• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 – Loot Boxes Seemingly Confirmed For Resistance

Barnabot

Capcom are banking on the multiplayer mode Resistance to make up for Resident Evil 3’s lack of a second campaign, and a new gameplay video of the mode uploaded to YouTube by BlackFox2240 may have confirmed a controversial aspect of the experience.

The video seemingly confirms that the game will have loot boxes. The video itself is in Chinese, but translations (via GameRevolution) reveal some important details. These loot boxes can be purchased with a in-game currency, and only seem to be restricted to cosmetic unlocks, ranging from skins and emotes to voiceovers and sprays. There’s no mention of whether the currency is earnable in-game or if it has to be purchased (or both, perhaps), but given that there seem to be loot boxes of varying levels, it’s likely that purchasing currency will be an option. In the absence of confirmation by Capcom though, all we can do for now is assume.

Resident Evil 3 is out for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 3. You can view more Resistance gameplay footage through here. If you’re more concerned about the single player campaign (the actual remake part of the package), you can check out over a dozen minutes of gameplay through here, or watch a new video comparing the remake to the original.

SOURCE: https://gamingbolt.com/resident-evil-3-loot-boxes-seemingly-confirmed-for-resistance

EDIT: DEBUNKED

thanks, SuperGooey SuperGooey for the heads up

personally I hope that really doesn't ever affect the single player experience at all because if it does that'd suck big time. having to unlock single play costumes and weapons by only using the game currency which is not yet stated whether it will be earned in-game or by purchasing it only.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
As long as it doesn't negatively impact the actual single player mode, I guess I don't care that much. Not a good precedent, either way.

Hinedorf

Banned
Don't buy the game or zip it. We're like a decade into micro transactions to act like this isn't the absolute norm in gaming today.

*Insert fake rage here*

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Seems to be cosmetic-only, which is far better than the modern Team Fortress 2 / Battle Royale-inspired model of handing out better gear through crates.

Boiling the frog!

Aion002

Loot boxes are not an issue, the way they might be implemented is. This one appears to be a non issue case.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Don't buy the game or zip it. We're like a decade into micro transactions to act like this isn't the absolute norm in gaming today.

*Insert fake rage here*
A decade in and people still hate it. Nothing fake about that.

Also, keeping quiet just because of how widespread MTs are is a stupid decision to make.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
It's a non-issue for me since I'll just be playing RE3R and probably won't even touch Resistance. The MP is a after-thought add-on compared to the main game.

is this supposed to change my opinion of the game? it won't. i don't care about lootboxes in this multiplayer or in any game. this thread sucks.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wish RE3 was sold separately from Resistance, I never, ever gonna touch the MP but Resistance going to get bunch of updates every time I want to fire up RE3.

dan76

I think the multiplayer could be fun. I didn't really like the beta, but leveling up, playing with friends and different maps should be fun. I just hope you can turn of some of the UI because is fucking awful.

Top Bottom