• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Remake Already Releasing in 2020

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Spawn Wave is the same guy who leaked first info on Elden Ring way back in March. He is referenced in this gematsu article: https://gematsu.com/2019/05/george-rr-martin-ive-consulted-on-a-video-game-out-of-japan

So he has credibility.

Also consider that the engine would be reused and many assets since its largely the same setting story-wise. So it wouldn't be far fetched for a REmake 3 to be pumped out in ~18 months of dev time.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
That's a mighty weird way to word a completely unconfirmed rumor from someone on YouTube.

Elden Ring was literally the worst-kept secret in the industry. I wouldn't consider it in any shape or form an " insider validator," even more so about a rumor concerning an entirely different company.

Last edited:

Caffeine

That's a mighty weird way to word a completely unconfirmed rumor from someone on YouTube.

Elden Ring was literally the worst-kept secret in the industry. I wouldn't consider it in any shape or form an " insider validator," even more so about a rumor concerning an entirely different company.
apperently so is metroid prime trilogy and nintendo has been sitting on it for a year now because prime 4 was pushed back.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
As opposed to incompletely confirmed rumors from someone on Twitter? How else would I word it lol

"youtuber alleges so and so and so" could be a decent way, since that's what it is. Or "Rumor: this this and that"

Better than wording something that's completely unconfirmed as fact.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Or "Rumor: this this and that"

MUn9TaM.png

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're using some weird browser plugin that disables tags or something lol

Anyways I hope Julia Voth returns. She won't, and Capcom will disappoint me. But I hope.

johntown

Banned
In all honesty I doubt this is a rumor. I think we all knew this was inevitably coming. With the great success of RE2 Remake why wouldn't they do it? The game itself is already there, the engine is already done and a large majority of assets can probably be used from RE2 remake. All they really need to do is graphics, voice acting and some animation (I'm sure other things but these are the basics).

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
MUn9TaM.png

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're using some weird browser plugin that disables tags or something lol

Tags and headlines are two different things. A lot of people use feeds to keep track of new threads, which obviously don't include tags.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
RE2 was decent but had cringy changes about it, felt like a Netflix original. As long as this has substancial content I'll get it.

isual

1. its not a really long game. just one character unless they really try to add more stuff or another character's pov.
2. they already have the assets - it is easier than starting from scratch to develop.

Barakov

Gold Member
Seems too soon but I can see it happening. If it happens it won't be till fall 2020 but it's more reasonable for this to be a first quarter 2021 game. It'd be a nice game to have especially if PS5/Scarlett have a lull in releases during that time period.

OrionNebula

Considering the engine, the assets, the police station already built completely*, plus the huge success of REmake 2, I’d say it’s possible even though that’d make at least 3 active RE games being worked on at once, as well as a bunch of their other IPs for next gen

*I think I vaguely remember even Capcom sort of hinting about it indirectly - there was tweet or something a while after the release of RE2 with a picture of the destroyed wall in the shower room on the second floor with a phrase saying ‘’what happened here?’’, so I can imagine they sort of planned 3 at the same time as 2, it would make perfect sense - so I’d suspect/expect Nemesis crashing through it at some point or something

Sub_Level

I ask you gaf.

Do you think thats air you're breathing?

Hm. What if I told you REmake 3 was a PS5/Scarlett launch title.

CamHostage

1. its not a really long game. just one character unless they really try to add more stuff or another character's pov.
2. they already have the assets - it is easier than starting from scratch to develop.
I'd consider that a problem for a follow-up to this RE2 remake though, right? RE3 got by enough as a full game at the time, but even then, it was the lesser RE with or without the Nemesis gimmick. So now, with the acclaim for the RE2 remake and the specific mechanical changes it added and also the repeated visual concept, I have trouble seeing how just vanilla RE3 would measure up as a full AAA game in a remake today. So they would either have to pad out the game or offer it as a lesser product with a smaller price; both okay options, but not really what Capcom's looking to follow up a blockbuster with. It's the obvious move, and would be welcomed one way or another, but there's a downside that I'm not sure what Capcom will do about.

Last edited:

isual

I'd consider that a problem for a follow-up to this RE2 remake though, right? RE3 got by enough as a full game at the time, but even then, it was the lesser RE with or without the Nemesis gimmick. So now, with the acclaim for the RE2 remake and the specific mechanical changes it added and also the repeated visual concept, I have trouble seeing how just vanilla RE3 would measure up as a full AAA game in a remake today. So they would either have to pad out the game or offer it as a lesser product with a smaller price; both okay options, but not really what Capcom's looking to follow up a blockbuster with. It's the obvious move, and would be welcomed one way or another, but there's a downside that I'm not sure what Capcom will do about.

fair statement to assess. RE3 is a very short game and i just can't fathom paying 59.99 plus tax. maybe 39.99, but i wouldn't get it even day 1.

Sophist

Third episode was rushed, far from what Mikami wanted, and the worst episode amongst pre-rendered episodes. Better capcom games deserve a remake.

fair statement to assess. RE3 is a very short game and i just can't fathom paying 59.99 plus tax. maybe 39.99, but i wouldn't get it even day 1.

If they bring back mercenaries (especially online co-op mercenaries) then I think it will add a lot of value to the package.

Gargus

Banned
Nope, won't happen. It might get announced in 2020 but that's all I expect to happen. They have their co OP resident evil to pimp next year as it is.

Aggelos

I would stick with what DuskGolem claimed (a.k.a. AestheticGamer).
Back in Dec 2018 he claimed that RE3 was already in development.

Project REstistance fits perfectly the bill. It's being developed by Neobards, running on RE Engine, and a potential addition of the RE3 story/setting in there, would be something that people weren't expecting.

Aside from Dusk Golem (AestheticGamer) we've got ourselves these

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Dusk Golem also swore that REmake 2 would have the option for a classic camera, so I put very little stake into what he says. He's also a genuine narcissistic piece of shit, so that doesn't help.

But REmake 3 being out next is very much a possibility. Wouldn't shock me to see it announced at The Game Awards.

Nickolaidas

Dusk Golem also swore that REmake 2 would have the option for a classic camera, so I put very little stake into what he says. He's also a genuine narcissistic piece of shit, so that doesn't help.

But REmake 3 being out next is very much a possibility. Wouldn't shock me to see it announced at The Game Awards.
I was lurking era like a madman back then for any re2 news, and I never saw dusk swearing about anything. He said it was considered and worked on, which capcom verified on some interviews later on. He also knew about Sekiro.

Whether he is narcisistic or not is irrelevant. The man is legit.

SuperGooey

Being far more action-based than RE1/RE2, RE3 could benefit from over-the-shoulder camera with more dodging/parry/melee options, especially if the remake beefs up Nemesis. The original RE3 was way too ambitious for a fix-camera game (especially the Nemesis clock tower fight), and the original RE3 feels unbalanced and unfair as a result.

With that said, given how RE2make cut content and major game features of the original rather than expand on them (no zapping system, less enemy variety, story no longer matches up, less locations, etc.), I'm worried that R3make will have the same problems. I fully expect less enemy types, no more choosing story paths, and no dodge mechanic.

**I loved RE2make as a new RE game, but it completely fails as a remake in my book, and doesn't come close to the standard the first remake set for gaming remakes.

I heard people complaining about "fixed perspectives and tank controls", are these people for real? First they complain about FF7R turned based, so ok, maybe they like slow paced gameplay or they're just plain lazy, but now this complaint with REmake games are just outright insane! Do people really enjoy to torture themselves with technical limitations? Because this is what I think about purists at this point:

The much better Remakes:

Purists Original:

SuperGooey

I heard people complaining about "fixed perspectives and tank controls", are these people for real? First they complain about FF7R turned based, so ok, maybe they like slow paced gameplay or they're just plain lazy, but now this complaint with REmake games are just outright insane! Do people really enjoy to torture themselves with technical limitations? Because this is what I think about purists at this point:
I don't think anyone was complaining about that in this thread, but fixed cameras and tank controls aren't "torture" to a lot of people (myself included). They have their appeal to people who do prefer slower-based, adventure game style gameplay that are build around those controls. The game just needs to be based around those movement limitations. RE1 and RE2 were, but as I said in my previous post, RE3 required too much from the player to support that style of gameplay.

Do you think people are insane if they enjoy 2D games like Super Metroid or Mario? Games were originally 2D because of technical limitations, so the people who enjoy that style must be purists who like to torture themselves, right? I guess next gen games will make all current gen games obsolete as well since they won't be held back by the same technical limitations of today.

Or maybe you just have a shit argument.
----

PSA: EvilVR is a troll twitter account. He has never been a source for anything. During RE2make's development, he just scattershot predictions that he claimed were leaks, and none of them came to be except the few predictions that were most obvious.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Or maybe you just have shit taste in games.
Uh huh.

Anyway, something makes me wonder if these apparent sources are getting RE3 remake mixed up with Revelations 3. I'd believe that could come out in 2020, but I'm not expecting to hear about R3make any time before an official RE8 reveal, which I'm thinking we'll get around E3.

Anyway, something makes me wonder if these apparent sources are getting RE3 remake mixed up with Revelations 3. I'd believe that could come out in 2020, but I'm not expecting to hear about R3make any time before an official RE8 reveal, which I'm thinking we'll get around E3.

Uh huh.

Top Bottom