• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake New Trailer & Screens

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Oh shit I almost forgot I had a steel book version of RE2

oh but you DO get an exclusive edition! With STICKERS! Just what every mature gamer wants...

damn it, no uk place stocks a steel boom like before? Meh...

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Tom me, it looks like Pacman injected with the T-Virus.

But yeah, I'm a sucker for monsters who have the 'Venom smile'.

It is just similar to a froglet or toadlet with still noticeable front limbs and a tongue taken from a The Thing 1982 monster.

tumblr_psldclp87H1u0gizpo2_500.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Aggelos

I'm almost sure this is supposed to be the Gravedigger. The body features of the Hunter Gamma are generally more proportional, while the original Gravedigger also had such small feet:

latest

My first thought was "The Grave Digger" as well, as you've pointed out, but people starting saying "Hunter γ"

But if you compare and contrast its body (which could be barely seen back in the shadows) it looks like the Grave Digger (Hunters γ don't open their mouth like that).
The gooey pale-grey skin texture, featuring bulges and stuff, seems to be the same.

SLJ6onY.jpg

7z86n9d.jpg

Last edited:

SuperGooey

The lighting looks great! Love all the neon lights in Raccoon City this time.

Tomorrow! Tomorrow we finally get to see gameplay in the city! Can't wait.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Gaming sites got the play the game, and the media coverage embargo ends tomorrow. Expect hands on impressions, gameplay footage, and a new trailer tomorrow. The screenshots that leaked the other day were part of the embargo.
Somewhat succeeded in not seeing gameplay vids for RE2make. This time I'm dead serious - not seeing anything. Pre-ordered and will wait one day after it releases till my nephew comes to my place with his childhood friend and we can all have a 3-hour scare-a-thon! Premiere horror, dolby 5.1, no lights … awesome mood for an awesome game!

SuperGooey

Somewhat succeeded in not seeing gameplay vids for RE2make. This time I'm dead serious - not seeing anything. Pre-ordered and will wait one day after it releases till my nephew comes to my place with his childhood friend and we can all have a 3-hour scare-a-thon! Premiere horror, dolby 5.1, no lights … awesome mood for an awesome game!
I wish I had your strength. I guess I'll see you on the other side then. :/

SuperGooey

The white pac-man thing is indeed a Hunter Gamma, and two insect-like creatures are indeed the same, a Drain Deimos.

Not a fan of the drain deimos based on the footage, but I think the Hunter Gamma may have gotten the best redesign of any enemy. I love it, and it even gets to keep its awesome killing animation where he swallows Jill whole!

Nickolaidas

Banned
Not a fan of the drain deimos based on the footage, but I think the Hunter Gamma may have gotten the best redesign of any enemy. I love it, and it even gets to keep its awesome killing animation where he swallows Jill whole!
Dammit, man! I kept myself spoiler free by not watching the gameplay vids and you spoil the death animation for me!?!? >_<

….

….

… So what disappointed you in the deimos enemies?

SuperGooey

Dammit, man! I kept myself spoiler free by not watching the gameplay vids and you spoil the death animation for me!?!? >_<

….

….

… So what disappointed you in the deimos enemies?
It's only a spoiler if you die. Surely a RE master like yourself wouldn't come across that. ;)

The drain deimos in the remake are way smaller, one-hit kill enemies. They seem more like annoyances, and that's fine for enemy variety, but in the old game it's the crows or the small worms that fill that role, and the DD were more serious licker/hunter tier monsters. Hopefully, if the Brainsuckers are in the game, they will be bigger more intimidating to differentiate them from the DDs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom