• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

X-Factor

Another PS4 screenshot I just took. Looks better than PS4 screenshots I took earlier but not as detailed as the PC version:
The PS4 version has motion blur that cannot be turned off therefore it makes it harder to take clean screenshots on PS4.

A6pPtJw.jpg

kc44135

Another PS4 screenshot I just took. Looks better than PS4 screenshots I took earlier but not as detailed as the PC version:
The PS4 version has motion blur that cannot be turned off therefore it makes it harder to take clean screenshots on PS4.

A6pPtJw.jpg

Thx for all the screenshots and vids so far, X-Factor. I'm coming from PS3, so these visuals are quite an upgrade for me, heh. I'm a little annoyed by the motion blur, though. IMO, that's really not something that should be used for games running at 60 FPS. It should really only be used with games running at 30 and below to make them appear smoother in motion. Bummer there's no way to turn it off for this version.

Still super bummed that we can't use alternate costumes for story mode. I'm terrible at mercs, so I have no need for them otherwise. RE4 and 5 had it, so it's weird to exclude it here.
Who can I pester to make it so? I doubt it'd be difficult to patch in.

Actually, RE1-3 also had alt costumes.

joe2187

Banned
Still super bummed that we can't use alternate costumes for story mode. I'm terrible at mercs, so I have no need for them otherwise. RE4 and 5 had it, so it's weird to exclude it here.

If they havent patched it for the PC release they're not going to do it for a console re-release.

kc44135

Actually, RE1-3 also had alt costumes.

Yeah, I feel ya. I always thought it was bizarre that they excluded it from 6. As you said, 1-5 had it, REmake and Zero had it, and even RER 1 and 2 had it. I was really hoping they'd add it in here, but no dice. I really wanted to play as Pirate Leon and Samurai Chris while I suplexed some zombies. :(

Sesha

A6pPtJw.jpg

That costume always looked weird to me because it literally looks like someone shot Sherry with a growth ray. She looks incredibly weirdly proportioned in it. Like so:

ep18_billy.jpg

That costume always looked weird to me because it literally looks like someone shot Sherry with a growth ray. She looks incredibly weirdly proportioned in it. Like so:

ep18_billy.jpg

I think that was the idea. It's meant to be both humorous and revealing. Two birds with one stone.

At least that what I hope.

DOWN

Banned
I hope these remasters aren't the biggest thing happening to mainline RE this year. I hope they announce RE7 before E3 and demo it at E3 and that it runs on Panta Rhei

don't you dare #NoHopeLeft me Capcapom

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope these remasters aren't the biggest thing happening to mainline RE this year. I hope they announce RE7 before E3 and demo it at E3 and that it runs on Panta Rhei

Earlier in this thread, wbacon said they weren't focusing their marketing on these remasters since... Well, recent game remasters, and they had bigger Resident Evil things to focus their marketing on. Plus Capcom PR messages have mentioned several times that there are unannounced RE games in development to be released for the 20th anniversary outside of these remasters and Umbrella Corps.

KyleCross

Man, I really don't know. Capcom has been really quiet about releasing games even tho we know several are in development. Aside from Revelations 2 what was the last major game Capcom released that wasn't a port/remaster? I honestly can't remember, seems like it has been forever. DMC was Jan. 2013 but that was Ninja Theory.

EDIT: There's Dragon's Dogma Online I suppose.

Past

Man, I really don't know. Capcom has been really quiet about releasing games even tho we know several are in development. Aside from Revelations 2 what was the last major game Capcom released that wasn't a port/remaster? I honestly can't remember, seems like it has been forever. DMC was Jan. 2013 but that was Ninja Theory.

EDIT: There's Dragon's Dogma Online I suppose.

Street Fighter V.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I don't know how that slipped my mind. But that is also interesting in the sense that Sony had to fund it. Really hard to figure out what's going on at Capcom.

It is telling the two AAA efforts they've put out thus far this gen, Dead RIsing 3 and Street Fighter V, only came to be via MS and Sony putting up funds for them respectively.

I can understand if someone like RE6. But tries to pass idea it's a bad game just because most of the people can't handle the whole mechanic, it's a mental masturbation. This game it's really bad. End of the story. You like it? That's fine, but please we can't avoid to try to pass the idea the only real issue it's to be too much sophisticated? Because it's not exactly that the problem. It's a confuse mix of gameplay mechanics without a clear lead in the whole game design. Seems a sort of beta to me.

When you have game journalists claiming there is no dodge move in a game that is entirely built around it then you can absolutely say that critical reception was colored by a lack of understanding of the mechanics. That can also be blamed on the game itself and it's lack of explanation.

SomTervo

Yes, for local multiplayer it is still offset split screen that does not fill the full screen. Playing co-op is better done online since each player has their own full screen.

STMpRKJ.jpg

Yes, it's still the offset mini-split screen. Capcom did this to keep the screen's aspect ratio no matter whether you play alone or in co-op.

I'm going to break something.

Saving the aspect ratio isn't worth making your game nearly unplayable (unless of course you have a billion inch TV).

IvanJ

Banned
I'm going to break something.

Saving the aspect ratio isn't worth making your game nearly unplayable (unless of course you have a billion inch TV).

My wife and I played both 5 and 6 perfectly well on a 32" TV. Now we have a 40" TV, played Revelations 2 on it without any problems at all, sitting on a couch about 10 feet away.

KyleCross

Yeah, I never got the hate for how the RE games handle splitscreen. If you zoomed in and had it fill the whole screen you'd lose a lot of the image, like zooming in to make a widescreen movie fill the screen on a 4:3 set.

DOWN

Banned
Yeah, I never got the hate for how the RE games handle splitscreen. If you zoomed in and had it fill the whole screen you'd lose a lot of the image, like zooming in to make a widescreen movie fill the screen on a 4:3 set.

Battlefront simply adds to what you normally see on the sides and it fills the whole TV in split screen. You don't have to zoom in.

Neiteio

ep18_billy.jpg
That's the idea. According to the official artbook, they wanted it to look like she's wearing the same clothes she did in RE2. It's supposed to be silly and sexy. They also note how they're proud of the work they did on her legs!

kc44135

They are REALLY spreading these out, aren't they?

Yeah, I really don't get what Capcom's doing here. I mean, they're all just simple PC ports right? Wouldn't it have been more profitable to just release them all together at $60? It just seems bizarre to me that they'd spread them out like this (in reverse order no less), especially when there's probably quite a few people who won't want to buy 5 or 6 again (I loved 'em both BTW, but the fan reception for them is quite mixed).

Liamc723

Yeah, I really don't get what Capcom's doing here. I mean, they're all just simple PC ports right? Wouldn't it have been more profitable to just release them all together at $60? It just seems bizarre to me that they'd spread them out like this (in reverse order no less), especially when there's probably quite a few people who won't want to buy 5 or 6 again (I loved 'em both BTW, but the fan reception for them is quite mixed).

It's the full-scale offensive man!

Yeah, I wish they would release these quicker.

Top Bottom