• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake LEAKS thread (UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD)

Aggelos

Even famitsu released a spoilerific video today, they jumped on the bandwagon too.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Goddamit Capcom, why would you let other developers make this thing after the success RE2 had? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it sucks, I bet it's still going to be a good game, but good is not great, like RE2 was. Geez.

My brother., The answer lies in the following page, from Dengeki PlayStation Vol. 686 (their last printed issue.....)

The interviewer asks chief producer Kawata-san how and when did RE3Remake's development start, what the back-story of the production was.
Kawata-san replied that the actual development and production of the game began approx. two and a half years ago. Back then, Capcom wanted to push forward simoultaneous development of various titles, but the actual personnel of Capcom Dev Division 1 was insufficient to make that happen. Therefore, Capcom leaned to quite respectable developers such as M-Two Inc., REDWORKS Inc. and their frequent and trusted collaborator K2 Co. Ltd, in an effort also to build and solidify good relations with them.
Kawata-san mentioned that K2 Co. Ltd has gained great technical expertise over the years with the RE Engine, they are well-versed in creating the visual and graphics aspect of a title. And last but not least, Kawata thinks that they have done a pretty fantastic job with all the Capcom games that they've helped them out over the span of the years.
http://k2-games.com/products/

The interviewer asked Minami-san (founder of M-Two Inc.) about his first thoughts when RE3Remake appeared on the table as a project.
Minami-san mentioned that he founded his own company M-Two Inc, having as goal to help Capcom with smaller scale projects. The discussions about doing a larger scale project had always been on the table, but no actual plans were decided whatsoever. One moment Minami was inquiring Capcom as to how RE2Remake was progressing, and the next thing was telling him that they wanted to go ahead with RE3Remake asking him advise who should handle the actual development. Next moment, out of the blue, they chucked him the offer to do it. Minami says he spent half a year assembling the dev-team, finding the right people and doing all the necessary preps for the development. Afterwards, two and a half years went into the actual production of the game.
Minami said that Sakata's REDWORKS Inc. was brought in, since it was always good two have developers from the original RE3:Nemesis to help.

a726a86187669d395b1004fa41a86286b425e641.jpg

Last edited:

Soulsdark

PC gamer review praises RE2 zombies. Nah fuck off, having to put 30 bullets into one zombie isn't good.

In fairness, I liked how tanky the Zombies were in RE2 minus some of them who were way tankier than others and over the top.
My only problem was the headshots, I think that there should've been a set number of bullets they could take to the head where it'd be a guarantee crit.
Like 4-5 bullets or something.

Litost88

Neo Member
They shouldn't have cut some areas. Especially the clock tower. I can live without the grave digger. I'm just hoping they add some dlc after its release. Epilogues, UBCS side Story, Costumes and perhaps Mercenaries Mode? Polygon skins too. I just hope we get some content for the main campaign, because I'm afraid Resistance will get a bunch of maps and characters if it works.

What on earth with crows and spiders Capcom!? 😭

They shouldn't have cut some areas. Especially the clock tower. I can live without the grave digger. I'm just hoping they add some dlc after its release. Epilogues, UBCS side Story, Costumes and perhaps Mercenaries Mode? Polygon skins too. I just hope we get some content for the main campaign, because I'm afraid Resistance will get a bunch of maps and characters if it works.

What on earth with crows and spiders Capcom!? 😭
A Mercenaries Mode that plays like the original RE3 version would be excellent.

Soulsdark

I've watched a whole bunch of reviews now and it's definitely very mixed.
I honestly don't even know at this point if I want to pre-order it or wait for a lower price :/...

CheNan

Neo Member
Looks like the G19 handgun got 'silencer/suppressor'... where to get it? also does the 'dot sight' & 'silencer/suppressor' detachable? to combine it with G18 handgun later?
HH2Hbjd.jpg

Last edited:

Leon Grey

Neo Member
Looks like the G19 handgun got 'silencer/suppressor'... where to get it? also does the 'dot sight' & 'silencer/suppressor' detachable? to combine it with G18 handgun later?
HH2Hbjd.jpg
From the gameplay we have seen, there was no safe or something to get that. I am guessing the item box Nemesis drops if you take him down will have those. Because we havent seen anyone pick that item box

SuperGooey

HH2Hbjd.jpg
Doesn't Nemesis drop it when you down him? I keep hearing different things on that.

ESPOMAN

Not a fan how they removed the clock tower and the choices like in the original. I figured they had to have done something like that when they put the multiplayer game with it.

Top Bottom