• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake New Trailer & Screens

Alexios

Banned
I hope we can put Nemesis down every encounter as in the original, optional boss fights if you will. I never liked the idea of Mr.X style enemies in a game you otherwise can kill everything, how am I to know what's a boss and what's a waste of ammo with no real logic into it?

Last edited:

DelireMan7

REmake 2 and now 3 really makes me want to dive in the Resident Evil franchise. I only did the 1 on PS1 (on the late) and loved it, and Code Veronica which also let me good memories (but not as good as the first).

I somehow plan this year to buy the Origins collection (1 and 0) and if I like them do the REmake 2 as well.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Yes, both please. I read that they renewed the dino crisis trademark, so there is hope. Man, a new RE8 with zombies and umbrella and everything, that would be a dream come true. But for now, let's hype RE3!
With Capcom having been busy with RE2R, DMC5, MHW, RE3 (outsourced but not completely) and rumored unnanounced games, RE8 has probably been quite on hiatus, despite being talked about and going into pre-production early 2017.

Imagine it being focused for next-gen systems instead on an even more improved engine, would be sweet.

Last edited:

Alexios

Banned
REmake 2 and now 3 really makes me want to dive in the Resident Evil franchise. I only did the 1 on PS1 (on the late) and loved it, and Code Veronica which also let me good memories (but not as good as the first).

I somehow plan this year to buy the Origins collection (1 and 0) and if I like them do the REmake 2 as well.
You've already played 1, move on to 2, that's gonna be very different to the remake of 1 which is quite similar to the 1 you've already played and Code Veronica, that samey formula and the retread could wear thin for you and then you won't play 2 or 4 onward even though they're so different? Why?

Last edited:

DelireMan7

You've already played 1, move on to 2, that's gonna be very different to the remake of 1 which is quite similar to the 1 you've already played and Code Veronica, that samey formula and the retread could wear thin for you and then you won't play 2 or 4 onward even though they're so different? Why?

It's just that it's a pretty long time I played RE 1. When I said "on the late", it means I played it during the PS2 era so quite some years ago.
And I am really interested into the lore of the serie, so I'd like to somehow follow the story by doing them more or less in order (1, 0, 2, 3, ...) and have everything fresh in my mind.
To finish, I somehow like the old controls ("tank" control I think it's called). That's part of the reason why I want to play 1 and 0 ^^

The Shepard

It's just that it's a pretty long time I played RE 1. When I said "on the late", it means I played it during the PS2 era so quite some years ago.
And I am really interested into the lore of the serie, so I'd like to somehow follow the story by doing them more or less in order (1, 0, 2, 3, ...) and have everything fresh in my mind.
To finish, I somehow like the old controls ("tank" control I think it's called). That's part of the reason why I want to play 1 and 0 ^^

I'd definitely play resident evil remake first. I think it's still excellent and if you get the current gen remaster it controls alot better also but you can have the more "tank" controls instead, you got the choice to change them. I think its the best remake ever. 2 is excellent aswell.

Alexios

Banned
I'd definitely play resident evil remake first. I think it's still excellent and if you get the current gen remaster it controls alot better also but you can have the more "tank" controls instead, you got the choice to change them. I think its the best remake ever. 2 is excellent aswell.
Uh, no, the alternative control scheme isn't better, it's just broken. And yes it's a great game, I never said it isn't. The original still is a great game itself. I just said he's already played it and stressed that regardless of if he likes those games or not, 2 Remake and others are a very different beast.

They don't just change what the stick does to make it more "intuitive" (which is in the eye of the beholder, I think maintaining character direction in 3D space rather than have the direction change by the constantly switching fixed camera is more so) but also character agility to cheating levels.

Last edited:

Oddspeak

I was never super into RE before, I had only passing experience with them; only game I played from start to finish was 4, and just watched Let's Plays and stuff of the others. But RE2make was so god damn good, I'm all in. I want more. If R3make is even half as good, whether they go for RE8, CVX remake, or Re-REmake after this, I'll totally jump into them too.

I'm hyped for a Dino Crisis remake, as well. If it plays like RE2make, I'm all over it, too.

Last edited:

Moses85

Have beaten RE1 Remake last Sunday Night, (for the 10 Time) RE0 will be next.

With the RE2 Remake I noticed that Capcom is not able to generate a very Good OST. I was happy that I played it with the original OST. RE1 and 0 are amazing too! Let’s hope they will do it better with RE3 Remake...

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
IMG_20200114_112450.jpg

shocked_ghostbusters.gif

Arnas

Breakdown of the trailer

Capture5-e1579022919582.png

Capture6-e1579023035212.png

Same location, for some reason the Police Station seems to be closer in RE3Remake, though.
Unless it's a "cinematic" lens thing. Wide angle lenses make things appear farther away in the distance, whereas telephoto lenses compress things in the BG and make them look closer.

i think you could already see the RPD in the original reveal

art-img06-1.jpg

different perspective

art-img09.jpg

Last edited:

The Shepard

Uh, no, the alternative control scheme isn't better, it's just broken. And yes it's a great game, I never said it isn't. The original still is a great game itself. I just said he's already played it and stressed that regardless of if he likes those games or not, 2 Remake and others are a very different beast.

They don't just change what the stick does to make it more "intuitive" (which is in the eye of the beholder, I think maintaining character direction in 3D space rather than have the direction change by the constantly switching fixed camera is more so) but also character agility to cheating levels.

I like how it control's in the remaster and I was just telling the guy to play that first because its great and they'd be missing out. That's all.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I can't believe I have the urge to say this...about fucking video game...but Jill looks fucking hot. I'll see myself out.

Dacon

Banned
I hope this game is gory as fuck at least, I feel like modern RE shrinks back from having truly horrible character deaths.

I havent seen anything in the newer games that compares to some of the shit in the older games.

Nickolaidas

Banned
I hope this game is gory as fuck at least, I feel like modern RE shrinks back from having truly horrible character deaths.

I havent seen anything in the newer games that compares to some of the shit in the older games.
Yeah, I mean, RE2make has zombies getting blast by shotguns to the point their limbs fall off, show an officer gurgling to his death as his entrails are littered on the floor, show your character getting his neck ripped out by zombies, have mr X grab a guy's head squashed as he breaks a wall with it, and other little kiddie things.

Dacon

Banned
Yeah, I mean, RE2make has zombies getting blast by shotguns to the point their limbs fall off, show an officer gurgling to his death as his entrails are littered on the floor, show your character getting his neck ripped out by zombies, have mr X grab a guy's head squashed as he breaks a wall with it, and other little kiddie things.

Specifically talking about character deaths here, and I dunno what merited the snide attitude.

I'm sorry, but a zombie pulling beef jerky outta your character's neck doesn't compare to the brutal dismemberment and shit like Leon's fucking face being graphically melted off in RE of old. All of the really horrible shit seems to happen to everyone else.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
Specifically talking about character deaths here, and I dunno what merited the snide attitude.

I'm sorry, but a zombie pulling beef jerky outta your character's neck doesn't compare to the brutal dismemberment and shit like Leon's fucking face being graphically melted off in RE of old. All of the really horrible shit seems to happen to everyone else.
Ah, I thought you were complaining about gore in general.

Funny thing is, I rarely died on re2make, so I am not sure how gory the character deaths can be. I still believe it's one of the most graphically gory re games.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I LOVE Capcom right now. Last year RE2, this year RE3. What is next? RE8 or RE1 Re-Remake in Re2/3remake style? God I love these games and I can't get enough. Just keep em coming.
Right?! They were slipping for a bit there and it really bummed me out, but man, they've definitely been on the right track for a bit now. I REALLY wanna see RE1 remade like this, I mean, SO bad. All about this amazing RE train we've been on, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Moses85

Right?! They were slipping for a bit there and it really bummed me out, but man, they've definitely been on the right track for a bit now. I REALLY wanna see RE1 remade like this, I mean, SO bad. All about this amazing RE train we've been on, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

RE 1 Remake is perfect as it is. No need to tweak it.

I'm not complaining, but trailer could've been better? Good that we know more about the game locations though. I'm beginning to imagine the interior locations are going to be used a lot more this time round, so a longer RPD and the tram car has been converted into an underground station. Making convincing modern building outdoor scenes for gameplay purposes requires a lot of work to be fair.

SuperGooey

I'm excited for the game, but these trailers for it have been incredibly poorly edited. Like amateur editing. RE2make had better trailers, but I think the art direction is much, MUCH better in RE3make from what we've seen.

SuperGooey

I can't believe I have the urge to say this...about fucking video game...but Jill looks fucking hot. I'll see myself out.
Uh, I've been jacking off to video game characters since I was 12. You're good.

Exactly, and I agree. But that doesn't change the fact that I'd kill to see RE remade with the new RE engine. 🤷‍♂️
Instead of remaking REmake, which is the closest to perfection the series has achieved, make a new game that takes place in a Spencer Mansion. Lost in Nightmares (RE5), for example, showed that George Trevor was the architect for several mansions that were used to hide secret Umbrella labs.

Or remake Code Veronica, which would benefit more from a remake than REmake, and also has a Spencer Mansion replica to explore.

Or, even better, make RE8 take place in a mansion with a similar feel to the Spencer Mansion; though, that may feel redundant after RE7's Baker Estate.

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
Thoughts running through my head:

Love the look of Nemesis.

Love the new looks of the hunters.

Jill looks and sounds great.

The environments have personality.

The trailer was cut in a way that made me think of RE6...
Yeah, this trailer made me think of RE6 too (I love RE6, so that's fine by me)

Nemesis with the flamethrower reminds me of Ustanak more than Ustanak ever reminded me of Nemesis. LOL.

REmake Jill is still my favorite of course, but I gotta admit this new Jill looks fantastic (and it's a million times better than Revelations Jill, that's for sure)

Grinchy

Banned
RE2 was so damn fun that I have no real reason to doubt this one. Though, the areas do go downhill as the game progresses in RE2, which I hope doesn't happen again here.

SuperGooey

I don't get the mask. What's the point? We know what he looks like. It's no secret. So why wear a mask?
Considering how all the marketing shows Nemesis's face, I doubt it has anything to do with keeping his face a secret to the audience playing. There is probably an in-universe explanation.

KiNeMz

Banned
So at the end is it another nemesis? Is there going to be more thank 1?
Or just different outfit

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
So at the end is it another nemesis? Is there going to be more thank 1?
Or just different outfit

As far as i know Umbrella had a project named ( Nemesis - T ) and injected many of T-103 ( Tyrant ) with the parasite ( NE - a ) but only two of them showed a progress in self awareness .. one of them deployed in Raccoon City and his name ( the Pursuer ) which is the one involved in RE3
the other one I dont know if its still alive or they killed it in the lap

Belmonte

I don't get the mask. What's the point? We know what he looks like. It's no secret. So why wear a mask?

My guess: to accentuate how Nemesis clothes gets more and more destroyed with the game progress. The mask is not there to make him cooler or mysterious. It is there to make him look more tame.

Each encounter he will seem more brutal and dangerous, like his clothes -which are more like a "package" than proper clothes- can't control his rage.

The body development of Nemesis was one of the cool features in the original. Each time we "kill" him, he returns stronger.

Helscream

Banned
Forgive me if I sound like a whiny bitch, but Nemesis' face design sucks donkey balls. The dude has a bad case of Celebrity Plastic Surgery. I'd perfer something more menacing/intimidating if possible.

Everything else looks great though.

KiNeMz

Banned
Forgive me if I sound like a whiny bitch, but Nemesis' face design sucks donkey balls. The dude has a bad case of Celebrity Plastic Surgery. I'd perfer something more menacing/intimidating if possible.

I think its a beautiful representaiton of the amazing achievements of the Plastic Surgery industry in Hollywood. We must not discriminate and include all works of art.

Dacon

Banned

I agree, the nose, mouth, and piano key teeth look terrible. Dood looks like he's wearing a garbage bag with a garbage bag for a belt.

He looks noticeably less intimidating than his old design. I think Marvel Infinite had a better Nemesis design. Thank god for mods.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Have beaten RE1 Remake last Sunday Night, (for the 10 Time) RE0 will be next.

With the RE2 Remake I noticed that Capcom is not able to generate a very Good OST. I was happy that I played it with the original OST. RE1 and 0 are amazing too! Let’s hope they will do it better with RE3 Remake...

RE soundtracks have been underwhelming for a lot of time now. Veronica was the last one with a good ost and that was twenty fucking years ago.

I think the reason might have been that old bruhaha when the composer of the old games admitted he was deaf and the re ost's were made by an anonymous composer (the deaf composer's actual work is in re1's director's cut edition, which is why it sounds like absolute shit).

Or maybe it's something else. Who knows? It saddens me to see an IP which I have always loved its music ending up with completely forgettable soundtracks.

Top Bottom