• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake LEAKS thread (UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD)

SuperGooey

Copies of R3make have made it out into the wild! Naturally, people have already completed it, some even streamed their playthrough (before being banned).

Anyway, here is where we discuss the leaks, spoilers, datamining, etc. This is your last chances to turn back!

HERE WE GO!

The Clock Tower is in the game, but only the square that acts as an arena for the second Nemesis fight before Jill gets infected. This was the last image of that was stream before it got cut:

TKdbVYJ.png

The stream also had Nemesis hunting Jill with a rocket launcher. During this sequence, this happened:

59f14174b116c01a19a3a7027a99a212.gif

Jill's STARS costume:

V6QvLX9.png

Here are two threads on a french website where 3 people who have completed the game talk about it:
I just finished the game. My opinion.
My Opinion in advance !!!

These threads are obviously in French, so the Google translate is a little weird, but here are some tidbits:

-about 5:30/6 hours to complete
-There are 3 difficulties from the start (Assisted, Standard, Hardcore). By completing Hardcore you unlock a Nightmare mode that remixes item and enemy locations. Completing Nightmare unlocks Hell difficulty.
-Completing the game unlocks the shop where you can buy costumes, unlimited ammo, and coins that raise def/attack. They cost points, ala RE5.
-Hospital has been expanded
-New lab area that is is apparently way creepier and bigger than RE2make's lab.
-the Pale Heads from RE2's Ghost Survivors are in the lab? (he was vague)
-there is a section in the lab that is similar RE4's cabin shootout with Leon and Luis (Chapter 2-2)
-No Grave Digger, crows or Spiders in the game
-There are challenges that give unlock coins that upgrade your defense and attack (ala, RE7)
-Clock Tower is now only an arena for a boss fight. You cannot enter it.
-Nemesis has more forms/transformations than the original game
-Hinted at Nikolai also transforming into a monster (needs confirmation)
-There is no New Game + mode.
-Said he wanted to keep the ending a surprise, wouldn't answer whether or not Barry rescues Jill)
Turns out, no Barry.

In addition to this, I did catch a bit of the stream before it was taken down. The part where Nemesis chases you with the rocket launcher looks awesome! Here are some things I saw:

-Marvin gets bit by zombie Brad Vickers at the RPD entrance, right in front of Carlos and Tyrell
-You get an achievement for killing Brad called "Breaking Brad"
-there is a 2 lickers in the RPD
-Tyrell is shady... Carlos thought they were supposed to rescue a Dr. Bard, but Tyrell hints that it isn't a rescue mission
-Carlos blows up the locker room/bathroom wall on the 2nd Floor of the RPD
-We see the licker kill the two cops in the West Wing RPD hallway (the radio cop and the cop up on the pipe)
-Dr. Bard isn't in the RPD, but they do contact him on Jill's computer. He is in the hospital, and he says that Umbrella is going crazy, killing their employees. Carlos didn't know this, Tyrell doesn't seem surprised.

PS4 Trophy List
Resident Evil 3 Remake Trophies
Farewell Raccoon
Obtain all trophies.

Hard awakening
Escape from Jill’s building.

Go ahead, in the metro
Escape from the residential area of Raccoon City.

Change of scenery
Leave downtown Raccoon City.

A Little Space
Increase the inventory capacity.

Let It Go
Push Nemesis to abandon an object.

Backfire
Defeat Nemesis on the roof.

The Power of Gems
Place all the gems in the metro station clock.

Emergency Call
Leave the police station.

Breaking Brad
Kill Brad.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description.

I don’t know what I have
Leave the square of the clock tower.

Near the Danger
Follow Nicholai into the depths of the installation.

The Flower with Fuses
Collect all the fuses in the hangar in less than 5 minutes.

Nemesis, the Return
Defeat Nemesis in its 2nd form.

Nemesis, the return of revival
Defeat Nemesis in its 3rd form.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description

Fuuusion!
Make an item.

Is it approved?
Upgrade a weapon.

G.I. Jill
Complete the game in “Hardcore” mode or higher.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description

Sensational
Complete the game with S-Rank.

Pandora’s Box
Complete the game without opening the item chest.

Saturated Emergencies
Resist the horde of zombies.

Hello Charlie!
Destroy a Charlie Figurine.

Double Cut
Defeat two enemies with a single shot.

All Seen, All Read
Read all Story Documents.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description

Traveling Arsenal
Obtain all available weapons in the campaign.

Open Sesame
Open all safes, lockers and locks.

Tonic Jill
Complete the game in “Normal” mode or higher.

You’re Not Bad!
Complete the game without using more than one healing item.

Parked in Double File
Complete the game in less than 2 hours.

Photo of a man on Jill's apartment desk. Looks like Chris Redfield:

JPgOmAD.png

Complete Bestiary:
-Zombie
-Parasite Zombie
-Zombie Dog
-Drain Deimos
-Hunter Gamma
-Licker
-Hunter Beta
-Pale Head
-Nemesis
-Nemesis Phase 2
-Nemesis Phase 3

All Unlockables (translated by residentgringo from ResetEra):
  • Jill STARS Costume (2000 p)
  • Recovery Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Defense Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Attack Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Reloading Press (4000 p)
  • Chris Redfield's STARS Combat Manual (6400 p, makes perfect dodge much easier)
  • Hook (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Bolt Cutters (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Satchel (4800 p, increases inventory space) 2 exist
  • Hot Dagger (7200 p)
  • Samurai Edge (5600 p)
  • MUP Pistol (8000 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rai-Den (12000 p, infinite ammo)
  • CQBR Assault Rifle (28400 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rocket Launcher (62400 p, infinite ammo)

FULL PLAYTHROUGH (on assisted difficulty; in French):
LIVE IN FRENCH

Last edited:

Soulsdark

Aaaw, the RE1 costume doesn't really look like the original which is a bit disappointing :/...
Then again they didn't in RE2 either.
More like '' inspired by ''.

I am fine with no spiders.
I hate them irl but I am honestly fine with them in games for some really weird reason. But I'd still rather be without them.
Sucks for people who wanted them in the game tho.

Aggelos

-Carlos blows up the locker room/bathroom wall on the 2rd Floor of the RPD

The showers on the 2nd floor.... People thought that it was Nemesis' handiwork. But alas, Carlos blasted through using a C4.

But on the 3rd floor, the wall was intact and unmolested when Carlos visited the Police Station.
Then in RE2 Remake we find the wall already being demolished. I was expecting Nemesis to burst out of that wall, but maybe at later juncture? Once Carlos reached the Stars Office the game switched to Jill.

D3DvzggWwAA_8jE

-Marvin gets bit by zombie Brad Vickers at the RPD entrance, right in front of Carlos and Tyrell

I saw Marvin hesitating to shoot Brad Vickers, because they obviously knew each other.
That's why he warns Leon by saying "And don't make my mistake. If you see one of those things, uniform or not, you do not hesitate. You take it out.... or you run. Got it?"
He neither did run nor took him out.... So by the time he met Leon in RE2Remake, he had already realised his grave mistake.

Last edited:

Aggelos

-No Grave Digger, crows or Spiders in the game
Maybe the dev team deemed the Grave Digger to be another one of those absurd monsters created back in the '90s, and was causing them problem to make it fit into this remake.... (RE2Remake producer Tsuyoshi Kanda remarked in interviews that the Giant Alligator of RE2 was quite challenging to find a way to make it fit in the remake).

"While the first two games had an array of different boss fights, the lower budget and tighter timeline afforded to “Resident Evil 1.9” meant Aoyama’s team did not have the wiggle room to create a variety of boss fights. To compensate, Nemesis has a very pervasive presence, appearing many times throughout the scenario. Some appearances are pre-scripted and others are randomized from session to session, which further contributes to the game’s replay value. Aside from Nemesis, there is only one other boss, an oversized worm called the Grave Digger, bringing the number of bosses to a whopping two total, whereas the game’s predecessors contained several more. "

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Maybe the dev team deemed the Grave Digger to be another one of those absurd monsters created back in the '90s, and was causing them problem (RE2Remake producer Tsuyoshi Kanda remarked in interviews that the Giant Alligator of RE2 was quite challenging to find a way to make it fit in the remake).

"While the first two games had an array of different boss fights, the lower budget and tighter timeline afforded to “Resident Evil 1.9” meant Aoyama’s team did not have the wiggle room to create a variety of boss fights. To compensate, Nemesis has a very pervasive presence, appearing many times throughout the scenario. Some appearances are pre-scripted and others are randomized from session to session, which further contributes to the game’s replay value. Aside from Nemesis, there is only one other boss, an oversized worm called the Grave Digger, bringing the number of bosses to a whopping two total, whereas the game’s predecessors contained several more. "

It's Resident Evil--a series based on ridiculous monsters. This is where I think the current RE team is completely misguided. They think zombies, lickers, giant frog/reptile monsters, a giant guy in the tench coat and fedora that punches, a Nemesis who has a rocket launcher, and mold monsters are fine, but a giant worm, spider or alligator is just WAY TOO CRAZY! Nonsense.

The team needs to grow up, and stop trying using "realism" as an excuse cut major enemies in a RESIDENT EVIL game.

Aggelos

It's Resident Evil--a series based on ridiculous monsters. This is where I think the current RE team is completely misguided. They think zombies, lickers, giant frog/reptile monsters, a giant guy in the tench coat and fedora that punches, a Nemesis who has a rocket launcher, and mold monsters are fine, but a giant worm, spider or alligator is just WAY TOO CRAZY! Nonsense.

The team needs to grow up, and stop trying using "realism" as an excuse cut major enemies in a RESIDENT EVIL game.

I have no idea.
Even the director of the original RE2, Hideki Kamiya who has been at Platinum Games since 2006, told them that the spiders were missing, when asked about things he didn't like about the Remake.
And they said that Kazunori Kadoi was the guy who had programmed the spiders in the original RE1, so he knew better.
But no reason was given as to why the spiders were cut. So all the cut monsters, from the recent remakes, we could say they couldn't find ways to make them work or/and make them relevant and interesting. Thus they axed them...

at 4:55 they discuss the omission of Spiders in the Remake.

-there is a licker in the RPD

I counted two.

The other one burst through the window in the STARS room hallway on the 2nd floor. That's why you see the rain pouring into, when Leon and Claire arrive there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Is it harder than REmake 2? Has anyone confirmed that yet?

SuperGooey

Is it harder than REmake 2? Has anyone confirmed that yet?
Easier. One guy played in on Standard and the other played it on Hardcore, and say that the dodge makes the game much easier than RE2make.

But there are is a Super Hardcore mode that they haven't played yet. I think you unlock it from beating Hardcore, and this makes enemies stronger, gives you even less ammo, and remixes item and enemy locations.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Trophy list revealed!
Resident Evil 3 Remake Trophies
Farewell Raccoon
Obtain all trophies.

Hard awakening
Escape from Jill’s building.

Go ahead, in the metro
Escape from the residential area of Raccoon City.

Change of scenery
Leave downtown Raccoon City.

A Little Space
Increase the inventory capacity.

Let It Go
Push Nemesis to abandon an object.

Backfire
Defeat Nemesis on the roof.

The Power of Gems
Place all the gems in the metro station clock.

Emergency Call
Leave the police station.

Breaking Brad
Kill Brad.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description.

I don’t know what I have
Leave the square of the clock tower.

Near the Danger
Follow Nicholai into the depths of the installation.

The Flower with Fuses
Collect all the fuses in the hangar in less than 5 minutes.

Nemesis, the Return
Defeat Nemesis in its 2nd form.

Nemesis, the return of revival
Defeat Nemesis in its 3rd form.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description

Fuuusion!
Make an item.

Is it approved?
Upgrade a weapon.

G.I. Jill
Complete the game in “Hardcore” mode or higher.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description

Sensational
Complete the game with S-Rank.

Pandora’s Box
Complete the game without opening the item chest.

Saturated Emergencies
Resist the horde of zombies.

Hello Charlie!
Destroy a Charlie Figurine.

Double Cut
Defeat two enemies with a single shot.

All Seen, All Read
Read all Story Documents.

Hidden Trophy
Hidden Description

Traveling Arsenal
Obtain all available weapons in the campaign.

Open Sesame
Open all safes, lockers and locks.

Tonic Jill
Complete the game in “Normal” mode or higher.

You’re Not Bad!
Complete the game without using more than one healing item.

Parked in Double File
Complete the game in less than 2 hours.

Aggelos

From that French forum, the guys also mentioned (google translate) :

The sewers well before the infection of Jill, or boils can be 1h30 -2h of game and you really do not stay there long, it is limited not useful to speak about it

The final fight takes place in the labs but the penultimate fight takes place in a room in the lab which is very "discharge".

Nemesis in addition to its basic form has 2 more forms, one of which is very "animal", ultra fast in its movements.

I confirm, we fight on the Clock Tower square then follows Jill's infection and then clearly the best part of the game: the hospital !

Love this moment.
Mikhail a few seconds apart/before his ultimate demise tries to halt Jill who's beside herself with anger and ire while shouting "How is it this fucker still alive?" after Nemesis has found them on the sub. While Nikolai in the back, is plotting to trap Jill by locking her in that last compartment. And Mikhail sacrifices himself in an attempt to kill Nemesis.

latest

Nikolaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SuperGooey

I'm glad the people who have played the game say the hospital is great, but... hospital environments are always pretty boring. It's not like a gothic clock tower that offers really interesting architecture and where every room can be different.

I'll try and keep an open mind, but these leaks have really deflated a lot of the hype I had for this game. I'm just glad I found this stuff out now instead of during my first playthrough.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

The guy who made this thread is about to post over an hour of gameplay on youtube, but it'll be unlisted. Only those who PM him will get the link.

Anyone here speak French? I made an account just to ask him for the link.

EDIT: Nevermind. He dropped the link! The video is processing now.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. The youtube link doesn't work, and the guy who posted it said he's going to bed. :/

Last edited:

Aggelos

He give a link?

The stream also had Nemesis hunting Jill with a rocket launcher. During this sequence, this happened:

59f14174b116c01a19a3a7027a99a212.gif

This image is a tad before Nemesis levels his Rocket Launcher at the creepy toy head, that is prominently standing out on the shop's rooftop, while walking the mane avenue.

latest

Last edited:

SuperGooey

The video fell through. The guy isn't uploading until tomorrow, but someone else popped up with the game and he's answering questions. I made an account, and with English to French google translates, I can ask him.

Aggelos

The video fell through. The guy isn't uploading until tomorrow, but someone else popped up with the game and he's answering questions. I made an account, and with English to French google translates, I can ask him.

You know, with the threat of being taken down quite speedily, in such a case people should resort to the old pre-youtube days.
Back in 2004-5 we would share video files on yousendit or rapidshare, it was the only way to go.
Now obviously it's mega.nz. but you now, whatever...

Aggelos

The guy who made this thread is about to post over an hour of gameplay on youtube, but it'll be unlisted. Only those who PM him will get the link.

Anyone here speak French? I made an account just to ask him for the link.

EDIT: Nevermind. He dropped the link! The video is processing now.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. The youtube link doesn't work, and the guy who posted it said he's going to bed. :/

He uploaded on GoogleDrive, apparently.

Edit : beaten

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
5-6 hours is so short. I’d have to pull out my PS1 mem card and compare.

I wonder if the electricity generator area and the lift with the battery are in this.

I want an early copy :( :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

SuperGooey

I wish I didn't spoil the opening of the game. Holy shit. But.. I did find what I think is a photo of Chris Redfield on Jill's apartment desk:

vXD9wgN.png

5-6 hours is so short. I’d have to pull out my PS1 mem card and compare.

I wonder if the electricity generator area and the lift with the battery are in this.

I want an early copy :( :messenger_grinning_smiling:
RE3 Classic is a 3 hour game. Tops.

SuperGooey

I think I'm out, guys.

I watched bits and pieces of the opening cutscene/segment of the game. It's wonderful, and I'm pissed I spoiled it for myself. It's time for me to **attempt** to abandon this thread.

See ya on the other side!

Last edited:

Xander3116

Wait there are no spiders in the game? i could have sworn i saw spiders in a video showing a section where jill had to flip on some generators or something.

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file that you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Is there a separate download for the full playthrough?

Aggelos

Oh my god, after the meetup between Jill, Nikolai and Murphy Seeker, I've heard a reprise of the theme "The City of Ruin" ("The 1st Stage" in the Biohazard Orchestra Album)

Last edited:
Games looks incredible. Not really complaining about the "cut" stuff either. Like Remake 2, it's not a 1:1 remake, and they've said from the start that since the original RE3 is not close to being loved as RE2 that they would have more freedom to make some changes. Again, I welcome that because the original is going nowhere if I want to play that. Can't wait til April 3rd. Taking off work

Aggelos

Wait there are no spiders in the game? i could have sworn i saw spiders in a video showing a section where jill had to flip on some generators or something.

Not only that (the canned enemies from the original counterparts). But the piece of artistry that showed the zombies overrunning Raccoon city seems to be a 'goner' too.

The CGI movies of Biohazard 2 and Biohazard 3 Last Escape were created by Imagica Impression, back at the day.
It was October 1999 when I saw that intro movie, and I was so pumped, my blood was boiling, I literally came. I just wanted to jump right into the world of Bio 3 and experience the game/storyline of Jill's Last Escape.
And this piece of art seems to be gone now. I can't believe it. At least in RE2Remake they kept the truck driver as key player of the intro movie. plus the scenes with Leon and Claire driving around the streets of Raccoon City in a patrol car. But this time around.....

SuperGooey

Aggelos Aggelos
The new opening gives another vibe, but I think it's also very effective seeing it more from Jill's perspective.

(Yes, I haven't left. I'm too weak.)

SuperGooey

Here's some more info on the Nightmare difficulty setting from someone who unlocked it after beating Hardcore:
7:18 a.m.

Completed in Hardcore mode unlocks the nightmare mode (which is not the case with normal mode) so I assume that hell mode is unlocked by finishing the latter.

In a nightmare enemies are more resistant, less ammunition, and the locations of objects are changed.

The results indicate that the rank S depends on a certain time and less than 5 saves used eg:, less than 2 hours in nightmare and 5 save or less, I cannot see for hell mode.

And there you will surely tell you that rank S in Hell should be problematic? Well I doubt it, finishing the game unlocks "the shop" which allows you to buy infinite weapons, constant regen style cheats, up from def / atk, if it is possible to use them it will unfortunately be easy to roll over (see what the mode offers to counterbalance this).

Tomorrow I would try another run with my infinite ump (the only weapon I could buy) in a nightmare

For trophy hunters: I doubt that platinum exceeds 20 hours given the duration of the game in discovery mode.
Source

Last edited:
Add the file to your own Google Drive.
Make a copy of that file.
Then download the copy.

You're welcome everyone.

Also, there is nearly 20 minutes before the actual game begins, which is going to be a massive yikes from me dawg. I'm hoping the harder difficulties chop off that stupid cinematic intro shit. REmake kept the modern game tropes to a minimum.

Top Bottom