• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake New Trailer & Screens

Those new IGN screenshots. 10/10 Following REmake 2 (or RE7 Gold) is a tall order but Capgod 2.0 is really going all out.
REmake CVX with the original Nazi plot next:
DjckF3DX0AAEDEf.jpg

The twins were originally Hilda and Hilbert Kreuger. Their granddad fled Germany in 1945 (with the sub on the island) and helped to build Umbrella. That´s why they are all about eugenics.

The new subway in REmake 3 is from Outbreak btw. Those are canon.

Last edited:
Can you imagine how good the new nuke scene will look? The CG one in Outbreak (not a nuke though) was so good. There is only 1 ending now too. So Nicolai´s canon status can be solved.

And bring spiders back. REmake 2 only had their webs.

Nickolaidas

Banned
I guess replacing the rocket launcher with a flame thrower makes more sense considering it will look weird nowadays when the environment is not destructible.
It is evident from the pics that Nemesis gets the launcher later on - as a 'let's dial this up a notch' kinda thing.

And I'm pretty sure in the beginning he doesn't even have the flamethrower. He starts with his fists/tentacles, then goes flamethrower, then goes bazooka, then goes apeshit.

Last edited:

magnumpy

Did we watch the same trailer?

ok I *think* I heard him say it once at about the 19 second mark but it's unintelligible and I can't be sure. In the original he would constantly clearly and repeatedly say STARRSS but like I said I can't be sure in this version. maybe there will be a caption subtitle option in the game so you can tell what the hell he's saying ._.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Btw, Dusk Golem from ResetEra confirmed that Drain Deimos and the clock tower will be in the game, as well as a second type of dog zombie.

My fingers are still crossed for giant spiders and crows. Crows don't even have to be an enemy, just being part of the environment and hearing them would add so much to the atmosphere that I associate with the classic RE trilogy.

MiguelItUp

I love the idea of him popping up with varying weapons, that makes it even more terrifying cause you don't know what to expect, lmao.

Also, him wearing a mask at the start.

This engine is STILL stupid pretty, ugh. I can't get over how amazing it looks.

Arachnid

Whoever pointed out in the other thread that Nemesis starts off with a mask was right.

Based on the other screenshots, it seems the more you fight Nemesis, the more pieces of clothing come off. Kinky!

I'm going to strip him down to his underwear first encounter.

EDIT: Actually, that mask is kind of cool...

Carlos hair is ridiculous
It's a massive improvement over his old hairstyle IMO. That cut he had in OGRE3 always looked stupid.

Btw, Dusk Golem from ResetEra confirmed that Drain Deimos and the clock tower will be in the game, as well as a second type of dog zombie.

My fingers are still crossed for giant spiders and crows. Crows don't even have to be an enemy, just being part of the environment and hearing them would add so much to the atmosphere that I associate with the classic RE trilogy.
I really want spiders to be included after I got robbed of them in RE2make.

Last edited:

makaveli60

New stars scream is shit.

Also why the fuck carlos looks like yakuza 7 protagonist?

And yeah jill continue to look like shit in the face.
What's the problem with Jill's face? I saw that quite many people said the same. IMO she looks fine, reminds me of a girl who I was quite close to.

The first Resident Evil game I personally played from start to finish on my own time, was Resident Evil 7 in VR. That shit made me a fan for life instantly. Got Resident Evil 2, played the shit out of that, loved it, will be buying this day one.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Looks great and will be more intense and fun than RE2. Why does Capcom like to throw in their female protagonists into the more dangerous scenarios though? 🤔

dan76

Weird, not feeling it. Shades of Ustanak, I hope it's better than that. Fighting the same boss over and over can become boring fast. It worked great in the original, not sure how it will be with the changes.

Fushitsusha

Banned
....I.... Don't think gender has anything to do with it?
Claire had the crazier end boss encounter and weapon arsenal. Leon never hade a heavy machine gun and the end boss Tyrant was a joke in its simplicity. Gattling gunning G while it is climbing and jumping all over the place was more fun than waiting for a rocket launcher to drop while Tyrant does the same lame shit on a small square platform. Such things.

Chad Jill & Nemesis > Claire > Virgin Leon & Mr X.

7hdgajryzsa41.png

Last edited:

Arachnid

Claire had the crazier end boss encounter and weapon arsenal. Leon never hade a heavy machine gun and the end boss Tyrant was a joke in its simplicity. Gattling gunning G while it is climbing and jumping all over the place was more fun than waiting for a rocket launcher to drop while Tyrant does the same lame shit on a small square platform. Such things.

Chad Claire > Virgin Leon

7hdgajryzsa41.png
The GOAT Leon>>>>>>>>>Second place Claire

Also:
ju6ad6hpdg931.jpg

I wonder if Capcom looked at Doomsday´s first design:
8a26b8acb6f2a9e9089e4abdf82d6c2e.jpg

Some leak got the new Nemesis headcover right. Which leak was that? It might be true now.

Aggelos

Breakdown of the trailer

Capture5-e1579022919582.png

Capture6-e1579023035212.png

Same location, for some reason the Police Station seems to be closer in RE3Remake, though.
Unless it's a "cinematic" lens thing. Wide angle lenses make things appear farther away in the distance, whereas telephoto lenses compress things in the BG and make them look closer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom