• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 possibly coming to PS4?

iUGBPkZ.png

A friend of mine was browsing themes last night and noticed the RE4 icon appear for one of them, leading to this pic. It's strange for the artwork to appear since the game isn't on the PS4, and they used different artwork for the PS3 version. Would it be a stretch to think a rerelease might be coming?

Takao

Banned
The PlayStation Store is kind of broken right now. You'll get the wrong icons for a bunch of things on the webstore. I mean completely wrong too. I was on the JP webstore and got EU icons for some of the things. Given the theme has nothing to do with RE4 I'd say this is probably what happened.

Of course, Capcom is probably going to port RE4 to PS4 eventually anyway.

Defuser

RE4 just refuses to die.....and to think Capcom let go Mikami lol.

When can I expect RE4 for PSVR/Vive/Occulus?

What's the matter? You forget your bacon or something?

Probably an emulated PS2 version.
I'll buy it for a fiver, already did buy it last gen on X360 .

omg if it's the ps2 version, that'll be hilarious. also, did you a solid, fellow ivan. edit it before the backseaters get ahold of it.

I would rush to buy this so fast that I would accidentally trip over myself playing it three days in the future.

Then one of us would have to kill the other... Oh no...

AmyS

Re-released for two generations in a row is not cool.

But fuck it, I'd play it again, just for Mike.

RE4-11.jpg

Would be easy money for Capcom so probably.

It would be easy money because they'd probably put in as little effort as possible, and I'd probably still buy it.

In fact, I hope Resi 5 is on the way as well, as it's been quite a few years since I've played that and I'd probably buy it again for a reasonable price.

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder if it'll be PS2 on PS4 or if it will be another HDrerelease.

I own RE4 on Gamecube, PS2, Wii, PS3, PC, and I'll probably get this too. What's wrong with me?

This is Capcom we are talking about. Of course it's coming to the PS4. And probably the Xbox One too. Probably a port of RE4HD that was on last gen machines and the PC.

Fisty

After the abysmal trophy list of RE4 HD, I hope so. So much gameplay potential for trophies, such a squandered opportunity

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
After the abysmal trophy list of RE4 HD, I hope so. So much gameplay potential for trophies, such a squandered opportunity

I want lots of trophies for Separate Ways. It's like mini-RE4. I always replay it when I get RE4-pangs.

Tagyhag

Leon > Bacon.

Also, it definitely should! I was always curious why the new version wasn't ported to the PS4/X1 considering the ease of it.

Still haven't played it but I'm waiting for the PC re-texture mod to be completed

Haha same, considering I beat the game on like 3 different platforms I can wait.

Top Bottom