• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: 22 new-ish images

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Jul 5, 2005
Somehow something got lost along the way with this game. These shots do not at all reflect the scariness of the inital trailers to me at all.

The hud, the lighter in door scenarios, the diverser enemies, the RE4 animations, the sidekick, the fact that there is a sidekick, smashing wooden barrels, I don't know.

My expectations for this are way down.

Majmun

Dec 15, 2005
NeoGaf
Looks great. But the two player aspect is mega ultra retarded in such games.

I want to play this on my own.

Darkman M

Aug 17, 2007
Looks awesome and the B button on the screen seems to indicate this is the console version of the game.

MomoPufflet

Dec 11, 2004
While the graphics look nice, the HUD looks absolutely disgusting. Bothers me the more I look at it.

GQman2121

Banned
Apr 10, 2007
Baltimore
twitter.com
Looks awesome, but I wish there were more character models for the enemies. How many Latino looking dudes with mustaches can there be in Africa? I needs more African looking Africans.

MomoPufflet

Dec 11, 2004
Darkman M said:
Isn't it the same as RE4?
I guess, but I don't remember it taking up 1/4 of the screen in RE4, or at least bothering me at all. Maybe it's the 2nd character info?

Future PhaZe

Oct 4, 2007
YES YES YSE YSE YES YES YSE YES YES YES ALL OVER MY PEINS.

ommmmgggg

Seriously it looks amazing. My only complaint is that the HUD does seem to draw a little to much attention to myself. Its large and glowing O_O.

itxaka

Defeatist
Feb 21, 2007
Bioshock
The-Switcher said:

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

Looks like the ganado is holding Chris while Sheva kick him on the nuts :lol

also, so glad she doesn't look like a big-breasted bitch.

And I don't mind the hub at all.

Any word of changing firing shoulders with Sheva? I don't like to shoot with the character at the rigth of the screen.

Big-E

Nov 16, 2006
First shots look good but I really don't like those last few canyon shots.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Jul 5, 2005
Darkman M said:

I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.
You're not wrong but any other version would also use inferior image quality.

Future PhaZe

Oct 4, 2007
itxaka said:
Any word of changing firing shoulders with Sheva? I don't like to shoot with the character at the rigth of the screen.
I'm hoping something can be done about that as well.

Sheva has a great character design.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Feb 2, 2008
Meh, Resident Evil stole my heart as survival horror game and it lost my heart when it became action game.

-1 sales.

EDIT: Graphically speaking it's fucking stunning.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jun 8, 2004
It looks great for sure. Can someone remind me if the game is supposed to have real co-op (online co-op?) or is the partner AI controlled at all times?

artredis1980

Banned
Jul 7, 2007
ok I will be the first to admit,

RE5, to me looks better than Gears of War 2 or Killzone 2, even after the recent GoW2 screens which I think looked the best. This is truely above that. Well done capcom.

Xyphie

Oct 4, 2007
Somewhere
Darkman M said:
I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.
Because you can't hook up gamepads to a PC, oh wait. You only get image quality (AA etc) like this with a PC. That doesn't necessary mean the game is coming to PC though, it's only what they are developing the game on.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Jun 9, 2007
MomoPufflet said:
While the graphics look nice, the HUD looks absolutely disgusting. Bothers me the more I look at it.
agreed. the glow more than anything is the problem

indie85

Banned
Feb 24, 2006
I see this game has almost entirely changed location to the middle east.

Some of these shots look baaaaaad.

dejan

Nov 13, 2006
One of the best looking games I've seen. It won't stop the console warriors from nitpicking it's graphics to death tho. It's the fate of every multiplatform game on this board. It's inevitable.

Ledsen

Mar 25, 2007
Sweden
Darkman M said:

He means that the shots were taken on a PC (afaik the game is developed on PCs). Kind of obvious what with the Pixar movie-quality AA and all :lol

acevans2

Nov 4, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
I hope they get the dialogue and voice acting between Chris and Sheva right. It could really take me out of the experience if it's poorly delivered, forced, or cheesey.

Pistolero

Oct 11, 2006
I'm a bit puzzled : Some screens look wonderful, others really mediocre. The HUD is shitty by the way. Still impressed by Capcom : Perhaps the only japanese developers that takes on the challenges of next gen development with relative efficiency...

Prime crotch

Banned
Nov 8, 2006
Portugal
Darkman M said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/9500/857_0003.jpg[IMG]

I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.[/QUOTE]
Not really, it's fairly common.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Mar 29, 2007
Spain
They look like bullshots, and even then not so great :/, well, if the gamplay is so good as in 4, who cares :D