• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake New Trailer & Screens

SuperGooey

Wrong. That one one-way door whose lock breaks outside of the save room is infuriating. Horrible design.
You think that's horrible design?

I think it's quite genius. It really makes you think about your route early on, and it's fixed before hunters take over the mansion.

It's bad design to not let you know the usage is limited. The game is full of context messages so something like "The knob feels like it's ready to break at any time" would be good.
It does. It literally says exactly that.

Last edited:
Nemesis is a hairy boi now:
jeUJmif.jpg

I love what they did with him. My response to the hater:
y1r1p9now3g41.jpg

His last form will need a rethinking though. Not that anyone could decipher what the overstretched PSX was going for in the last confrontation. Even the frame-rate tanked.

Justin9mm

What you think guys, I have an X and Pro., I got Resident Evil 2 remake on Pro because i got it on sale. Should I stick with Pro or play on X?Decisions decisions. Going to go PS5 only next gen so maybe just pick it up on that

Okay, it's officially that time where I stop being such a pussy and play a Resident Evil title to completion. I've been scard to do so since the original ps1 titles, always stopping early, always getting creeped out, but I think I'm just missing out on some amazing games by not playing these remakes. I have to do it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Okay, it's officially that time where I stop being such a pussy and play a Resident Evil title to completion. I've been scard to do so since the original ps1 titles, always stopping early, always getting creeped out, but I think I'm just missing out on some amazing games by not playing these remakes. I have to do it.
That’s great. Start with REmake for old school and RE4 for OTS. RE7 is great as well but it’s definitely an outlier and doesn’t have any other game like it.

You can also jump straight to RE2 if you want to have a feel of what’s to come in RE3.

Best of luck.

Christopher

Resident Evil 1 remake needed more dialogue and story...the atmosphere is perfect it just feels so dull and lifeless now compared to the RE2 remake and RE4...I dunno I like the mythos of the RE Universe and REmake always left me just a bit empty for the dialog.

Did Brad get chunky?

REmake 2 looked great on my Pro Justin9mm Justin9mm . Only the reflections were a bit weird but all versions had that problem. Just watch the REmake 2 Digital Foundy video on the topic as I don´t see things changing here. It´s the MP that should be better considered if you want to play it. It could be fun.

Mr. X is in maybe 20 minutes of the game if you count both runs as one and he is a total pushover if you decide to waste bullets on him. Especially if you run into the other wing and have him stuck there if you quickly change elevation. The only chokepoint is the library but it won´t be if you kill the zombies there and move the leaders early.

I actually got all the weapons from killing Nemi when I replayed the OG game on hard last year. Only 2 of the optional fights take skill, with the very first being the 2nd hardest.
The PSX games look great on the PSP/Vita btw and someone will surely dump them on the Switch soon. Don´t skip them and dat 1996 Japanese theme, LORD HAVE MERCY:

PS: Did you know that the remake lickers have a visible anus :messenger_smiling_hearts: ? Those are mutated zombies. Hunter anus when?

OrionNebula

I suggest you start with something really soft like Silent Hill 1, 2 or 3 and then move on to extreme real horror like Resident Evil
That’ll ease you in, trust me

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I suggest you start with something really soft like Silent Hill 1, 2 or 3 and then move on to extreme real horror like Resident Evil
That’ll ease you in, trust me
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperGooey

Resident Evil 1 remake needed more dialogue and story...the atmosphere is perfect it just feels so dull and lifeless now compared to the RE2 remake and RE4...I dunno I like the mythos of the RE Universe and REmake always left me just a bit empty for the dialog.
Weird. I thought RE2make was a bit lacking in atmosphere, feeling almost sterile, and it's narrative felt completely empty, especially compared to the original RE2.

REmake 1 and RE4 still have very strong atmosphere, and REmake in particular does a lot more with less. Instead of spreading very little content throughout 4 campaigns (ala, RE2make), you have two campaigns that offer more choices that can lead to the better ending. Nothing feels like it's being spread too thin, and given how much Lisa Trevor added to the backstory and lore, I'm baffled that someone would find REmake dull and lifeless when compared to RE2make.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Weird. I thought RE2make was a bit lacking in atmosphere, feeling almost sterile, and it's narrative felt completely empty, especially compared to the original RE2.

REmake 1 and RE4 still have very strong atmosphere, and REmake in particular does a lot more with less. Instead of spreading very little content throughout 4 campaigns (ala, RE2make), you have two campaigns that offer more choices that can lead to the better ending. Nothing feels like it's being spread too thin, and given how much Lisa Trevor added to the backstory and lore, I'm baffled that someone would find REmake dull and lifeless when compared to RE2make.
I enjoyed RE2Remake but I would say original REmake is by far better experience for me.

Reactions: RSB

SuperGooey

New REsistance Masterminds: Alex Wesker and Ozwell E. Spencer--looking great in the RE Engine!

Also, two new stage reveals.

I went from having no interest in REsistance to thinking I may renew my PS+ to give it a shot. I mean, imagine the mastermind Spencer in a Spencer Mansion stage? I'm soaked thinking about it.

Aion002

Dude needs to get himself some Pantene ASAP. That's a serious case of bedhead.
He is brazillian.... he is lazy..... See Jill? She even put make up while the Z apocalypse knocks on her door.... Now us, brazillians, can't even use a fucking comb before a mission.

I am joking.... I am brazillian.... if someone didn't noticed...:messenger_squinting_tongue:

Anyway day one!

Last edited:

SuperGooey

It's Valentine's Day. I was hoping we'd get something RE3 related.

Hmm. I think the marketing of this game has been pretty poor so far. I felt the two trailers were very poorly edited (making the game look sloppy), and while I'm still excited for the game, the lack of gameplay shown is... dubious. A lot of people have confidence in this game after RE2make, but that game felt rushed to me, and given how quickly R3make is coming out, I definitely want to see same gameplay to assure me that this is a polished product.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm sure I'll feel more confident after seeing gameplay, but how long is Capcom gonna wait to show us? The game is less than 2 months away.

SuperGooey

I mean I think it can be an immensely immersive scary location and also more realistic
Being realistic isn't a selling point for me, but yeah, it's certainly a subway. It looks fine, but doesn't make for an interesting screenshot.

I didn't have much of a point with my post other than to laugh the screenshot chosen to break the RE3make silence after a month. Not a big deal, just weird and silly to me.

LUXURY

...Why does it look like someone is trying to play the game on a PC that shouldn't be running anything but browser games?

Also, I'm beginning to lose hope I'll get the Gamestop edition of the game. I really only want it because I have it for Resident Evil 2. I check the site daily, called around to my local stores but no stock.

WolfusFh

I was honestly hoping for a "true A/B" DLC for RE2, considering that it's the only thing the game lacked.

That said, I am hyped for 3. No mercenaries mode was sad though. But the game looks great.

MiguelItUp

Surprised they didn't catch the typo in "successfully", lol.

Really looking forward to this, can't wait to get my hands on it! SOON... Well, ish.

Caffeine

lol I still cant get used to his nose in artworks, it looks pretty good in 3d though. Currently replaying remake 2 while I wait :>

E.T. Waifu

Looks fucking crazy good.
Does it though? These last two screenshots look pretty bad. This one has real bad shading and the missing facial expressions on the survivors is hmmmm. Not sure what's happening here cause I know the game looks great from the trailers.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Maybe they think people only use twitter on their phones, and not on 4k tvs, so they're like, 'eh downgrade it. No one will notice.'

Doesn't bother me. We've seen enough screenshots to know it'll look even more gorgeous than re2make.

Nella

It's a shame this one won't have mercenaries, looks great otherwise.

Edit: RE2 and DMC5 already came out a year ago and people still doubt how good games look on this engine?

Last edited:
Top Bottom