• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I really wish you could use the alternate costumes in single player. I imagine it'd be a somewhat easy thing to have implemented.
As far as I know, this is the only RE in the main series not to let you do that. It's just weird.

Elginer

For the lack of a better word, sorry for the lack of update.

The game is finished and will be out on both PS4 and XB1 on March 29th as scheduled.

The reason you may not hear much in terms of messaging and marketing activities specific to this game is because, well, it's a re-release of a fairly recent game from the previous generation, and it's also part of the 20th Anniverrsary celebration. We have more RE games coming out this year And RE6 is just a part of that marketing campaign.

If you've played or seen the PC version, you'll know what to expect in terms of visual fidelity and performance.

While I haven't done any scientific comparison, it seems to be on par with PC version running at 1080p/60 on both consoles. It runs great on both consoles. You can say I'm drinking my own cool aid, but I've been having way too much fun (and getting my butt handed to me since I'm playing in 'No Hope' difficulty...) over the weekend.

As previously announced, the game comes with all previously released DLCs including character costumes, multiplayer modes, and extra maps. There is nothing else to purchase. It's all baked into the base game.

Bueno! RE6 as 1080/60 should be lovely. Good enough for me!

RavenH2

The game is finished and will be out on both PS4 and XB1 on March 29th as scheduled.

The reason you may not hear much in terms of messaging and marketing activities specific to this game is because, well, it's a re-release of a fairly recent game from the previous generation, and it's also part of the 20th Anniverrsary celebration. We have more RE games coming out this year And RE6 is just a part of that marketing campaign.

If you've played or seen the PC version, you'll know what to expect in terms of visual fidelity and performance.

While I haven't done any scientific comparison, it seems to be on par with PC version running at 1080p/60 on both consoles. It runs great on both consoles. You can say I'm drinking my own cool aid, but I've been having way too much fun (and getting my butt handed to me since I'm playing in 'No Hope' difficulty...) over the weekend.

As previously announced, the game comes with all previously released DLCs including character costumes, multiplayer modes, and extra maps. There is nothing else to purchase. It's all baked into the base game.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry if it's been asked, but:
Any plans to discount it for people who already own it on previous consoles/PC?
Any plans to bring the originals to Xbox One BC?

Will probably double dip, but it's always nice to play with friends who didn't upgrade to new consoles.

IvanJ

Banned
Can't wait for next Tuesday!
My wife and I are ready to tackle the game in co-op, we had lots of fun the first time, but that seems so long ago.

I appreciate Capcom and RE for supporting us couch co-op enthusiasts. Revelations 2 was a blast just recently.

Ydelnae

I really hope Capcom bundles the 3 games into one package in Europe like they did with REmake and 0. I will be waiting until then.

Gaz_RB

Oh my god I just remembered RE6 was coming out again at the end of this month. 1080p/60FPS Mercenaries is going to be godlike.

Race you guys to the top of the leaderboards.

edit: also great to hear that it contains all DLC content.

Neiteio

Bacon, tell me everything you know about RE7

PLEASE

Dragun619

One question, will the physical copy drop anywhere at retail like Bestbuy or Target? Or is it only available on Amazon?

But yea, Thats fucking awesome. For $20 and a physical copy releasing, shit, I'm really stoked to play this. Never got a chance to play RE6 back then, and I've been stuck with playing raid mode recently in Revelations 2 on PS4. Got myself ready for this, man.

spookyfish

Cool. While not my favorite RE game, I'm looking forward to playing it again.

:D

Thanks for the update man!

liquidtmd

Banned

Very nice to hear, thanks man.

One thing

images

Plz respond :)

Does that mean console re-release is getting No Mercy? To me it reads like it will but idk? Ive been traveling for 11 hours now so idk?

wbacon

Capcom USA
But does it come with no mercy mode is the question...

Yes, the game includes The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode.

Sorry if it's been asked, but:
Any plans to discount it for people who already own it on previous consoles/PC?
Any plans to bring the originals to Xbox One BC?

Sorry, this will be a standalone release. IIRC, both PSN/XB1 doesn't have a cross-generation upgrade program or a back end system in place to support such feature. (e.g., own title X and get Y discount on title X 1.1.)

With this being an HD re-release, we kept the price in check for value-conscious first time players and double/triple/quadruple-dippers without breaking the bank.

Can't wait for next Tuesday!
My wife and I are ready to tackle the game in co-op, we had lots of fun the first time, but that seems so long ago.

I appreciate Capcom and RE for supporting us couch co-op enthusiasts. Revelations 2 was a blast just recently.

Definitely envy your position! RE5 and RE6 are a blast to play in coop mode.

One question, will the physical copy drop anywhere at retail like BestBuy or Target? Or is it only available on Amazon?

I'm inclined to say the disc version should be available at most major retailers, but I'm a digital guy so I really can't speak to the general availability. The game is currently listed on Amazon.com and GameStop.

Lastly, I'm also excited to play multiplayer this time around since every user will have the same MP and map content. No more splintered user base between have's and have not's.

Yes, the game includes The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode.

Sorry, this will be a standalone release. IIRC, both PSN/XB1 doesn't have a cross-generation upgrade program or a back end system in place to support such feature. (e.g., own title X and get Y discount on title X 1.1.)

With this being an HD re-release, we kept the price in check for value-conscious first time players and double/triple/quadruple-dippers without breaking the bank.

Definitely envy your position! RE5 and RE6 are a blast to play in coop mode.

I'm inclined to say the disc version should be available at most major retailers, but I'm a digital guy so I really can't speak to the general availability. The game is currently listed on Amazon.com and GameStop.

Lastly, I'm also excited to play multiplayer this time around since every user will have the same MP and map content. No more splintered user base between have's and have not's.

Any added or new content, ie Jill for extra modes? Or anything else?

wbacon

Capcom USA
Any added or new content, ie Jill for extra modes? Or anything else?

Same content, but everything previously released, including unlockable costumes from residentevil.net, is baked into the base game.

There is one 'new' mode added, but it's not some revelatory OMG feature. It's a tiny but useful mode that will enhance and streamline online multiplayer mode selection. Our Unity folks will probably delve into it a little deeper closer to release. Or press preview/review may touch upon it.

Otherwise, creature comfort features such as optimized button/key mappings, option to turn on auto-action for certain QTEs, time limit extension for certain action scenes, and better vehicle control rounds out the package. The game also includes FOV adjustment in the options. I believe it's set wider by default.

RavenH2

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Mr_Zombie

Same content, but everything previously released, including unlockable costumes from residentevil.net, is baked into the base game.

Any graphical upgrades, besides 1080p@60fps? RE6 suffered from some (many) very low-res environmental textures and it would be great to see that fixed.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Wbacon, why aren't the games getting a physical release in the UK/EU?

While I can only speak on my sales territory (NA/LATAM), it's primarily a cost issue. As you may be aware, retail business in UK in particular is hyper competitive. The "race to the bottom" climate of the local market isn't a good fit for a $19.99/€19.99 product where the margin is already razor thin due to high materials and transportation costs. At the same time, we are not going to artificially inflate the price just to cover costs at the expense of pissing off our European customers. There's just no winning with disc products for a value program title like this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Thanks for the information and honestly... refreshingly direct answers.

While I can only speak on my sales territory (NA/LATAM), it's primarily a cost issue. As you may be aware, retail business in UK in particular is hyper competitive. The "race to the bottom" climate of the local market isn't a good fit for a $19.99/€19.99 product where the margin is already razor thin due to high materials and transportation costs. At the same time, we are not going to artificially inflate the price just to cover costs at the expense of pissing off our European customers. There's just no winning with disc products for a value program title like this.

Interesting, I wonder if that means an eventual 4/5/6 bundle release for £40 might be viable.

Probably stupid question, but is RE6 co-op like RE5?

Loved RE5 co-op but have been completely out of the loop with RE6, and a simple Google search is returning not so simple answers.

ZeroCDR

Loved RE5 co-op but have been completely out of the loop with RE6, and a simple Google search is returning not so simple answers.

RE6 is indeed co-op, and in single player your AI partner isn't a burden like Sheva was, which is nice.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Rocket League used valve stuff on consoles, just saying.

I know, I know. ;-)
It's a bit more complicated for this game due to a) this being a value-focused title, and b) there's actually tons of things to sort out on the licensing front, particularly as it relates to SAG and use of voice actors on a 'new' platform. Valve I'm sure will be happy to lend any of their own assets, but there's just more hoops to jump through (and likely associated costs) on VA that makes it a bit more challenging.

Bacon with those clutch confirms <3

It still confuses why features like 60FPS and No Mercy aren't included in the game's press release or feature list on retailer websites. Just a simple "For the first time on console, experience the horror of Resident Evil 6 in stunning 1080p and 60 frames per second"/"Making its console debut, players can face new fears by taking on enemy hordes of unimaginable size in The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode" would clear things up and build a bit more hype for the game.

Still, No Mercy is fucking awesome. Did not expect that at all.

While I haven't done any scientific comparison, it seems to be on par with PC version running at 1080p/60 on both consoles.

These are all nice things to hear. 1080p/60fps is the best news. I'm curious about the 'more RE games' part coming out as well. In my dreams there will be an announcement for an RE Outbreak re-release.

It's co-op as in you both go through story together like RE5, but you cannot share ammo, healing items, or swap guns like RE5.

edit: For anyone who want physical in uk, can import US copy via play-asia for £17.50 total using cheapo mail option.

Sectus

It's co-op as in you both go through story together like RE5, but you cannot share ammo, healing items, or swap guns like RE5.

edit: For anyone who want physical in uk, can import US copy via play-asia for £17.50 total using cheapo mail option.

If I recall, the item system is actually different if you play online coop or splitscreen. You can trade items if you play splitscreen coop, but not if you play online coop.

There is one 'new' mode added, but it's not some revelatory OMG feature. It's a tiny but useful mode that will enhance and streamline online multiplayer mode selection. Our Unity folks will probably delve into it a little deeper closer to release. Or press preview/review may touch upon it.

Otherwise, creature comfort features such as optimized button/key mappings, option to turn on auto-action for certain QTEs, time limit extension for certain action scenes, and better vehicle control rounds out the package. The game also includes FOV adjustment in the options. I believe it's set wider by default.
Kinda wish the weapon switching to avoid certain weapon animations was gone. When you shoot with Piers' rifle he has a reload animation but you can easily just switch to another weapon or grenade and switch back to the rifle and continue shooting. Like how people can just spam Piers' or Jake and Carla's rifle shots until you're dead and there's nothing you can do about it. It really ruined the multiplayer mode or how you could jump up and down from a ledge and not take damage...

Top Bottom