• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 VR Mod GAMEPLAY

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Take a look at over 10 minutes of gameplay. A full release is coming soon - take note that a lot of our performance issues are due to screen recording and that the game runs better without those extra demands.

hlm666

It's a pretty good effort, but I wouldn't be able to enjoy it for long with the shooting mechanics still tied to the camera. It's a real shame they couldn't get the gun control closer to normal VR methods.

Looks like they are making progress. Just a week ago there was a crosshair in the middle of the screen that wasn't actually where you were aiming. I been wanting re7 on pc vr for so long I didn't expect it would come from modding. It was possible to do it before with some paid software Vorpx but reading into how many issues there were I just held off.

Calverz

sweet i happen to have bought both games!
i will take it to the job have some fun with colleges on fridays

pretty sure a laptop with a 2080 will be enough + oculus quest&link
I imagine that will be fine. I’m looking forward to walking into the police station in vr

Wonko_C

I'm aiming getting a 3070 Ti, but the scalper pricing is diacouraging so I'm starting to think I'll just settle for a 3060. Would that still be good enough for mods like this one on an Oculus Quest 2?

I am so so stoked rn. Little bummed about RE7 not being ready yet. But a replay of 2 and a first go around for 3 will take me awhile.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nice, the perfect excuse for a replay.

Don't know if I'll manage to not shit my pants once Mr. X appears.

playing on quest 2 through virtual desktop. Things up close look great, albeit some textures are better than others. But in the police station things rendered at a distance are muddy and warbly. Is this a resolution or bitrate problem?

Romulus

I agree with Ian about motion controls. For me, 95% of the immersion is the headset. If I'm playing RDR2 VR(incredible) with a controller, it's still magnitudes better than playing it without VR. I do like the motion controls nowadays because they're so damn accurate, but I find myself able to play longer with just a controller and just enjoy the scenery more instead of having to reach out and grab or shoot at everything.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Praydog released this for the new year.
  • A fleshed out scripting system using Lua
  • Generic 6DOF VR support to RE7, RE2, RE3, RE8, DMC5, and MHRISE
  • Full motion controls in RE2 and RE3 (when using FirstPerson, it is not enabled by default)
  • Physical knife damage in RE2/RE3
  • Physical grenade throwing in RE2/RE3
  • Early WIP motion controls for RE8
When it works, it really works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom