• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 remake demo announced | New previews, gameplay, and screenshots

Mista

Banned
Resident-Evil-3-Previews_02-25-20.jpg

Capcom will release a demo for the Resident Evil 3 remake, the company announced. More information will be announced in the near future.

Additionally, several outlets went live today with the new hands-on previews of both Resident Evil 3 and the bundled multiplayer game Resident Evil: Resistance.

Here are a few of the outlets covering the game today: 4Gamer.net (2), Dengeki Online (2, 3), 3), Eurogamer, Famitsu (2), Gamer.ne.jp (2, 3), GameSpot (2, 3), Game Watch (2, 3), Easy Allies, IGN, PlayStation Blog, USgamer (2), VG247 (2)

Gematsu

Dick Jones

Gold Member
That big guy from the previous game who followed you around was un-fucking-bearable. Please tell me that shit isn’t in this game. I can’t stand being forced to run away.
Stars?! If Mr X annoyed you, you'll be haunted by Nemesis in this. Have you played the original RE3?

In REmake 2 when you knew when Mr X triggered you could easily work around him, if you have the other objectives complete so he is only around as short a time as possible. Check the internet for it and go back. It's not as tough once you know, not as tense either unfortunately.

SuperGooey

That big guy from the previous game who followed you around was un-fucking-bearable. Please tell me that shit isn’t in this game. I can’t stand being forced to run away.
Nemesis is basically a supped up Mr. X. You are encouraged to run away, but unlike Mr. X, you are actually rewarded for fighting and downing Nemesis with stronger ammo and weapon upgrades.

sainraja

I haven't seen anyone else mention this and my recollection of the original Resident Evil 2 game was that Mr. X does not come after you after the RPD and you can even take him out for good in the RPD and that's it for him. In RE2make, Mr. X pretty much follows you throughout the game, similar to Nemesis until Birkin, ofcourse.

So there is almost no difference in the set up of RE2 and RE3 from a monster following you perspective.

SuperGooey

I haven't seen anyone else mention this and my recollection of the original Resident Evil 2 game was that Mr. X does not come after you after the RPD and you can even take him out for good in the RPD and that's it for him. In RE2make, Mr. X pretty much follows you throughout the game, similar to Nemesis until Birkin, ofcourse.

So there is almost no difference in the set up of RE2 and RE3 from a monster following you perspective.
Mr. X doesn't follow you in into the sewers, and if you're Claire, he's dead before you get to the lab.

Also, remember that Nemesis continues to mutate as the game goes on, so how he stalks you and the attacks he use could change drastically as the game goes on.

dan76

Loving the look of this. Hopefully Nemesis will be more interesting than Mr. X because fighting him actually gives you something as a reward. I'm also like the look of that perfectly timed dodge going into slow motion thing they've added. Looks like a lot of fun.

Now, if only there would be the option of having a laser sight for every weapon... in all the gameplay I've seen there's isn't even a crosshair.

Aggelos

坂田聖彦 Sakata Kiyohiko is the director of Biohazard RE:3
364068.jpg

Past games that he has worked on are :

1996BIO HAZARD PS1Capcom
Software Engineer : EventSAKATA KIYOHIKO
: 千星修一郎, 坂田聖彦, 大谷規之, 榎本剛志
1998 BIOHAZARD 2 PS1Capcom
Software Engineer : Scenario ProgrammingKIYOHIKO SAKATA
: 坂田聖彦, 岡本光央, 小林裕幸, 山之内孝明, 秋月友博, 本塚秀成, 大谷規之
1999 BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE PS1Capcom
Program ChiefKIYOHIKO SAKATA
2001Devil May Cry PS2Capcom
Software Engineering : System ProgrammingKiyohiko Sakata
2005 biohazard 4 GCCapcom
Lead CoderKIYOHIKO SAKATA
Lead Coder: 坂田聖彦
Coders: 井上和憲, 萩山勇二, 西村佳哲, 山之内孝明, 植田尚, Naoki Hashimoto
2006God HandPS2Capcom
Lead ProgrammerKiyohiko Sakata
2010VANQUISHPS3/Xbox 360Sega
Lead Programmer
千星修一郎と共同。
Kiyohiko Sakata

2012MAX ANARCHY PS3/X360Sega
System ProgrammerKIYOHIKO SAKATA
: 本田敏治, 辻正規, 坂田聖彦
2013The Wonderful 101 Wii UNintendo
Game ProgrammingKiyohiko Sakata

PBnXONkk6dYoILFLWyHd0wXkaqxR7JfMreLoLqdGwqcrNrOw1mwmcQ1gxWcl8AA4M3Yj2CsBBVgJSTSM.JPG

2.jpg

Gamespark JP

Game.ne.jp

Game Watch Impress

Last edited:

mhirano

坂田聖彦 Sakata Kiyohiko is the director of Biohazard RE:3
364068.jpg

Past games that he has worked on are :

1996BIO HAZARD PS1Capcom
Software Engineer : EventSAKATA KIYOHIKO
: 千星修一郎, 坂田聖彦, 大谷規之, 榎本剛志
1998 BIOHAZARD 2 PS1Capcom
Software Engineer : Scenario ProgrammingKIYOHIKO SAKATA
: 坂田聖彦, 岡本光央, 小林裕幸, 山之内孝明, 秋月友博, 本塚秀成, 大谷規之
1999 BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE PS1Capcom
Program ChiefKIYOHIKO SAKATA
2001Devil May Cry PS2Capcom
Software Engineering : System ProgrammingKiyohiko Sakata
2005 biohazard 4 GCCapcom
Lead CoderKIYOHIKO SAKATA
Lead Coder: 坂田聖彦
Coders: 井上和憲, 萩山勇二, 西村佳哲, 山之内孝明, 植田尚, Naoki Hashimoto
2006God HandPS2Capcom
Lead ProgrammerKiyohiko Sakata
2010VANQUISHPS3/Xbox 360Sega
Lead Programmer
千星修一郎と共同。
Kiyohiko Sakata

2012MAX ANARCHY PS3/X360Sega
System ProgrammerKIYOHIKO SAKATA
: 本田敏治, 辻正規, 坂田聖彦
2013The Wonderful 101 Wii UNintendo
Game ProgrammingKiyohiko Sakata

PBnXONkk6dYoILFLWyHd0wXkaqxR7JfMreLoLqdGwqcrNrOw1mwmcQ1gxWcl8AA4M3Yj2CsBBVgJSTSM.JPG

2.jpg

Gamespark JP

Game.ne.jp

Game Watch Impress

WOW! That's what I call a résumé

SuperGooey

Drain Deimos looks so tiny and splash out when it was shot, I don't like it that way.
I don't like that it is the Drain Deimos that is small, but I do like that there is variation in enemy sizes this time. In RE2make, not only was the enemy variety small, but all the enemies you fought were the same size.

There needs to be those small fry enemies that jump around and annoy you, but only take one shot to kill. Then we have the Hunter Betas that fill that medium enemy "licker" role, and the Hunter Gamma that fill the big tank enemy role that insta-kills. Throw in the crows for small flying enemies, Brainsuckers to act as "tankier" Drain Deimos, and the Gravedigger for a giant enemy that hand no appendages and burrows like no other enemy in the game, and that's a strong cast of enemies that surpasses the original RE3!

All that in addition to the zombies, zombie dogs and Nemesis, and that's a much stronger bestiary than both RE7 and RE2make combined.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Demo when demo when demo when demo when demo when demo when demo when demo when demo when demo when ?

Also... demo when? ❤️❤️❤️

Geki-D

Banned
Man, it sucks that Alex Wesker's existence is being recognised in one of these remakes. I hope it's more of a nod than anything else. That whole plot point, in fact everything after RE3 needs to nuked from the the canon.

GymWolf

Nemesis is basically a supped up Mr. X. You are encouraged to run away, but unlike Mr. X, you are actually rewarded for fighting and downing Nemesis with stronger ammo and weapon upgrades.
i only readed about special ammunition, i hope there are still special parts from weapon when you fuck him up.

wasting a lot of ammo to get some...ammo is not exactly smart.

Last edited:

Aggelos

At Moon's Doughnuts, the Easter Egg is that the radio plays Biohazard 2's special end title theme

ERx6KP2XUAIp1qV

ERx5eprWAAAX8Y8

Last edited:
Reactions: 888

This guy is annoying as hell, Jesus...

He has a full review based in a few videos from the demo? ...

He is annoying. But he makes a good point about the dodge mechanic. I haven’t played RE3 since it launched forever ago but I don’t really remember it being an action game. I’m really hoping this isn’t RE6 again.

Athreous

He is annoying. But he makes a good point about the dodge mechanic. I haven’t played RE3 since it launched forever ago but I don’t really remember it being an action game. I’m really hoping this isn’t RE6 again.
It had a lot more action than any RE game back in the day.

And I didn't find nemesis as intimidating as in the re3 remake.

But yeah, Nemesis dropping us on the floor and doing nothing, is a bit retarded...

Dacon

Banned
Game looks great aside from the boring as fuck character design and trash bag Nemesis, which mods will fix in no time.

I hope we have the option to turn off the retarded witch time ability.

Top Bottom