• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 remake demo announced | New previews, gameplay, and screenshots

E.T. Waifu

I personally highly prefer cartoony and also very sexualized characters and all that.
But it's just more about staying in tune with the setting you create, I typically don't like realistic looks in games but that doesn't make it '' SJW ''.
I really fucking hate it when people complain that characters and games I enjoy are '' oversexualized '', but to me sitting around calling Jill ugly or complaining that Aloy in HZD isn't sexy enough is the same thing.
I don't like Aloys design and I don't like the realistic graphics, but that doesn't mean that there's an agenda behind it or that I need to go crazy about it.

I do think that the industry has severely overcompensated with the whole '' sexy women are bad '' mentality and that people still do overreact a lot to female characters having any overt sex appeal. But people complaining about Jill are really just the other side of the same coin to me.
I'd perhaps be a little bit mad if her original costume wasn't in the game, or maybe disappointed is a better word for it. But mainly because it'd feel like a wasted opportunity for some fanservice ( not the sexual one, I just mean something that the fans of the original game will enjoy. Not all fanservice is sexual. ).

I also don't think that the Japanese give a shit really.
They still had Ada in a red dress and heels this time for some reason which she didn't wear in the original. And I mean that was a very tight dress and Ada looked very beautiful, they clearly don't care.
I think that sometimes they might say something to western outlets just to get the outlets to shut up about it but I don't think that they actually care about it. I think that they'll just make the game they want to make. The notion that the devs for RE3 are some kind of SJW's or that they've been pressured by the SJW's to make Jill ugly is just hilariously stupid.
SJW's are a thing, but people also just use them as a scapegoat and a boogeyman a lot.

Resident Evil always had a realistic aesthetic too to begin with. The graphics are just way better now, but they always aimed for the realism of the time.
And as far as female protagonists in a video game with realistic graphics Ada, Claire and Jill are honestly very attractive. I do think that western devs sucks ass at this, but the Japanese still make them look quite attractive.
People complained about Lady and Trish too but I thought they were hot too.
Agree with pretty much everything you're saying. Capcom aren't pandering to SJWs, they're just going with a visually realistic approach. They will make more sexy characters whenever they feel like it's the right time.

azz0r

Banned
I personally highly prefer cartoony and also very sexualized characters and all that.
But it's just more about staying in tune with the setting you create, I typically don't like realistic looks in games but that doesn't make it '' SJW ''.
I really fucking hate it when people complain that characters and games I enjoy are '' oversexualized '', but to me sitting around calling Jill ugly or complaining that Aloy in HZD isn't sexy enough is the same thing.
I don't like Aloys design and I don't like the realistic graphics, but that doesn't mean that there's an agenda behind it or that I need to go crazy about it.

I do think that the industry has severely overcompensated with the whole '' sexy women are bad '' mentality and that people still do overreact a lot to female characters having any overt sex appeal. But people complaining about Jill are really just the other side of the same coin to me.
I'd perhaps be a little bit mad if her original costume wasn't in the game, or maybe disappointed is a better word for it. But mainly because it'd feel like a wasted opportunity for some fanservice ( not the sexual one, I just mean something that the fans of the original game will enjoy. Not all fanservice is sexual. ).

I also don't think that the Japanese give a shit really.
They still had Ada in a red dress and heels this time for some reason which she didn't wear in the original. And I mean that was a very tight dress and Ada looked very beautiful, they clearly don't care.
I think that sometimes they might say something to western outlets just to get the outlets to shut up about it but I don't think that they actually care about it. I think that they'll just make the game they want to make. The notion that the devs for RE3 are some kind of SJW's or that they've been pressured by the SJW's to make Jill ugly is just hilariously stupid.
SJW's are a thing, but people also just use them as a scapegoat and a boogeyman a lot.

Resident Evil always had a realistic aesthetic too to begin with. The graphics are just way better now, but they always aimed for the realism of the time.
And as far as female protagonists in a video game with realistic graphics Ada, Claire and Jill are honestly very attractive. I do think that western devs sucks ass at this, but the Japanese still make them look quite attractive.
People complained about Lady and Trish too but I thought they were hot too.

Or maybe they just wanted to make a game with realistic graphics and outfits while still honouring the original. What makes you think it has anything todo with (god I hate NG for making me type this) "SJW"?

NAI1210

cTEHAN1.gif

And then
79xniQ2.gif
I can't wait to play the game 🤗

Aggelos

I was jut wondering whether they would add Ray-Tracing support for the PC version.... As producer Peter Fabiano mentioned, RE3Remake had been in development for approx. 3 years.
They didn't include Ray-Tracing for RE2Remake, but what happens this time around?....

2020-04-01_xbox_the_opjkal.jpg

SuperGooey

RE news is mostly posted on Tuesdays, so expect an announcement of the demo's release date this Tuesday (the 17th), with the demo being release next Friday (the 20th).

As J3nga J3nga stated, this is exactly the timeline of the RE2 One-Shot demo. Something to keep in mind is that, like the RE2 demo, the RE3 demo will be data-mined immediately, and every asset in the game will be leaked.

Last edited:

J3nga

RE news is mostly posted on Tuesdays, so expect an announcement of the demo's release date this Tuesday (the 17th), with the demo being release next Friday (the 20th).

As J3nga J3nga stated, this is exactly the timeline of the RE2 One-Shot demo. Something to keep in mind is that, like the RE2 demo, the RE3 demo will be data-mined immediately, and every asset in the game will be leaked.
I'm quite confident we'll get news on coming Tuesday(17th) with the release on following Friday(20th).

Last edited:

SuperGooey

And now... we just wait.

I'm really curious about what the demo will be. Capcom isn't gonna let us explore too much of the city, so I'm sure most of it will be blocked off. I also doubt they'll spoil any Nemesis scares, so he probably won't be chasing us in the demo. If anything, the demo will end once Nemesis appears.

J3nga

And now... we just wait.

I'm really curious about what the demo will be. Capcom isn't gonna let us explore too much of the city, so I'm sure most of it will be blocked off. I also doubt they'll spoil any Nemesis scares, so he probably won't be chasing us in the demo. If anything, the demo will end once Nemesis appears.
Going to skip it since the demo will be part of the full release.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

There’s always a chance Sony will mess up the Playstation Store once again and reveal it’s already there... waiting... in the dark... STAAARRRSSS... 🙂

OrionNebula

Fairly certain the demo is going to be quite close to this (there is some ‘’gameplay spoilers’’ in there (no story spoilers, really), in case you don’t wan’t to know that Jill does backflips and some Moonwalking (L2+Down)) :

SuperGooey

Fairly certain the demo is going to be quite close to this (there is some ‘’gameplay spoilers’’ in there (no story spoilers, really), in case you don’t wan’t to know that Jill does backflips and some Moonwalking (L2+Down)) :

I'm sure it'll be that area, but with most of the store and building interiors blocked off. Probably no Nemesis encounter. Maybe it ends once you find the hose to clear the fire.

Yesbox

Neo Member
Or maybe they just wanted to make a game with realistic graphics and outfits while still honouring the original. What makes you think it has anything todo with (god I hate NG for making me type this) "SJW"?

I am arguing against people who make that claim.
Yes I think that the game industry has overcompensated a lot and there's a lot of fear when it comes to having female characters that are overtly sexy, but no I don't think that was the case with RE3 but there are people arguing that and saying that the female characters in RE3 are ugly because of SJWs.

The outfits aren't really realistic to begin with tho even in the remake. Ada is still wearing a dress and heels, she never wore heels in the original but she did in the remake. It doesn't matter, she looked great and I am glad that the Japanese aren't afraid of that and don't obsess so god damned hard about '' realism ''.
That's how you end up with every single female character in an entire game wearing t-shirts and jeans or just bland bodysuits and it's boring.
And I don't play video games for a boring time I play them to have fun, people obsess too much about '' practicality '' imo.
Heck even tight jeans aren't exactly the best thing to wear when trying to move quickly and avoid, they're very limiting.

The truth is that Ada's remake outfit is probably the least practical outfit in the entire series, but it doesn't matter. And the fact that I didn't really see anyone comment on her heels I think says a lot about how little people actually care about practicality.
So people can seriously screw off with the whole '' Jill's tube dress is impractical '', people don't actually care.
People just say that to dismiss people who are disappointed imo. If people actually genuinely believed that or cared about it then people would've talked about that with Ada but they didn't.
The hilarious thing is that there were game journalists interviewing the director about it who praised her for having a '' more realistic '' design because of the trenchcoat when we didn't know she'd be in her red dress too, completely ignoring the heels.
People just use it as a synonym for '' more modest '' it seems which is just dumb.

Last edited:

Yesbox

Neo Member
And now... we just wait.

The RE2 demo was pretty short as far as I remember.
I think that Nemesis might be in the RE3 demo tho, but in a more scripted scene maybe.
I mean we already experienced Mr X so they might not feel like they have to hold back as much with Nemesis, and we've also seen a lot of him already.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

^Someone posted that on reddit, and everyone as immediately assumed she is announcing the demo, which is so bafflingly stupid that it boggles my mind. The demo will likely released next week, but an instagram model isn't going to be the one to announce the release date.

Anyway, she is likely going to post photos of her being scanned in her Jill costume, which is also pretty cool

Thatkidgabara

Neo Member
^Someone posted that on reddit, and everyone as immediately assumed she is announcing the demo, which is so bafflingly stupid that it boggles my mind. The demo will likely released next week, but an instagram model isn't going to be the one to announce the release date.

Anyway, she is likely going to post photos of her being scanned in her Jill costume, which is also pretty cool
So the exciting news was the demo announcement.

SuperGooey

Jill looks so good! I know her new look as been decisive, but I think that has a lot to do with the really bad renders used in the official art and cover--the in-game model looks fantastic!

As for the zombie Nemesis is infecting, it's gotta be the rumored new enemy type--most likely reacting like a Crimson Head, which would be pretty fucking LIT BRO.

SuperGooey

I saw the trailer on that stream, but it hasn't been posted to youtube yet.

Kendo and Marvin are in!

EDIT TRAILER

Last edited:

Aggelos

So the Nemesis infected zombie behaves like the exposed parasite on a Ganado's head, not like a Crimson Head.

Sex Appeal was 'Not the Right Direction', Art Director Cho Yonghee Says

The latest issue of Game Informer is out and the cover story is (rather unsurprisingly) all about the Resident Evil 3 remake. One of the topics addressed by the developers is Jill Valentine's new RE3 remake design, and the game's Art Director explains why they've made a shift in style.

"There were a lot of discussions internally about that direction," RE3 remake Art Director Yonghee Cho told Game Informer. "The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, and it is a character that's going through a lot of adversity, so we wanted to home in on that and make sure that there's a certain level of believability in what she's wearing, a certain level of practicality."

Jill Valentine's new RE3 remake design may be disappointing to some fans of the classic game, but CAPCOM certainly hasn't forgotten about its roots. If you pre-order the game before it's planned release date in early April 2020, you can pick up the "Classic Costume Pack" skins. These skins include the original Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira designs as optional costumes for the players who want more of a throwback experience.

Yonghee Cho's Artstation page

NeoLed

Played the demo. It's very short and it pushed my PS4 to full performance mode. The last time I heard the fan was RDR2. The graphic is nice tho.

Eiknarf

Banned
Played the demo. It's very short and it pushed my PS4 to full performance mode. The last time I heard the fan was RDR2. The graphic is nice tho.
I watched the gameplay on YouTube.
It seems like there’s less “Running back and forth puzzle solving“. Is that true?

I’d love it if it was more of a shooter. Running back and forth Doing the puzzles in the remake RE2 got annoying.

So does this RE3 have less puzzles?

NeoLed

Can't say for now. The demo only requires me to grab a fire hose somewhere in another building on another street. Like I said, it's very short. IMO, the demo main showcase are the graphics and evasion

Fantastic demo, played it like 25 times lol

Still something that doesn't convince me, feeling is not too much resident evil-y but who knows, I have to consider is a demo, but...

Also, what's the deal with Carlos new look? Lol

Looks like Miguel from Tekken 6 with those hair

Top Bottom