• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition = True 16:9 Widescreen & DPL-II

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
230095b.jpg

Release Date: 6/25
Price: $29.99

Features:

* Wii-mote Action! – Moving the Wii-mote allows players to aim weapons, slash with the knife, control action sequences and much more.
* Award-winning gameplay –RE4 has won multiple Game of the Year awards.
* Unsurpassed Visuals – Resident Evil 4 features breathtaking 3D graphics and effects!
* Behind the Camera View – Camera follows you from behind and allows for intuitive movement.
* Advanced AI – Enemies use their cunning abilities to team up and attack the player en mass.
* “Separate Ways” – Play as Ada Wong in five new chapters that reveal startling insight into the original storyline!
* Supports true 16:9 widescreen and Dolby Pro Logic II.

Hot! :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
awesome,must buy for me since I got rid of my old gamecube copy

Hopefully the new definitive version.

I'm curious to see if there's a market for this though. I imagine Wii owners who were interested in the game just played the GCN version.

john tv said:
So does it have all the extra content of the PS2 version, too?

Yeah it does. Famitsu already confirmed that. The only real question now is if it's using GC (or more hopefully GC+) assets or PS2 ones. Regardless of comparison shots Gaffers have made, I'm not convinced it's using the GC engine. I really wouldn't put it past Capcom to port the PS2 version...

well since I didn't pick up the PS2 version since I played and passed and loved the GameCube one, I'm interested in picking this one up!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Pokemon Battle Revolution and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition comes out on the same day, I wonder which one GAF will choose to buy :lol

john tv

Dragona Akehi said:
Yeah it does. Famitsu already confirmed that. The only real question now is if it's using GC (or more hopefully GC+) assets or PS2 ones. Regardless of comparison shots Gaffers have made, I'm not convinced it's using the GC engine. I really wouldn't put it past Capcom to port the PS2 version...
Hmm, yeah, I highly doubt it won't be using GC assets...but that would really suck if it isn't. Considering how soon it's coming out, I have to think they just took the GC version, "finished it", so to speak, threw in some waggle, and poof--here's the Wii version, in stores in just six weeks (in Japan, anyway).

MaddenNFL64

Now all we need is confirmed GC assets, and i'm set (Even though i have RE4 for GC :p).

Also, why not 24 bit color & improved texture resolution? I know, I know pipe dreams...

john tv said:
Hmm, yeah, I highly doubt it won't be using GC assets...but that would really suck if it isn't. Considering how soon it's coming out, I have to think they just took the GC version, "finished it", so to speak, threw in some waggle, and poof--here's the Wii version, in stores in just six weeks (in Japan, anyway).

I am almost 100% certain it is the PS2 version because I doubt they would go back and code all the stuff that they added into the PS2 version for the GameCube version and then ported that over. Prove me wrong, though, Capcom...

Avalon

If I ever get a Wii I'll definitely buy it.

GC looks like garbage on widescreen HDTV because of the lack of widescreen and so I'm playing the PS2 most of the time...

Vyer

I wasn't as excited (though I thought RE4 was outstanding) until I saw the true widescreen - and, in particular - the price.

I'd buy that for $29.99.

Mrbob

Wow same release date as Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

June 25, the day I'm spending 90 bucks on remakes of games I already own.

TheWolf

Banned
yeah, i'll wait to see how the visuals turn out. i won't be getting it if it looks worse than the Cube version, and i take comfort in the fact that i KNOW GAF will be full of comparison shots of the final product when the game hits. i mean, the PC version looked real ****ed up.

if it looks as good as the Cube version then i'll pick it up, since i never played through the Seperate Ways stuff.

holy shit this came outta nowhere

....looks like the definitive version for me as well. Always wanted to replay my copy at some point but the "letterboxed" ratio kills it for me (in the same way I can't replay Beyond good and evil)

maybe they will include the option to play with classic GC controller as well???

joetachi

MindCollizion said:
pfft! Keep dreaming! i kid i kid!

.... damn, imagine!?
If by june people still cant find a Wii, i would declare the console war over because it's too craizy to imagine.

Glass Joe

as long as it's what it seems to be -- the GC version with the PS2 bonus features (widescreen and the extra levels) and waggle i'll double dip and pick this bad boy up for $29.99. sounds hot -- i just hope it's also compatable with the Classic Controller or Gamecube pad, just in case they screw up the control.

suaveric

where does this info (true 16x9) come from? it looks like it came from some store's website, which doesn't make it true. i hope it is, then i'll buy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Glass Joe said:
as long as it's what it seems to be -- the GC version with the PS2 bonus features (widescreen and the extra levels) and waggle i'll double dip and pick this bad boy up for $29.99. sounds hot -- i just hope it's also compatable with the Classic Controller or Gamecube pad, just in case they screw up the control.

I believe it is compatible with the classic controller

jko

never been a fan of the series, not a fan of the genre....but $29.99?? seals the deal.

john tv said:

Oh I realise that it would make most sense to just "finish up" the GC version... but I just can't trust them. :p

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
1st day purchase for me- never played the original, so this is basically a brand new game for me- so for 30 dollars plus waggle? Awesome deal

Top Bottom