• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut - Nemesis Edition" being announced at TGS 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut" like edition being announced at TGS 2021

Aka Nemesis Edition.

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut" like edition being announced at TGS 2021

Aka Nemesis Edition.

-New Areas (Police Station, Clock Tower, but they will shorter and different from original), new cutscenes.
-New Enemy types.
-Old areas now bigger and open, all connected like in RE2.
-New Weapons.
-Resistance Mode Revamped with new features and game modes.
-Minor Graphics Update for next gen & addition of Ray Tracing Features.
-FSR and DLSS 2.0 on PC.
-Updated Story with references to VIIlage and RE4 Remake.
-Reworked Nemesis. Will use flamethower and rocket launcher outside of boss battles. Will follow you into most safe rooms, but will be slower.

-Coming to XSX and PS5, also on XONE and PS4. Discount Upgrade for current owners. Price will be 69.99$.
-New Enemies.
-New Weapons.
-Resistance Mode Revamped with new features and game modes.
-Minor Graphics Update & addition of Ray Tracing Features.
-FSR and DLSS 2.0 on PC.

-Coming to XSX and PS5, also on XONE and PS4. Discount Upgrade for current owners. Price will be 69.99$.

200.gif

Arachnid

Lol. Sell your shit game half finished and then re-release the finished product after fans blast it?

Fuck off.

EDIT: At least there's a discount, but it better be a damn good one. I bought the collectors edition for 3 after the goodwill 7 and 2make bought.

EDIT again: I should have clicked the link and saw it was 4chan before I even bothered posting.

Last edited:

sainraja

I do hope this is more than the content they scrapped. I still enjoyed what they released of RE3 so more of that is fine as long as we get new stuff too.

NeptuneCL

Looks nice, the original 3 remake is OK, but it doesn´t do justice to the original..., what about new scenarios, scrapped even from the original 3 (Ok, I´m dreaming XD)

RNG

lol they should have done this in the first place. Good thing I skipped it then, might get this one if the rumor is true.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I see a lot of negativity here.....
but a fixed RE3Remake on Next-Gen consoles with Ray-tracing?
What's wrong with you guys!
Sign me the fuck up!
The only bad thing about this is it's probably fake and RE2 isn't getting the treatment too

(Edit) oh no, it's must be fake as its 4chan 🙄
Didn't we just have a thread about an Uncharted Collection for PC which everyone took as gospel and barely anyone mentioned that fake it because it was from 4chan?
You know that one the OP changed to a different the source in the end to make it more creditable, but that source used Reeee as a source which Reeee got from 4chan so it was still from 4chan 🤔

Last edited:

Arsic

Gold Member
Nothing for PC ?

Edit: they mention dlss, but don't mention its coming to PC. Free upgrade for PC players or new purchase ?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

If this is real (Its not is it? :lollipop_sad_relieved:) I really hope they fix the dialogue sync in cutscenes, its off pretty badly in parts, especially in some of the final cutscenes, but I think the worst one is Brad when you exit the alley at the start, he's like 100s of milliseconds out of sync and even with audio set to stereo it was always still off. This was on PC, maybe its not like that on console.

It would also be sweet if they updated the HDR to be like how it is in RE8, which is infinitely better than RE2/3R, might be a tall order though.

MrA

Banned
I see a lot of negativity here.....
but a fixed RE3Remake on Next-Gen consoles with Ray-tracing?
What's wrong with you guys!
Sign me the fuck up!
The only bad thing about this is it's probably fake and RE2 isn't getting the treatment too
if it's real it is what nemesis should have been, to begin with, but I'll still take it,
re3 had such solid gameplay, stunted by being a short game
Doing it right to start is best, but I'd still rather have it fixed later than not fixed at all

Aion002

If true... Depending on the upgrade price I might get it at launch, otherwise fuck you capcom I will wait a sale. I love RE3R!

Nonetheless:

Sounds Good GIF by Leroy Patterson

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This has to be fake. Why waste resources and completely overhaul this game. Would destroy the pacing this game has. Its probably designed like it is for a reason. Nemesis in safe rooms, do you even want that? The guy is way faster than you here and teleports even.

skneogaf

Obviously fake.

But if true then I absolutely love it!

Resident evil 2 remake is the best resident evil game ever and is almost perfect if they can improve resident evil 3 to being half as good then I'm balls deep in to this!

I'd like a directors cut of resident evil 2 remake as the screen space reflections are bad and I've always hated that tyrants can't come in to the safe room. Zombies no but tyrant yes!

Fingers crossed but I'm pressing X for doubt.

Orpheum

Ok i mean it's nice sure but how much will this cost if i have RE3 remake already, that's the question. These areas should have been there in the first place

Edit: if it's real of course

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Time travel confirmed, I guess.

Unless it's meaningless retcons, like changing how Saddler got the virus in 4. Or maybe just some foreshadowing.
Anyway, this is probably fake.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

— “New Areas (Police Station, Clock Tower, but they will shorter and different from original), new cutscenes.”

Whats the point of going for the efforts of a “directors cut” and still having these areas short. Having these areas bigger would be the only reason I would get this.

Tbh I prefered RE3 to RE2 remake in some ways. The 1st hour or so of RE2 was awesome. But the whole Mr X being the main baddie of the game and stalking you really ruined it for me. And the same effort of the police station wasnt in the sewers and lab area of the game.

Classic RE3 was my least favourite RE between RE1- Zero/CodeVeronica. So I wasnt expecting much from RE3 remake but I loved it. Short but still great

Bartski

Gold Member
I'd love to see it. The game was a blast and so underrated, maybe there is a chance they bring hit reaction physics to RE2R level before the downgrade.

Edit:
-Minor Graphics Update for next gen & addition of Ray Tracing Features.
ok so they won't.

I'm still going in for a replay if true.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I’m calling bullshit because that wish and improvement list was stolen directly from The Sphere Hunters review on YouTube about how Capcom could make DLC to add those back in.

Last edited:

emivita

Glad I didn't buy RE3 yet. I was about to buy it for the next Halloween, now I'll wait for the TGS and see if its true.

Aggelos

giphy.gif

Oh man, another Director's Cut. RE3Remake didn't sell as much as RE2Remake, and did not generate profit as much as RE2Remake, so why not renew-refurbish t to sell some more?
Nice one...

Last edited:

skneogaf

I know it's fake but if capcom are lay in bed reading gaf instead of hoovering their bedroom then I say do a resident evil 2/3 tyrant edition that has both games as I remember both were supposed to be together anyway.

Tyrant edition should re do 3 to be more like 2 and add the stuff mentioned like ray tracing for reflections etc.

I don't think resident evil 3 would much more but a new super version of the two on one disc is guaranteed!

sublimit

Banned
If this ends up being true i would have felt scammed for buying the original version (the Remake i mean).

Top Bottom