
People need to remember staffing levels are never consistent for the life-time of a project, as does the skillset of those involved. Early on, generating assets is the main stress-point, but by the end the weight shifts towards the QA and bug-fixing end.

Headcount numbers are not really indicative of much, certainly not overall budget as that is always an equation of seat-count x working days.

Top Bottom