• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake New Trailer & Screens

Nero_PR

Banned
aHlFrlz.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Disgusting WEEB. Get out of my lawn! /s

Nero_PR

Banned
The Capgods can do no wrong!
Only if they provide with Dragon's Dogma 2 news, confirming that it's in development and going well. I love Capcom a lot. When I mean a lot really, it is a lot. They returned to their glory days with all the changes undergone this generation, but I would never be a shill (not saying that you are). What I'm trying to say is that I would never call them gods (just for the lols), but this might trying to reply right after waking up. Sorry if I missed the point hahaha. I should shut up right here. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
It’s pre-ordered, I’m there day one...

...but I still can’t help shake this feeling this will be nowhere near as good as RE2, and will be really cheap compared to it. I can’t even put my finger on WHY? Maybe it’s how quick the turn around was it’s messing with my head?

Aggelos

Screens look pretty stellar.
Game is probably very close to becoming gold, so it's rational that we're getting an update with gameplay and stuff by the end of February.

MarkyG

...but I still can’t help shake this feeling this will be nowhere near as good as RE2, and will be really cheap compared to it. I can’t even put my finger on WHY? Maybe it’s how quick the turn around was it’s messing with my head?

I don't think it'll be as good as RE2 as it seems to be faster paced (Jill's dodge mechanic for one). Whereas RE2 was very tight in it's level design. RE3 looks to have wider open spaces. I'll wager it'll be morelike RE4 (minus quicktime bollocks, hopefully) with more enemies on screen and faster combat. I'm ok with this so long as it's not RE6 style of bombast and over the top shizz.

I think the fast development turnaround can be attributed to the whole of the RDP already being made. That'll save a ton of time.

Either way, I'll be picking this up. Can't wait.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Hopefully this will shut up those who were complaining about the twitter train picture.

Holy shit, Hunters, Drain Deimos, Spiders, and MAYBE crows?

Oh man … oh God, oh man … oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh GOD!!

Nickolaidas

Banned
ZoqIBRS.jpg

Nemesis: This is … this is something that is burdening my heart ...

Jill: Huh?

Nemesis: All these years that we've been friends … STARS and Umbrella … never once did you invite me into your home … for coffee and cake … or gonul … something, you know?

Jill: … a guh what?

Nemesis: A gonul … it's a dessert that is stuffy, and it has sprinkles on it - mmmmm!

Jill: N-Nemesis, excuse me …

Nemesis: ...

Jill: I don't understand a word you're saying.

Nemesis: Well, I just returned from the dentist … and … he left in the cotton … (takes it out of his mouth in disdain)

SuperGooey

Hopefully this will shut up those who were complaining about the twitter train picture.

Holy shit, Hunters, Drain Deimos, Spiders, and MAYBE crows?

Oh man … oh God, oh man … oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh GOD!!
Where are spiders confirmed? As much as I want them in, I doubt they will be.

I have high hopes that it'll be just as fun to play as the Resident Evil 2 Remake. I just only hope that this game will be even bigger with even more outstanding graphics & hopefully adding more enemies on top.

Nickolaidas

Banned
That's a brainsucker/drain demois. Not a spider.
Check my edit.

The remakes no longer go for the 'animals look like giant versions of their normal selves' thing the old REs had for insects and reptiles. All Bioweapons look like something out of a nightmare - for example, the croc in RE2make looks like a mutated croc monster, rather than a simply really big gator in the old RE2.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Check my edit.
I did. It does kinda look like a spider this time, but I'm chalking that up to it being a redesign. Spiders have 8 legs, this has 6 like the brainsucker, and is even the same gross green color. On top of that, this seems to be the powerplant construction site where you first come across drain demois in the original.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
So, let's recap and compare bestiaries:

RE2make: Zombies, Zombie Dogs, Lickers, Plant Zombies, Birkin Spawns == Mr.X, William Birkin
RE3make: Zombies, Zombie Dogs, Hunters, Spiders (?), Drein Deimoses, (MAYBE Crows) == Nemesis, Grave Digger

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
So, let's recap and compare bestiaries:

RE2make: Zombies, Zombie Dogs, Lickers, Plant Zombies, Birkin Spawns == Mr.X, William Birkin
RE3make: Zombies, Zombie Dogs, Hunters, Spiders (?), Drein Deimoses, (MAYBE Crows) == Nemesis, Grave Digger

More like RE3make: Zombies, Zombie Dogs, Hunter Betas, Hunter Gammas, Brain Suckers, Drain Deimoses, Nemesis, Grave Digger based on screenshots.

Aggelos

zPN4Dp1.jpg

That's definitely NOT a drain deimos. The deimos are more slender.

8k9xwaL.jpg

They seem more like a Brain Sucker and a Drain Deimos (From Top to Bottom).
Doesn't look like a spider to me.

latest

SuperGooey

Guys, guys.

It's ONE insect enemy. Not two. The screenshot of it charging is the same creature, just upside down.

The other enemy, the one people think is a hunter gamma in one shot, and a gravedigger in the other is, again, the same enemy, just with its mouth open.

In these new leaked screenshots there is a total of 2 new enemies. Not 4. Not 3. Just 2. Get your expectations in check and inspect the screenshots more closely.

SuperGooey

I'm almost sure this is supposed to be the Gravedigger. The body features of the Hunter Gamma are generally more proportional, while the original Gravedigger also had such small feet:

latest
Yup. I believe you are correct. The Grave Digger's original design is clearly inspired by the monsters in Tremors. While the grave digger in this remake is based on the Shrieker from Tremors 2:
shriekerawr.png

Also, here is a side view of this monster revealed in the conspiracy board screenshot released last month:
biohazard-re3-remake-0726233.jpg

(Credit goes to duskgolem)

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Guys, guys.

It's ONE insect enemy. Not two. The screenshot of it charging is the same creature, just upside down.

The other enemy, the one people think is a hunter gamma in one shot, and a gravedigger in the other is, again, the same enemy, just with its mouth open.

In these new leaked screenshots there is a total of 2 new enemies. Not 4. Not 3. Just 2. Get your expectations in check and inspect the screenshots more closely.

No problem. We gonna live.

So those are probably Hunter Gamma and Brain Sucker mixed with Drain Deimos on the last batch of screenshots.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Guys, guys.

I believe you're right in the '2 not 4' comment. Just not sure if that's indeed the gravedigger. It seems to be a creature on two legs and no arms, which is quite different from both the Hunter Gamma (who is a humanoid creature) AND the gravedigger (who was basically a worm/snail/caterpillar thing).

SuperGooey

I believe you're right in the '2 not 4' comment. Just not sure if that's indeed the gravedigger. It seems to be a creature on two legs and no arms, which is quite different from both the Hunter Gamma (who is a humanoid creature) AND the gravedigger (who was basically a worm/snail/caterpillar thing).
Regardless of whether it is a gravedigger or a hunter gamma, I love the design! That smile very shark-like and terrifying. If it is the gravedigger, I hope it grows and continues to mutate over the course of the game until you battle it for real in the graveyard!

We still haven't seen the clock tower. In the original RE3, the spiders make their first appearance there, so it's not completely out of the question yet. I really hope they are there, and fill the cocooned corpses of humans with spider eggs that burst out! Imagine walking down a dark, web-infested hallway of the gothic clocktower when you come across this.

As you mentioned, the crows may be in the game since someone who works at Capcom hinted towards it on Twitter a while back. I know they aren't a big deal to most people, but I think they are imperative to giving off that classical gothic vibe the old RE games excelled at. If nothing else, I'd love to come up to the Clock Tower entrance, and have a massive flock of crows fly off to set the mood right.

Oh, and the Dead Factory--the final location in the original RE3-- introduced the Brainsucker (you only fought Drain Deimos up until this point). You can't have a RE game, and not introduce a new enemy type in the last area of the game, so I'd expect something there. If it is a Brainsucker, I hope they do more to distinguish it from the DD.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No UK steelbook yet?
I haven't put my pre-order in because I'm waiting on it but it's looking less likely the closer to release they get.

Top Bottom