• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Skinpop

is there a fix for the screen tearing in this game? I can temporarily fix it by tabbing out but it always comes back after a few minutes.

T.O.P

Banned
Fourth time that my game crashes right after Church scene during the Saddler cutscene

I have no idea what to do and it's pissing me off since in the middle of that you have a boss fight that i got to repeat every damn time

Mr_Zombie

Have you tried running the game in 30fps mode? 60fps can be buggy sometimes (although I haven't encountered anything more serious than a few slow-mo moments in random places or a projectile hanging in air).

T.O.P

Banned
Have you tried running the game in 30fps mode? 60fps can be buggy sometimes (although I haven't encountered anything more serious than a few slow-mo moments in random places or a projectile hanging in air).

Went searching in the Steam Forums and there's a sticky saying that disabling the antivirus fixes the cutscenes crashing

It fixed my problem but being forced to disable my av everytime i'll be playing it's a really idiotic thing

Nelo Ice

Banned
I can now see why this game is considered one of the best if not the best ever. I bought this game 4 times and the first 3(PS2, Wii, X360) I barely played it or the furthest I got was the castle for some reason. Anyway I guess the 4th time was the charm because I am hopelessly addicted to the Steam version. The other day I beat the game and I've gone through Assignment Ada and Separate Ways. I'm currently going through Mercenaries trying to unlock the Handcannon. I've already started another playthrough on normal to mess around with the Chicago Typewritter. Also started a pro run though I haven't done anything besides get to the very first save point lol.

On another note I'm so used to the controls that when I tried another game with my 360 controller I forgot how to play with modern controls I kept pressing start to switch weapons lol.

Mr_Zombie

Ok, so my PC should definitely be able to run this just fine, and for some reason, the whole thing seems to be running in molasses slow-motion.

This is apparently a common problem?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558749191020857037/

Man, what gives?

Always blows my mind when ancient-looking games have trouble running on great hardware. I thought this was going to be smooth as butter.

The problem with RE4 is that the game was hard-coded (game logic and animations) with 30fps in mind - the original game wasn't designed to run in 60fps; QLEC basically hacked their way to add the support. The con is that if you run the game in 60fps mode and for some reason the game can't run in stable 60fps it starts running in slow-mo.

Top Bottom