• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Shipped 4.2 Million Units, Devil May Cry 5 Is at 2.1, Monster Hunter: World at 12.4

Bullet Club

Resident Evil 2 Shipped 4.2 Million Units, Devil May Cry 5 Is at 2.1, Monster Hunter: World at 12.4

Today Capcom released an update of shipments of its million seller games including titles like Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, and Monster Hunter: World.

We learn that currently Devil May Cry 5 has shipped 2.1 million units, Resident Evil 2 has shipped 4.2 million units, while Monster Hunter: World is at 12.4 million units.

Those are certainly some quite flattering numbers considering the reach of each series, and show how Capcom has improved the quality of its games considerably over the past few years.

Speaking of the respective franchises, Resident Evil has shipped 91 million units shipped, Monster Hunter is at 54 million units, Devil May Cry is at 20 million.

The numbers are updated as of March 31, 2019.

If you’d like to read more about the games and the reasons why they have been so successful, you can check out our review of Devil May Cry 5, that of Resident Evil 2, and our verdict on Monster Hunter: World.

Incidentally, MHW is going to receive a sizable expansion pack titled “Iceborne” in September. You can check out the latest trailer and plenty of freezing gameplay.

All three games are currently available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source: Twinfinite

Last edited:

The Shepard

I brought and loved all 3, capcom have redeemed themselves this past few years Imo. Other studios should take note.

thelastword

Banned
Great for Capcom, that means RE3 is a lock..........Monster Hunter is a beast, :messenger_grinning:.......I do hope they work on the engine though, it takes really beefy hardware to run Monster Hunter and I wish it would look as good as Project Awakening for the next entry....

Ma-Yuan

How did they manage to sell 12,4 million Monster Hunter . . . I always though outside of Japan this Game is dead . . .

I'm really happy for Capcom they are becoming one of my favourite developers. Bare in mind as a pc gamer I wasn't really exposed to their franchises early on.

Meesh

I'm hearing rumors from a "reliable" and popular Smash Bros leaker that a new Mon Hun or Switch is in development too!

Seeing as Gen was basically the "greatest hits" of early Monster Hunter, and with the rise of the mega popular World, I'm predicting similar mechanics (an update) from world with an all new story and numbered entry. honestly keeping Worlds Monsters out and including new ones with the obvious classic roster.

And why not really? It's more popular than ever before, and a new game on the go would be more than welcome.

Sorry to derail, but Capcoms balls out right now and I'm hoping it's true.

Top Bottom