• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake LEAKS thread (UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD)

Aggelos

Aaaaaaand... the account has been terminated.

The account lasted 2 or 3 hours or sth and then was taken down.

Guys, based on what I've seen, the expanded Hospital is a great section. The Frenchmen already noted that.
I mean it's a proper Hospital now, in terms of size and architecture, that somehow emits the old classical RE horror and dread.
And the Hunters-β, they don't seem to joke around. And they have a proper intro movie too, that harkens way back in time....
I mean ya, the French guy is playing it on assisted mode. Just imagine those suckers in Nightmare mode..... Just fancy that.

the Hunters-β are slaying in the Hospital section. People think that the game is short like 4-5 hours, to finish. For all those whiners , go try and finish the game on Hardcore on your first run.
And try get past the Hunters in the Hospital, thinking it could be like a walk in the park.
I mean those old RE games of the '90s, were always meant to be difficult and scary as f*ck. Like the first one of 1996. No continues, no auto-saves, no UI to help collect the items, no this, no that.
And the REmake of 2002 was like that. Although you could choose your difficulty, I don't think many people were able to finish that in one day.
Thus when RE2 Remake came out last year and now this one, people expect it to have the volume, scope and vastness of The Last of Us Part II, or Days Gone, or Read Dead Redemption II. so the campaign will last for hours before finishing it. But I think that in order to grasp a game like RE2Remake and RE3Remake you have to make your first run in the hardest available difficulty.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

This is pretty fucking cool to me. It's completely different from the clock tower fight in the original, but it works in this case. Still a shame we can't enter the clock tower this time, but I think it helps that this remake will be harder to directly compare to the original. It's more like an entirely new game.

SuperGooey

Wait, I guess she doesn't become infected by the Drain Demon or whatever they're called?
The things spews something into her freaking mouth <_<?
I find it hard to believe that nothing will come out of that.
Yeah, I don't like the inclusion of that cutscene. It should only appear if you get attacked during gameplay, that way it's "non canon" like getting bit by a zombie during gameplay.

Last edited:

FUCKyeaBROo

Neo Member
Im getting such Déjà vu from everything this week. nonstop complaining about everything, thinking anybody but people who wanted a complete copy remake cares about cut enemies. Its all very familiar and funny as hell.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This game will be wildly popular
latest

SuperGooey

I know the title says "Unmarked spoilers", but I'm gonna mark this one because it's a post credit scene spoiler...

Apparently, it involves Chris Redfield. If this is true, my hunch about the photo on Jill's desk being Chris may be right. After all, it does look like a younger version of RE7's Chris, but with a beard.

UPDATE: Nevermind. The guy somehow confused Jill for Chris...? How does that happen. :/

Also, no Barry. :/

Last edited:

Aggelos

They are giving off the copies in France like that (no matter what the street date might be) .
Maybe due to Corona Virus and all the repercussions of the measures taken, retailers just sell off their stock.

Last edited:

FUCKyeaBROo

Neo Member
I really wonder how you're suppose to earn points for a game that doesn't have chapters like 4,5 and 6 do but yay at Jill having her stars gun for sale -_- should have been default weapon but i digress

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Capcom is going hard trying to delete all the footage and images that leaked, but it's futile. RE3 is available at more and more French stores today.

piers1987

Neo Member
I have all the six parts that the french guy upload... I contact with him and have his google drive files, but he is not uploading anymore. I think the game is not complete without first day patch... or they are cutting some parts. For example, in the twitch gameplay the guy show the big head of Uncle Toy smashing in the street... this part is not here in the gameplay I have. Anyway I can upload the files in another server and share them here If you want. Let me know!

Soulsdark

Capcom is going hard trying to delete all the footage and images that leaked, but it's futile. RE3 is available at more and more French stores today.

They've been pretty successful at it tbh, I haven't been able to find anything beyond Nemesis second form and some low res screenshots from the hospital.
Nothing about the ending and last boss battle.

Aggelos

They've been pretty successful at it tbh, I haven't been able to find anything beyond Nemesis second form and some low res screenshots from the hospital.

In the way the French guy uploaded his footage. Hospital is the bottom one.

Do the trick, by copying the files to your Google-Drive (in case download quota has been exceeded)
Add the file to your own Google Drive.
Make a copy of that file.
Then download the copy.

You're welcome everyone.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

So the hospital is the last area of the game? No Dead Factory, just has a lab in the basement?

*sigh* I'm not gonna watch any footage of the lab/hospital, but the constant barrage of disappointing news (no Grave Digger/crows/spiders/new enemies, shorter than a single RE2make scenario, no Clock Tower, no Dead Factory, most enemies being reused RE2make assets, no Mercenaries, no random elements, no multiple endings, Nemesis doesn't kill Brad, etc.) I've become numb to this game.

Hearing and seeing this has put my expectations in check, which is probably the only way I could have enjoyed this game. Had I played this game for the first time, anticipating the Clock Tower, I would have probably hated this as a remake. Like, seriously, I cannot explain how excited I was to see the gothic architecture of the clock tower in the RE. No matter how good the hospital segment is, a hospital setting will never be as cool or interesting as a gothic chapel environment.

/rant

P.S. I could absolutely still end up loving the game when I play it myself, but I just needed to vent out my frustrations. Literally everything I was looking forward to in this remake is not present (with the exception of the hunters and seeing Carlos's characters expanded upon).
--------

EDIT: Damn, I accidentally spoiled Nemesis's final form for myself by lurking on the Resetera spoiler thread (my fault, I know). It, uh, looks fucking amazing. :)
1584983240688.jpg

Also, new enemy type: EDIT. Nevermind. It's from ORC. There are no new enemies... :/
1584962812492.jpg

Last edited:

Soulsdark

Oh, I thought that the hospital was like in the middle of the game or something lol.

My expectations have been lowered a bit too, I never played the original game tho so I am not as attached to the things that are missing as others may be. But I am not expecting to enjoy it quite as much as RE2 remake perhaps but I'll probably still like it.
I also think that the multiplayer looks like fun too, so there's that.

Aggelos

So the hospital is the last area of the game? No Dead Factory, just has a lab in the basement?
I meant the last one, on my list of videos.

Oh, I thought that the hospital was like in the middle of the game or something lol.

It's in the middle of the game.

So you're saying this is Nemesis' final form? Very interesting indeed.... Extraordinarily interesting I would say.
Quite remarkable!

FMAsfEp.jpg

QhfUgwi.jpg

pM7juv8.jpg

I couldn't find the following Nemesis moment, from those December 2019 leaked screenshots, though.....

RE3-Leaked.jpg

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Can someone who has watched some of the play through tell me how prominent Nemesis is?

Is it worse than Mr X in 2?

SuperGooey

I meant the last one, on my list of videos.

It's in the middle of the game.

So you're saying this is Nemesis' final form? Very interesting indeed.... Extraordinarily interesting I would say.
Quite remarkable!

FMAsfEp.jpg

QhfUgwi.jpg

pM7juv8.jpg

I couldn't find the following Nemesis moment, from those December 2019 leaked screenshots, though.....

RE3-Leaked.jpg
The Nemesis photo image is from the start up menu when you boot up the game on PS4. Still don't know the origin of the Jill screenshot. Unlike every other image that was leaked from the PSN leak (before the official announcement of RE3), that's the only one with no clear origin. Unlike the other images, this one was a photo taken of a monitor.

Can someone who has watched some of the play through tell me how prominent Nemesis is?

Very, very prominent. Much more so than Mr. X in RE2.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Definitely. He was (in the original) and is the main antagonist of Jill. Through and through.

Story goes like this : Jill thought that her ordeal/nightmare was over, when she escaped the mansion in RE1's story, but Jill met her match in Nemesis.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Fucks sake. Thanks guys.

In that case I'll wait for a mod that removes him like the one that removed X on PC. Nemesis ruined the demo for me.

I’m sure speedrunners will have tips and tricks before long on how to abuse his AI. I guess when he’s around it’s mostly just being ready to dodge at all time

I mean, in the demo there is a challenge to collect/destroy all Mr Charlie bobbleheads (this game’s Mr Raccoon), and one of the way to get one of those bobblehead to appear is to basically perfect dodge 20 times without dying (don’t know if it’s just 20 times any enemy or if it has to be with your friendly neighbour wrecking machine Nemesis, but it’s way quicker with him anyway). It might be tough, but you can learn a lot from that, gameplay-wise. And Nemesis becomes a little less intimidating after the 84th time he punches you in the face...

Reactions: GHG

Soulsdark

Fucks sake. Thanks guys.

In that case I'll wait for a mod that removes him like the one that removed X on PC. Nemesis ruined the demo for me.

Really tho lol?
I just ran past him, he jumped in front of me so I just backed up then ran around the thingie and right to the end of the demo.
He's really easy to dodge too.

I never understood people having issues with Mr X either, only threat he posed to me was if he forced me to run around Lickers but that was only a risk outside of the locker room and I just remember to keep a flashbang on me for certain parts.
Honestly I barely even notice him when I play the game now lol, he just became a thing I run past and a minor inconvenience.

Edit: There's already a trainer too for the demo.
You can just use a trainer to make him go down in one hit and stay down.
But yeah, I mean I think that you should just grow some balls and deal with him xD...

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
If you have to remove content to enjoy the game then the game probably isn't for you.

Nah, I'm loving RE:2 after removing Mr X (I also loved it before he appeared) . I kept him in for an hour or so after he first appeared and then he just became more of an annoyance than a threat. I'll probably do my next play through using the first person mod.

We're allowed to like the same games for different reasons.

FUCKyeaBROo

Neo Member

*sigh* I'm not gonna watch any footage of the lab/hospital, but the constant barrage of disappointing news (no Grave Digger/crows/spiders/new enemies, shorter than a single RE2make scenario, no Clock Tower, no Dead Factory, most enemies being reused RE2make assets, no Mercenaries, no random elements, no multiple endings, Nemesis doesn't kill Brad, etc.) I've become numb to this game.

Hearing and seeing this has put my expectations in check, which is probably the only way I could have enjoyed this game. Had I played this game for the first time, anticipating the Clock Tower, I would have probably hated this as a remake. Like, seriously, I cannot explain how excited I was to see the gothic architecture of the clock tower in the RE. No matter how good the hospital segment is, a hospital setting will never be as cool or interesting as a gothic chapel environment.

/rant

P.S. I could absolutely still end up loving the game when I play it myself, but I just needed to vent out my frustrations. Literally everything I was looking forward to in this remake is not present (with the exception of the hunters and seeing Carlos's characters expanded upon).
--------

EDIT: Damn, I accidentally spoiled Nemesis's final form for myself by lurking on the Resetera spoiler thread (my fault, I know). It, uh, looks fucking amazing. :)
1584983240688.jpg

Also, new enemy type:
1584962812492.jpg
Wow they are really preparing us for that Resident Evil 4 remake that you all are gonna bitch about when they cut the weapons guy from the game

Soulsdark

according to resetera the hospital isn't the final part of the game as what was stated here hmmmmm apparently its a jungle

When I look at Nemesis last form he looks almost like a swamp monster, like he got nature in his design if that makes sense.
Maybe he fuses with Plant 43 somehow?

Wow they are really preparing us for that Resident Evil 4 remake that you all are gonna bitch about when they cut the weapons guy from the game

Honestly, I kinda hope they don't remake RE4 in this style.
It won't be RE4 anymore, it'd just be better to do a new game and call it RE4 instead of trying to adapt that game to a more '' serious game ''.
That game is over the top to a pretty extreme, the villain even just straight up talks about clichés and Hollywood.

What's the point if it's not even going to be remotely the same game anymore?

SuperGooey

I do NOT want a remake of RE4. That game is lightning in a bottle full of elements that should not work when thrown together, but somehow, it does--it's a game that is what it is because of the sum of its parts. The camp, weirdness and pacing of always introducing new gameplay elements is not something I trust modern Capcom to do. Capcom picking and choosing what is "practical" and cutting out elements that stump them while reimagining them for a game like RE4 would be infuriating as a fan.

The only RE game that would greatly benefit from being remade, if anything, is Code Veronica. That's a game that, imo, you can pretty much do ANYTHING and it'll result in a better game than the original. Level design could use an overhaul, and as well as the writing and cast of characters. That's a game I trust the current RE team to improve upon.

according to resetera the hospital isn't the final part of the game as what was stated here hmmmmm apparently its a jungle
I read the lab has a jungle growing in it, kinda like how RE2 has foliage growing in parts. I'm curious to see it, but I'll wait until I play the game myself. I wasn't a big fan of how RE2make reimagined the lab, but I'll try to keep an open mind with RE3.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

moneybagjoe

Neo Member
Nah, I'm loving RE:2 after removing Mr X (I also loved it before he appeared) . I kept him in for an hour or so after he first appeared and then he just became more of an annoyance than a threat. I'll probably do my next play through using the first person mod.

We're allowed to like the same games for different reasons.
That’s not the same game tho

moneybagjoe

Neo Member
Fair point, but if you love a game and it gets a remake, it disappointing when some of your favorite elements are completely ignored for no real reason.

Also, in the case of these remakes where the developers cut out enemies because they weren't "practical," that worries me for future installments. I feel the same way with how they handled the soundtrack of RE2make, by cutting out almost all the memorable tunes. The problems I have with the remakes will no doubt carry over to future games like RE8.
I feel the same way however Capcom doesn’t call these remakes, we do.

Soulsdark

There were going to be 4 costumes for Jill right?

Counted the pre-order too tho?
So, default, RE1 and pre-order or ? and ?.
Or maybe two of them are the default and one is just a damaged version.

I've only seen the STARS one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom