• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake: Over 10 million copies sold

Bullet Club

Resident Evil 2 Ships Over 10 Million Units Globally!
– Steady release of titles and multifaceted expansion of overall series leads to achievement of major milestone –​

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that multiplatform title Resident Evil 2 has shipped over 10 million units worldwide.

Released in January 2019, Resident Evil 2 is a reimagining of the original, long-time favorite*. The title garnered critical acclaim from international media, lauded for providing a fresh horror experience, deeply immersive world and dramatic story all made possible by the latest in cutting-edge technology. Following its launch, Capcom released a steady stream of high-quality titles from the series, including Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil Village, and executed a flexible pricing strategy that leveraged digital sales. Moreover, the company promoted the overall brand with regular content releases—such as the live-action Resident Evil series that began streaming today, July 14, on Netflix—propelling cumulative sales of Resident Evil 2 to surpass 10 million units worldwide.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all stakeholders by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
chad game, chad company, well deserved sales
Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Love this game but for some reason the botched B-sceneario pissed me off way much than it should. It kinda hate Capcom for doing it because otherwise the game would have been flawless. I'd rather they just left it out and instead had the additional Mr.X bossfights in the main game.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Great video game. And 3 was phenomenal as well. It being a little shorter was fine with me because I could romp through it in like an hour and a half. Plus the shop where you could buy stuff had me doing more run throughs and playing higher difficulties multiple times. I wound up putting more hours into 3 bc of that, and actually prefer it over 2.

But they are both amazing remakes and I still have stuff left to do in both of them. Can’t wait to jump back in one day.

Well deserved great job Capcom. Square Enix should be taking notes. THIS is how you do remakes.

Skifi28

Can they use some of that money to fix performance in ray tracing mode on consoles? Lowering resolution would be a good start, that'll be a few million dollur.

HYDE

Banned
Well, at the end of the day RE2 is better regarded and more remembered than Sekiro. Now we know it sold way more too.
Why why why do people always do this? Both games are great!! No need to shit on one or the other, it’s totally unnecessary…

Easy to understand why RE4 remake is obviously happening.

Last edited:
Well deserved. The original is and will always be one of my all time favorite games. The remake did not disappoint. Bought it on xbox one, ps4 and Steam. (Still haven't completed, I'm ashamed to say - adult life does that to you, I guess).

HYDE

Banned
This is how to remake a game! I am excited and nervous hoping RE4 is as amazing! All while playing RE2 I was anxious to see Leon and Ada redone in RE4. Man I can’t wait until March 24th!

Bartski

Gold Member
cool, awesome game.

Now I just hope they take RE4R much further than one more safe iteration of the RE2R / RE3R gameplay with nicer graphics

kunonabi

Leon's campaign might have been awful and they made the unfortunate decision not to fix the A/B and zapping systems it's still nice to see RE2 do so well. It's easily the best attempt at translating the classic style into an over-the-shoulder perspective and Claire's game is 100x better than the original. It's just a shame we had to suffer through REmake 3 and Village before getting a proper follow-up.

Apocryphon

The game is outstanding but it didn't quite capture the same sense of scale and disaster as the original. The originals atmosphere is something I am incredibly fond of and I would have liked the remake to include a fixed camera mode and I hope Capcom give us a fixed camera RE again in the future. In fact, I'd really like a fixed camera remake of Code Veronica with a visual design like the original REmake.

TMLT

People got low standards this game didn't fully deliver. Should've been a 9 and it was a 7 as fuck.

I thought it was a solid 9. I'd still give the original a slight edge but theres not much in it and the remake does several things better. Its much scarier, the zombies are way more of a threat, Mr X is far superior etc.

Matt_Fox

It looks like the Next Gen patch helped push them over the line.

Would be interesting to know what kind of sales bump and activity that produced.

this reads kind of funny when Square was always bitching and moaning about selling millions and declaring it a failure.

I hope they return to Remember Me some day, or Deep Down, or an Okami adventure in VR. RE and SF (and DD) is fine, but a little more variety and new IPs like in PS2 PS3 era would be appreciated.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Game is fantastic, probably the best remake ever all things considered. I'm probably one of the few who really likes RE3 remake too, despite its unfortunate shortcomings. I hope RE4 is a return to form.
Come to think of it, I'd really like Capcom to do a new RE with RE2+3+4 Remake gameplay too. Not that I don't adore the Remakes but a completely new RE with it would be awesome.

Top Bottom