• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 PC is out?

Convergys

game%202007-01-26%2021-30-50-40_7vgF4mjecFSH.jpg

game%202007-01-26%2021-31-06-71_PDuOoIFqVMHd.jpg

game%202007-01-27%2010-30-27-74_qNqNAA0wpBTf.jpg

game%202007-01-27%2010-31-46-10_ZU3Sg78lgNVK.jpg

29w5rud.jpg

Didn't this game come out like 8 years ago? Why does there even need to be a PC port (especially with RE5 on everybody's mind anyway)?

I could understand it if there was a big graphical update and some new levels or something, but the game looks like ass. Better be a major budget title.

Defuser

Aristotlekh said:
Didn't this game come out like 8 years ago? Why does there even need to be a PC port (especially with RE5 on everybody's mind anyway)?

I could understand it if there was a big graphical update and some new levels or something, but the game looks like ass. Better be a major budget title.
The same Reason why DMC3 need a PC port.

Branduil

AlanHemberger said:
Who the hell are you talking to, Tubs?

Uh, friggin Handbanana over there.

Low resolution textures played at a high resolution.

The GC had better lighting than this though. Did they just port the PS2 version?

Tain

I'm all for PC ports of console games (all it takes is joypad support and some resolution options to make pretty much anything the definitive version, most of the time), but does this even use the Gamecube resources?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It Looks like House of the Dead 2 :lol :lol :lol :lol

All it needs is "G's bloodstains.."

cvxfreak

It was ported from PS2 because it contains the extra Ada minigame. Weird that the title is biohazard 4 with English text though.

USD

ColdBlooded33 said:
It Looks like House of the Dead 2 :lol :lol :lol :lol

All it needs is "G's bloodstains.."

"How could anyone do this?"

Best voice acting in a game ever.

Grimmy

Banned
The only proper PC port is still SILENT HILL 3 - especially since they gave us hi-res textures that sitll looks gorgeous today.

Why can't these stupid companies do the same for titles like DMC4 and RE4???

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dogs of the EMF. Time they made a move.

Armitage

I have a hard time believing that's as good as the PC version can look. That would have been acceptable in what, 2000 maybe?

aeolist

Banned
Armitage said:
I have a hard time believing that's as good as the PC version can look. That would have been acceptable in what, 2000 maybe?
Looks better than Halo did in 2001

Not that that's saying much

f@luS

More than a member.
oh crap , and yesterday , i though about playing RE4 on my cube again.
Started it , used the ZOOM on my screen to have an almost full screen and said : oh crap , it looks so shit (blurry/aliasing) , would kill for it in HD.

well , i was wrong....

Defuser

- No mouse support
- Cutscene equal to PS2 version (640x480 movie)
- Only resolution option (AA and AF not supported, maybe by forcing it through ATI/Nvidia driver)
- The game is in english
- Frame limiter in 60 fps
- X360 joypad support (others too)
The game fails without mouse support.

segasonic

How could anyone do this?

Edit: shit, I was late

seriously, it looks like a port of the PS2 version, Gamecube one looked better than this

Frenck

Banned
The textures don't look that different from the GC version. But where are all the cool special effects on the windows or the water?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The textures aren't going to look that well when ran at a higher resolution. Though, it just seems straight out that the game is being ran at a lower setting.

Ike said:
I really don't like the thought of RE4 with PC controls honestly

You can just use a PC Joypad or like me a PS2 to USB converter

Feindflug

WTF happened to RE4? Something's must be wrong with these screens...

That's why we need a HD 360 version with improved textures and 60fps. :D

hirokazu

cvxfreak said:
It was ported from PS2 because it contains the extra Ada minigame. Weird that the title is biohazard 4 with English text though.

i think the Hong Kong version of it on PS2 was called Biohazard 4 but was in English too? must be the same case with this.

anyway, what the hell is wrong with the lighting here? everything looks flat, dull, and horribly textured.:0

Top Bottom