• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake LEAKS thread (UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD)

Aggelos

You know, when people learned that RE3Remake was/would be outsourced, maybe they thought that it's gonna lack in quality or something.

Aside from Capcom Dev Division 1, I would like to give a quick shout-out to K2 Inc. They're a Capcom Japan subsidiary, and Capcom's right hand when it comes to getting help for their projects. They either co-develop the games with their parent company, or handle the development of ports.
Official page

Projects - Portfolio

FB page

Last edited:

SuperGooey

^Regardless of who made it, I don't see the polish of RE2make present in R3make. Thankfully, R3make seems to have better art direction.

BTW, here is some concept art of Hunter Gamma.
c6l8o6o0zgo41.png

I love the one we ended up with, but it would be cool if more variations showed up in the lab. Even if they functioned the same and the changes were only cosmetic, it would have really helped with enemy variation.

Last edited:

FUCKyeaBROo

Neo Member
All this bitching about a game when you dont have to buy it is hilarious to me. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY A GAME THAT IS CLEARLY GIVING YOU SUCH ISSUES PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! there are literally tons of great games coming out this year and I wish people would shut the fuck up about multiple endings the outcome was the same sans one barry cameo.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
All this bitching about a game when you dont have to buy it is hilarious to me. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY A GAME THAT IS CLEARLY GIVING YOU SUCH ISSUES PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! there are literally tons of great games coming out this year and I wish people would shut the fuck up about multiple endings the outcome was the same sans one barry cameo.

It is a remake/reimagining/reboot of the classic, so expectations are high and comparisons are inevitable.

Also it does not matter if there are tons of great games coming out this year because they are not Resident Evil games in this case.

Last edited:

DemonSquare11

Neo Member
This new type of 'store', have something else, without being infinite ammunition and weapons? Also, he say something aboult how can we get these new outfits, like the RE1 jill?

Like RE2, everyone will love this other than those who wanted this to be a 1:1 remake. That's their own fault for being let dow lol.

molasar

Banned
Like RE2, everyone will love this other than those who wanted this to be a 1:1 remake. That's their own fault for being let dow lol.

No, you are wrong. I never wanted a 1:1 remake. I just wanted a great game with all today's inventions but sadly the old stuff which is ok in the classics is brought back and holds those games down. So it is rather your own fault for not noticing it lol.

Soulsdark

5-7 hours on a first playthrough according to the several people who have already completed it. Said it is a little bit shorter than a single campaign of RE2make, but has high replay value.

I actually wonder how much of this is because the game itself is smaller, or how much of it is because Nemesis forces you to move faster more often.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

For what it's worth, one of my biggest complaints with RE2make was the lack of interaction and sense of camaraderie between Leon and Claire, which hurt the "soul" of the game. R3make seems to rectify this with Jill and Carlos.

I'm just not feeling a lot of the other changes since they seem to be made strictly to cut corners and rush the game out on time.

EDIT: Oh, there is another detail in R3make that I like a lot! Carlos and Jill actually react to some objects in rooms. Carlos can even inspect the STARS line up photo and the "Welcome Leon" sign, and he comments on it. This was missing from RE2make, so I'm glad it's back!

Last edited:

xPikYx

Another recap of the game footage, thus far.
1. A little bit of Jill in the sewers, meeting Kendo, Nemesis fight.

2. Nikolai's betrayal, Nemesis again, train derails, Carlos and Tyrell go to RPD, Brad and Marvin.

3. Carlos at the RPD

4. Nemesis fight at Clock Tower's lawn, Jill gets infected

5. Carlos at the Raccoon City Hospital

6. More hospital, Carlos fights a lot of zombies, Jill wakes up
This game graphic is absolutely stunning, we are close to CGI

Aggelos

People just mirroring the footage, thus far

This game graphic is absolutely stunning, we are close to CGI
During that period of 1998-1999, when the Raccoon City saga was in its heyday-prime, there was a CGI film with U.BC.S. members payin' a visit to Raccoon City to retrieve Dr. Cameron.
RE2Remake/RE3Remake look better than the CGI of that time. I used to drool over my magazine while looking at the screenshots.

Last edited:

Soulsdark

Lol that part where you just kill a ton of zombies in the Carlos hospital section early on looks a bit much like an action game perhaps.
Sorta reminds me of the later RE's.

Edit: Also look at the grenade at 6:16.
Wtf happens there haha, the grenade glitches like crazy.

Last edited:

Aggelos

BTW, here is some concept art of Hunter Gamma.
c6l8o6o0zgo41.png

I love the one we ended up with, but it would be cool if more variations showed up in the lab. Even if they functioned the same and the changes were only cosmetic, it would have really helped with enemy variation.

“I wanted to make sure that it was clear that these are not naturally occurring adversaries,” Art Director Cho Yonghee says. “These are manmade, artificial creatures. Specifically, with the Hunter, if you take a look at the original design, it has a much more humanoid look. This time around, we wanted the hunters to look almost beast-like, a little bit more feral.”
As I face my first Hunter Beta, I stagger back in horror. This feral beast’s claws are drawn, and its mandibles flicker eagerly, hungry for my flesh. He’s strong and fast, which is a deadly combo, and I unload nearly two full magazines worth of ammo into the monster before he finally collapses. The Hunter Beta is a fearsome foe even in a one-on-one battle, but Hunters will eventually hunt you in packs, which sounds truly unnerving.

re3_concept_hospital_1.png

re3_screen_hunter_b.jpg

residentevil3hospital.jpg

Last edited:

Aggelos

Is it true that there are no fucking puzzles in R3make?

From the footage, you can see there's only minor puzzle-work scattered around the game.

First time Jill meets Kendo. She's not infected at this juncture.

HzWgflV.jpg

Jill is treated by Carlos with a vaccine at the Hospital.. Now she has a new bandage on her left arm.

YzDM8HV.jpg

And here? Oh-uh? That is a screenshot that was released months ago. Might it be that you could return back to Kendo's gunshop after the infection?...
However it may as well be nothing... Just reading too much into the lines...

C2uE4ZA.jpg

Last edited:

Leon Grey

Neo Member
From the footage, you can see there's only minor puzzle-work scattered around the game.

First time Jill meets Kendo. She's not infected at this juncture.

HzWgflV.jpg

Jill is treated by Carlos with a vaccine at the Hospital.. Now she has a new bandage on her left arm.

YzDM8HV.jpg

And here? Oh-uh? That is a screenshot that was released months ago. Might it be that you could return back to Kendo's gunshop after the infection?...

C2uE4ZA.jpg
Maybe that is a costume. Like RE2MAKE. In RE2MAKE, do you remember you get Leons bandaged costume? I think It will be like that.

SuperGooey

C2uE4ZA.jpg
I think this screenshot was specifically staged for promotional purposes, and isn't represented in the final game. This was used for the Xbox achievement for getting Jill's letter to Kendo in RE2make.

It's like how they released this screenshot for RE2make, but it's never seen in the final game:

SuperGooey

All unlockables (credit goes to residentgringo from ResetEra for translating):

• Jill STARS Costume (2000 p)
  • Recovery Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Defense Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Attack Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Reloading Press (4000 p)
  • Chris Redfield's STARS Combat Manual (6400 p, makes perfect dodge much easier)
  • Hook (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Bolt Cutters (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Satchel (4800 p, increases inventory space) 2 exist
  • Hot Dagger (7200 p)
  • Samurai Edge (5600 p)
  • MUP Pistol (8000 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rai-Den (12000 p, infinite ammo)
  • CQBR Assault Rifle (28400 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rocket Launcher (62400 p, infinite ammo)
I don't know how I feel about being able to buy bolt cutters and the lock pick if they are always in your inventory taunting you, but I know I'm disappointed with the costume selection. Once again, the original RE3 obliterates the remake in options. However, I do like the point system, but as far as RE games go, R3make is bare bones when it comes to extra content. Maybe free DLC will add some kind of Brad Vickers ghost survivor mode or a mercenaries mode that unlocks new costumes.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

I hope this game gets some substantial content post launch free and paid to beef it up a bit.
Same, but it's a bad sign when you're relying on DLC to make a game feel complete...

The moment of truth will be the launch trailer on April 1st/2nd. That's where the DLC for RE7 and RE2make were announced.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Most of the city portion was from the demo, and the hospital definitely doesn't make up for the lack of a clock tower.

I hope that, unlike with RE2make and RE7, reviewers don't just hand out perfect scores.

Last edited:
So uh. Are people pleased with the game? Are you guys okay with what you've seen?

Seems alright but inspired too much by RE3 original, while I wanted RE3 with a similar structure to RE2/REmake
LIVE IN FRENCH

GOOD WORK PABLO, damn a livestream.

Yo Carlos detonates the pillar to block the door, but zombies were coming in da windows? RE Logic? lol

Last edited:

Aggelos

Yes brethren, that "Staff & Credits" reprise theme was pretty sweet. That's my shit right there...
I think that's what closes the deal for me to get Biohazard RE:3.

I recorded the livestream, i will upload it if someone wanna see it ^^

The end credits music please! That's what the doctor recommend me for the rest of the week. That's my medication here...

Last edited:

SuperGooey

You don't say a lot of times "i'm out, i don't wanna see anything else" ? xDD

Haha, I didn't watch or listen to anything during the final battle! I just kept looking away and back until I saw the credits (while on mute), and turned the audio back on just to hear the credits.

I did catch the after credits scene... Was that Jill wearing a green top? I don't understand what it meant. The streamer did play on Assisted mode like a total scrub, so maybe there is a better ending?

Last edited:
You don't say a lot of times "i'm out, i don't wanna see anything else" ? xDD

Good guy. Honestly if you uploaded it somewhere that won't reliably be taken down somehow, like google drive with the instructions to bypass the download limit, people would appreciate it. I am not kidding when I say this thread has a ton of traffic looking at it, because it appears in search results very early. You'll not get much thanks, but someone will likely watch it.

My only gripe was the guy did not give a fuck, playing in assisted etc. I was alarmed how much of the game seemed kind of devoid of any enemies, but I'm hoping to pin that down to the difficulty and expect it to scale upwards with the difficulty remixes.

GsXpMqp.png

The stream does seem to have an archive function and is fully rewatchable.

ON A SIDE NOTE;
Do I play RE3/RE2 with the AI upscaled textures for the for the first time or do I finally finish that S rank hardcore run of Leon B....

Last edited:

SuperGooey

The ending felt anti-climatic with Nicholai for sure.... like it was missing the true ending.

Also vial on the desk appeared to be the vaccine that Nicholai shot, don't know the implications of it.
Was the vial supposed to be evidence of Umbrella's doing or an anti-virus?

Also, I'm gonna add the stream to the OP until we get a better quality upload.

Top Bottom