• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Why is the editing always so horrible for Japanese games? Where is the subtlety? It's always so in your face; similar to 90's and early 2000s Hollywood trailers.

I wonder what cover they will use for RE4. I adored the European cover art back on the GameCube

Edit: just to clarify physical only hasn't been confirmed as North America only. But the American blog is the only one that mentioned physical copies for each game.

Jawmuncher

I wonder what cover they will use for RE4. I adored the European cover art back on the GameCube

Edit: just to clarify physical only hasn't been confirmed as North America only. But the American blog is the only one that mentioned physical copies for each game.

Correct. I fully suspect EU to do physical, but I'm betting that they'll have a collection release rather than singles to save on printing.

thuway

Some people would actually care but I'm sure they will put zero effort in and this will be a carbon copy of the PC ports. Hoorah?

I never really cared for it in the end like some did. I was one of those who felt the pointer controls broke the game.

They certainly made the game easier.

Nice thing is the game also has classic controller support. The Wii Edition is still my favorite version of the game.

I will, of course, be buying a physical copy of RE4 on PS4 on day one, alongside 5 and 6.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Capcom is doing a great job of releasing catalogue games this generation to buy time between releases of new games.

It apparently has a new control system so that's something.

What does?

6oR5QH4.jpg

it's a new action button command

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That would be waaaay better than the vehicle sections.

Seriously though, what are you guys referring to? If they tweaked the controls in 6 then maybe they might add RE5's B configuration to RE4... that would be awesome.

rikesan

Neo Member
We're so close to Resident Evil 6 re-release on PS4 and still no word on graphical improvements for the game? It makes me wonder if they're only porting the game and not touching it at all graphics-wise. Same for the other two games coming up

This is one of the best trilogies/3-peats/sequence of games in the same vein in history. It's a shame they're so misrepresented by hardcore fans.

Neff

This is one of the best trilogies/3-peats/sequence of games in the same vein in history. It's a shame they're so misrepresented by hardcore fans.

Totally agree, apart from the hardcore 'fan' bit.

Most of modern RE's detractors are incredibly finicky and selective even when it comes to classic RE, which is the kind of view I wouldn't really attribute to the typical RE fan. Fortunately there are plenty of RE fans happy to keep the series healthy, regardless of (and often due to) Capcom's willingness to try new things.

We're so close to Resident Evil 6 re-release on PS4 and still no word on graphical improvements for the game? It makes me wonder if they're only porting the game and not touching it at all graphics-wise. Same for the other two games coming up

We'll get a framerate/resolution boost and that'll be it. Anything more simply wouldn't be worth it.

Jawmuncher

Ooof. The MP trophies not being seperate make this a pain in the ass platinum now. Not gonna bother doing that MP stuff again. Guess that means the same case for RE5 as well.

Oh well I out my time into those modes before. I'm not doing it again.

rikesan

Neo Member
We'll get a framerate/resolution boost and that'll be it. Anything more simply wouldn't be worth it.

That was what I was referring to. I don't expect them to make major changes to graphics. But still we got no info regarding frame rate or resolution improvements. Are they even doing that? We should have known by now.

Jawmuncher

The big addition to RE4 will be slight texture work like the PC version and more than likely a platinum trophy for the PS4 version.

Oynox

And I recently bought RE5 in hope of backward comparability... Meh. I guess I will get it again when they get rid of the terrible tearing on the current gen consoles. 1080p30fps would be nice too.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

What really got to me was the forced co-op. So Resident Evil 4 ranks up there with one of my great experiences with a game when it was first released on gamecube. Blew my mind.

Resident Evil 5 was very very fun playing with my close buddy over the net; we beat it a bunch of times over and over for trophies. But it's such a limp experience single player with a dumb AI partner. By the time six came out, we were out of college and in the real world, so I didn't even bother playing through. I played through Revelaitons 2, but that's because my roommate played locally with me.

I just feel like it's such a compromise in design to have a AI partner tacked on. I'd rather have a really rich single player experience, and build something with tension.

And not that I mind Resident Evil's switch to action. However, in most shooters, the single player campaign won't constantly force you to slow down for a dumb AI partner. They might come in and out. And there's no real tactical advantage having a partner in the RE games, and for me the immersion is pretty slight right off the bat because of the co-op.

Mercenary mode is almost always fun. But you're either by yourself or with a human counterpart.

Top Bottom