• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Remake Already Releasing in 2020

OrionNebula

I would postpone it to next gen

But if they do launch it this gen, that would mean pretty much all of the major RE titles would be available on current console, from 0 to 7 including RER1&2 + Code Veronica

C’mon Capcom, it’s time to finally bring RE3 home with the rest of the family

SuperGooey

But if they do launch it this gen, that would mean pretty much all of the major RE titles would be available on current console, from 0 to 7 including RER1&2 + Code Veronica

The classic trilogy would still be missing. That's a pretty big omission. I still don't understand why PS1 titles aren't available to download on PS4.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

fuck yeah

still havent played RE2r but im looking forward to it. RE3 was always my fav, unpopular opinion i kno but it just did it for me for whatever reason

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was lurking era like a madman back then for any re2 news, and I never saw dusk swearing about anything. He said it was considered and worked on, which capcom verified on some interviews later on. He also knew about Sekiro.

Whether he is narcisistic or not is irrelevant. The man is legit.
It was either right before or right after the game was shown at E3. I'll see if I can find the posts on Era.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I would stick with what DuskGolem claimed (a.k.a. AestheticGamer).
Back in Dec 2018 he claimed that RE3 was already in development.

To add onto what you posted, he just posted this today:

avBUbhj.png

We're going back to Raccoon City lads. We're going home.

Aggelos

To add onto what you posted, he just posted this today:

avBUbhj.png

It might be happening.... You never know. We'll see at The Game Awards if anything germane gets unveiled there.

The question is : when are they going to unveil the surprise title that Jun Takeuchi (head of Capcom Development Division 1 => the people who made RE Revelations 2, RE7, RE2Remake and DMC5) teased back in December 2018 during an interview with famitsu? Takeuchi said that the title would surprise people and make the go like "Wow! They're really making that one?!"

DuskGolem claimed that the surprise title wasn't RE related. His words were "Just to add speculation and flavor to what he said a bit, the surprise title he’s talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after."

So whatever is going on with that? One year has passed, and our last hope is the Game Awards.

On the other hand, back in February 2016, Onimusha discussions were held at higher levels within Capcom Japan. Who knows if those internal debates spawned a new Onimusha project.

Moreover, in December 2017 when Jawmuncher, a long-lasting champion/proponent of the Dino Crisis series, asked Capcom Development Division 1 about the possibility of seeing a new Dino Crisis anytime soon, they replied the following :

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
I hope that the Dino Crisis game is going to be a PS5 / Scarlett title.

I think a new Onimusha will also be there, like DMC5 went along with RE2.

And a new Ninja Gaiden will come to the PS5, after Tecmo is done with Nioh 2.

What a time to a Japanese action games nerd.

OrionNebula

He’s fairly reliable, I believe

And it would make sense, as RE3 has a lot more exterior locations than REmake 2 (a lot of them at the beginning didn’t even make the cut from the original) and it’s more a dev’s headache since there’s a lot more to consider and program, usually

Plus I’m going to go on a limb and say that most fans expect even more from a RE3 remake after 2, and personally I can’t wait to roam the streets of Racoon City that are not crazy weird streets made of corridors, like most of them in the original RE3

If they can build a very decent-sized small town in 2017 in The Evil Within 2, I see no reason Capcom can’t get more than corridors-streets this time around

Just my 2 pesos

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Well if PS5 is fully BC, that would still be the case.
Capcom rushed out the RE2 remake so it would make sense. I’ll be skipping this one.
Whats this nonsense?
RE2Remake went into Development in 2015
RE7 had the shortest in comparison and a smaller Dev team

Last edited:

synce

RE3make makes sense. Capcom's been able to re-release every major game in the series except 2 and 3 due to them being so outdated. 2 sold well so why not do 3? The 2020 part never sounded realistic since I'm sure they didn't start until seeing how RE2make sold.

That said, I'm hesitant to get hyped until seeing what they do with Jill. Claire in RE2make didn't look or behave like classic Claire. Hoping to see Julia Voth return for RE3make.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
can't wait to see Jill's tube top and mini skirt in the new engine

You'll be seeing a lot less once the PC modders get their hands on her.

Hopefully though, this will pave the way for a Code Veronica remaster. That's the one I really want.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Looks good to me. After the absolutely amazing job they did with RE2 (my personal GOTY), I cannot wait for RE3.

Roni

Gold Member
Oh, man. This is all great shit... I prefer RE3 over RE2 myself, so this is absolutely a dream for me.

MDSLKTR

Assuming it took RE2 6 months from reveal to release, we can expect this one in summer? I'll gladly take it before!

Aggelos

Assuming it took RE2 6 months from reveal to release, we can expect this one in summer? I'll gladly take it before!

According to interviews with the JP developers-team of RE2Remake, they said they were planning to release the game on its 20th anniversary (i.e. January 2018) but they ended up on its 21st instead.
So it could be possible for RE3Remake to follow suite. Its 20th anniversary was 22 September 2019, so I'd say Semptember 2020 for RE3 Remake.

Speaking to GameWatch, Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (who worked on 2019's RE2) stated that as long as fans "voiced their enthusiasm," the company would look at updating the third game in the series .

Last edited:
Top Bottom