• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake pitched today

Ahasverus

11 mins ago on Facebook
facebook.com/residentevil/photos/a.187578694596359.41257.185275861493309/1012373105450243/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

11802762_1012373105450243_6438511364019395909_o.jpg

Hello RE fans! This is H again!
Right after the RE HD Remaster project was finished, I actually started putting together my ideas for this "RE2 Project". So, I just brushed it up and went to see my boss to present the basic concept of the project already

It's happening! Now, who is H?

Edit: GAF strikes again
The paper says 平林 良章 (Yoshiaki Hirabayashi), he's a producer at Capcom.

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi worked as a motion capture engineer for the remake of Resident Evil and as a Scenario writer in the Script department for Resident Evil 5. As a producer for Resident Evil 6, Hirabayashi wrote a message to Resident Evil fans regarding Jill and Claire's appearance in the game; his referral to "other great characters" suggested that they would not appear. He's also the producer of REHD

Who is H? Better someone who comprehends the remarkable game design of both RE2 and REmake, while not taking a single glance at RE4-6.

mattp

i doubt this random capcom employee is just allowed to go post about pitching game ideas on facebook lol

which means, capcom is doing this on purpose as viral marketing to hype this up

to which i say, man if this is't a legit REmake2 people are gonna be fucking PISSED

you're playing with fire, capcom

don't pull a square enix "ff7 hd at psx" announcement

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It said after RE HD was finished, not today (nevermind, they started getting ideas at that time)

Audioboxer

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.

Yes.

Fuck Konami.

King_Moc

Banned
Don't fuck around with me Capcom! I appreciate the transparency if it's real though, the industry is far too secretive.

artsi

This is an interesting way of doing PR from a big developer, publishing in Facebook about (still internal) future projects, but I like it.

BadWolf

If this is true then Capcom might be taking a page from the current Square Enix in becoming more open with their fans.

Jawmuncher

Presents Biohazard 2 pitch

Boss looks at it."You know this is cool and all, but I think our efforts would be better focused on a new Dino Crisis game".

Everybody wins

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Was going to make a thread but was on phone

They might as well confirm it now

Top Bottom