• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 possibly coming to PS4?

notaskwid

You're typing on a PC, so there you go (I would think at least).

Requirements for the HD version are pretty low anyways and you can lock it at 30.

mt46i.png

I dunno man.

omonimo

Banned
Please Sony don't release the ps2 version. Just... no. It's the only ps2 emulate game which really I'm not want to touch again. Downgrade everywhere.

Akronis

My game always crashes in the hedge maze on pc. Fuck that.

So it should be re-released on PS4 because the game crashes on your PC?

I'm giving the dude suggestions here, game worked perfectly fine for me when I played through it multiple times. Worst case scenario you talk to steam and refund it.

I'm giving the dude suggestions here, game worked perfectly fine for me when I played through it multiple times. Worst case scenario you talk to steam and refund it.
So it shouldn't be released on PS4 because you can play it on PC? See where this argument goes. How does the game being released on PS4 even affect you negatively?

I'd love to refund it, but that's in the middle of the castle which is several hours in. And I'm past the period where I could do it anyway.

gtj1092

Why shouldn't it be ported to ps4 or any console?

Akronis

mt46i.png

I dunno man.

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 Ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: Standard audio device

For today's standards this is pretty low. Not sure how powerful Intel's IGPs are, but newer laptops can probably run this reasonably well.

Why shouldn't it be ported to ps4 or any console?

Is it really necessary to continue to port games to every new console?

Depends on if Capcom thinks enough people will buy it.

Best case scenario, I can play it on my PS4.

Why would anybody oppose ports? Why would anybody want games to be available on less machines? I value the permanent platform that is PC, but having a PC version doesn't mean it never needs to be ported or remastered again.

That line of logic is so bizarre.

"I would love to play this on my PS4," says player one.

"No. It is available on PC," says player two.

Like, come on.

Akronis

Best case scenario, I can play it on my PS4.

Why would anybody oppose ports? Why would anybody want games to be available on less machines? I value the permanent platform that is PC, but having a PC version doesn't mean it never needs to be ported or remastered again.

That line of logic is so bizarre.

"I would love to play this on my PS4," says player one.

"No. It is available on PC," says player two.

Like, come on.

I see what you're saying.

I'm not against a port to PS4, it's just curious to me how many ports the game has already had.

I don't care either way if it does come to PS4, as someone stated above, it doesn't affect me at all.

I'll jump out of this conversation because I'm really not adding anything meaningful here lol. Sorry guys.

That boss battle against saddler, Salazar and krauser were so intense. And even the cinematic qte stuff where you throw knives back at Salazar was epic. Ready for yet another run but on the ps4. Imagine if they remade re4 with unreal engine4.0 tech. The best survival horror shooter of all time.

I see what you're saying.

I'm not against a port to PS4, it's just curious to me how many ports the game has already had.

I don't care either way if it does come to PS4, as someone stated above, it doesn't affect me at all.

I'll jump out of this conversation because I'm really not adding anything meaningful here lol. Sorry guys.

I think I read your original post with a harsher tone than you intended, so I apologize for the edge on my own reply. I got a little defensive.

So I'm sorry too.

DryvBy

I'd totally buy this yet again. I'd hope they tweak the graphics just a tad or add some AA at least. The gameplay is still perfection.

You're typing on a PC, so there you go (I would think at least).

Requirements for the HD version are pretty low anyways and you can lock it at 30.
When I tried playing RE4 on my old laptop (not a gaming PC but could play a fair amount of games on low settings) the biggest issue was that a lot of textures would just go completely black. Made the game unplayable

May have been an issue with integrated graphics?

While the game "shouldn't" have a problem with lower end PCs, it seems like the HD port is a bit more demanding than one might expect (especially for 60fps)

Akronis

When I tried playing RE4 on my old laptop (not a gaming PC but could play a fair amount of games on low settings) the biggest issue was that a lot of textures would just go completely black. Made the game unplayable

May have been an issue with integrated graphics?

While the game "shouldn't" have a problem with lower end PCs, it seems like the HD port is a bit more demanding than one might expect (especially for 60fps)

Yea it appears that way :(

Hopefully Capcom ports it for those who missed it then.

That boss battle against saddler, Salazar and krauser were so intense. And even the cinematic qte stuff where you throw knives back at Salazar was epic. Ready for yet another run but on the ps4. Imagine if they remade re4 with unreal engine4.0 tech. The best survival horror shooter of all time.

Just a few reasons this is one of the best games of all time.

Jawmuncher

A full trophy set would get me to buy it again. Not just the same 12, boring achievements as the 360 and PC versions.

Then I'd have it on:

GC
PS2
Wii
PC
PS4

Watch it be the same 12 but with a platinum this time.

Is the PS3 version the same as the latest PC port?

No PS3 is a older version, PC is the most recent.

--------------------

You know thinking about it RE4, RE5, and RE6 for PS4 and Xbox One is even more likely.

RE4 out of nowhere get's a definitive PC port
RE5 out of nowhere get's rid of GFWL and finally adds all of the DLC from consoles.
RE6 was already the definitive edition on PC and had some exclusive modes.

Since the newer consoles are apparently pretty friendly with PC ports, seems likely all three are probably going to hit.
Makes since to get money early off the PC versions and then later on with consoles that can fully support it. Especially since a collection pack is something that would do far better on consoles that don't have access to the games easily.

The biggest thing would be the pricing. On PC RE4 and RE6 are 19.99 that's fine. But RE5 with all DLC is 29.99. If they release each individually I don't seem them keeping that price to include everything.
Or maybe they'll make it a perk for the retail version like they did with Revelations 2. If you get the collection you save 10 bucks, but if you buy individually you're paying more.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I still want a real remastered edition of RE4. Not the quick n dirty hd port, but a real upgrade. Not getting my hopes up for that though.

That being said, I've been tempted a few times by the hd version on pc, but a lot of Steam user reviews mention crashes, bugs and overall bad optimization.

Jawmuncher

I don't think that's actually possible. Only games with full trophy sets get a platinum.

Don't think it has to be entirely full. I know one game has 17 trophies and still a platinum.
I guess they could go lazy and just add some trophies for chapters beaten in the game.

Jawmuncher

It's all making more and more sense.

Release Resident Evil 0 this month.
Then release the Umbrella Corps Game.
At some point announce the Resident Evil 4-6 collection for PS4/Xbox One for release this year.
Trailer for RE2make (Though it might be too early) and RE7
RE7 will realease in 2017 along with the canon CG movie, and the last live action movie.

That seems like a more than worthwhile 20th anniversary to me. Rereleases and info on what's coming next. Also maybe if they wanna please another group of fans, that resident evil outbreak HD was true as well. Though that was unsourced so it's unlikely atm.

Then if I can add a dream, they would announce some more PC ports. So that the entire series canon series is available on another platform.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I still want a real remastered edition of RE4. Not the quick n dirty hd port, but a real upgrade. Not getting my hopes up for that though.

That being said, I've been tempted a few times by the hd version on pc, but a lot of Steam user reviews mention crashes, bugs and overall bad optimazition.

Yeah I have done everything under the sun to try and get RE4 to run on my PC and it crashes every time.

I'd definitely rebuy Resident Evil 4 for PS4; probably RE5, and RE6 too because I've never really played through it.

Tagyhag

That being said, I've been tempted a few times by the hd version on pc, but a lot of Steam user reviews mention crashes, bugs and overall bad optimization.

I haven't been having problems with it, like with almost all games on PC though, YMMV.

If they do a PS4 port, trust me, it's worth getting.

If you ever want to play a "real remastered edition" though, the closest you'll get is the PC version thanks to the wonderful re4hd team.

Even after I sold my PS3 console, I kept my physical copy of the Biohazard 4 / Code Veronica. And yes, that picture in the OP was the icon image used for the PS3 Biohazard 4.

I would bite on PS4, but it would be awesome having a physical version, maybe if it was packed in a collection with 0 HD, REmake HD, and REmake 2.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If you ever want to play a "real remastered edition" though, the closest you'll get is the PC version thanks to the wonderful re4hd team.

Yeah I know that's in development, really hoping it's finished sometime this year.

I was always disappointed that they took the PS2 version as the basis for the hd ports (and the Wii version too). Seeing this comparison still hurts. GC version had more detail, better lighting, effects, etc. Looking at the vids there... so much was lost.

Hesh

Unless they get those guys in Spain doing the "true HD" mod for the PC version to supply their superior textures then I'm going to pass on this. Got it for Gamecube, for PS2, and PS3, but I'm only buying it one more time and that's the PC version on Steam once that mod is finished.

Neiteio

I'll buy RE4 as many times as they release it. Ideally it'd be based on the GCN/Wii version so it has the missing effects.

I'd love to have it on my PS4.

impact

Banned
Capcom releases RE4 thirty times on every platform, yet they are afraid to try and port even just one Monster Hunter game to HD consoles or Steam. And they wonder why they're almost broke and need Sony to fund their games....

Anyway.... great news to the two people that have yet to play the game that turned RE into an action series.

Neiteio

This is one of those all-time classics that should be available on every platform at all times.

Anyway.... great news to the two people that have yet to play the game that turned RE into an action series.
Or for the many, many, many people who no longer play a system that supports the game.

(Granted, I have a PC, PS3, Wii and GCN, in addition to my PS4 and WiiU, but still!)

Top Bottom