• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: 22 new-ish images

Crayon

After seeing it on the 1up show , it's relly evident why they had to dial back the graphics. The coop gameplay is seems to demand alot more flexibilty (performance wise) than the classic single player style would.

Somewhere along the lines they decided to make some drastic changes.

I'm starting to think that this 2 player version will be way better.... They must have changed it for a reason.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Crayon said:
After seeing it on the 1up show , it's relly evident why they had to dial back the graphics. The coop gameplay is seems to demand alot more flexibilty (performance wise) than the classic single player style would.

Somewhere along the lines they decided to make some drastic changes.

I'm starting to think that this 2 player version will be way better.... They must have changed it for a reason.
After RE4 I'm willing to accept whatever direction Capcom decides to take RE5 in. As far as I'm concerned they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Mohonky

The only thing I can see wrong with these screenshots is that someone has cranked the shit out of the contrast and fucked it all up. Otherwise they look fantastic just like the playable demo they did at E3.

Jirotrom

Second said:
Looks great. But the two player aspect is mega ultra retarded in such games.

I want to play this on my own.
i really wish it wasn't coop as well, but it will be a new experience. Also graphically, either the game is showing age to my eyes now or things dont have as many polygons as before... anyone else notice this?

robor

I think my skepticism has worn off on this game and I can say RE5 is looking to be the a slammer of 2009. I could say that after seeing it further in production and also seeing the final results (well....near enough) it's probably my most anticipated since OoT. The co-op function sounds fucking brilliant. It gives me hope that it could be very much like Mystical Ninja's depth in co-op play, which just sends shivers of awesome down my spine.

Game looks fantastic. As long as it retains the mindblowingly relentless action and terrific set pieces, all should be good. I find the teamwork focus a little worrying, like others have said, but i really do have to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Ranger X

eso76 said:
well, you don't really expect the motion blur to be this accurate and clean in the actual game, though, right ?
This is the kind of motion blur you get in pgr4 photo mode as opposed to the one being used ingame.

I know the difference between the shots and the actual game. I mean, the kind of difference there will be. All in all, my point is that i think the game seem to be improving. Especially in the contrast dep. The old footage were only crushed blacks and crushed whites. It actually looked pretty horrible and i feared the finished game would be stupidly lit like that. It seems they corrected they shot.

Bliddo

Daigoro said:
never played RE4?

are people actually complaning about smashing open wooden barrels with a badass knife to find life giving items and ammo?!
Yep
it gets boring after... the second or third time I guess.

todahawk

Rez>You said:
After RE4 I'm willing to accept whatever direction Capcom decides to take RE5 in. As far as I'm concerned they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

this.

plus mercs will be returning in re5 and I probably played that more than the story based part of re4. can't wait to see more of that.

Haunted

PC :bow :bow

That's image quality you just can't achieve on a console.

Dan said:
I just wish this game didn't revolve around teamwork, whether with CPU or a human.
QFT

But there's been enough bitching about this issue from me, so I'll just try to stay positive from now on.

Amir0x said:
Looks so much better than RE4 it's obscene. God I cannot wait to co-op this bitch.

If only better graphics meant better game.....we'll see.....

Edit: since when was this announced for pc????

I would like to see some environments beyond shanty town, but I know capcom has said they don't want to spoil the story which is why they focus on that.

Haunted

wayward archer said:
I would like to see some environments beyond shanty town, but I know capcom has said they don't want to spoil the story which is why they focus on that.
Well, we've seen 4 different environments so far. The shanty town, the desert (bike chase), a tanker in a storm and the desert canyon (probably leading into the desert or vice versa).

ElyrionX

Uhh, I haven't been following the development of this game. It's co-op? How does it work in single-player? Does it do split-screen local co-op?

Bluemercury said:
Edit: since when was this announced for pc????
Officially, it hasn't been announced. But you would be naive to believe that it won't be.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
The game is coming out next week, so people have a right to complain about the screenshots...
Yes. Next week is March 12/13, 2009.

Johann

ElyrionX said:
Uhh, I haven't been following the development of this game. It's co-op? How does it work in single-player? Does it do split-screen local co-op?

It's only online co-op. Otherwise, the CPU takes over for single-player. The host player is always Chris and the guest player has to be Sheva.

ElyrionX

Johann said:
It's only online co-op. Otherwise, the CPU takes over for single-player. The host player is always Chris and the guest player has to be Sheva.

Does it mean we got to babysit Sheva in single-player? I stopped playing RE4 shortly after the annoying girl joined me because it fucking sucked having to babysit her ass.

ElyrionX said:
Does it mean we got to babysit Sheva in single-player? I stopped playing RE4 shortly after the annoying girl joined me because it fucking sucked having to babysit her ass.
Probably. It was said in a recent interview that if - during cooperative play - either Chris or Sheva dies, then it's game over. I don't know if that's going to happen during single play mode, but I think it's likely to be the case.

eve241

I'm kind of disappointed that the coop element will still be present in single player. I mean, this is a game taking place in broad day light and on top of that you have someone near you at all times.....this is bound to kill or, let me rephrase that, change the atmosphere quite significantly.

Raide

Eccocid said:
but don't envrionments look too narrow for 2 player co-op?

I think that's the whole point. :lol Too much space and it will be easy to pick off zombies. Containing the players and having set events trigger will heighten the experience. You will have to take good care of each other and actually watch each others back in case the horde comes after you. :lol

This is probably the first game I will get for my new 360 aside from RB 1 and 2, which I already owned and played only on my brother's system. This game looks very pretty and should be lots of fun if they stick to the RE4 formula. I wish I could keep the Wii controls of RE4 Wii edition, but I suppose it's the nature of a diverse market to always want a combination of two different products.

Shins

Banned
NutJobJim said:
I was being sarcastic and poking fun at the people that make fun of Gears for being too brown but then no doubt spunk a load over RE5.
I don't think those people are in this thread lol

Guled

ElyrionX said:
or maybe, Sheva will be babysitting you

bj00rn_

Banned
Looks like it hit the downgrade stage compared to the initial media from the game. But oh well, still looks fine.

Darkman M said:
857_0003.jpg

I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.

All Games for Windows titles show 360 icons if you have a 360 pad plugged in and no, no console is ever pulling off that image quality. Could you point me to a single console title using 16AA/AF? No, didn't think so.

come on...it wont be that clean, but we have seen numerous videos of the game, it looks excellent... One of the best looking games out there. Cant wait

brain_stew said:
All Games for Windows titles show 360 icons if you have a 360 pad plugged in and no, no console is ever pulling off that image quality. Could you point me to a single console title using 16AA/AF? No, didn't think so.
I thought you guys would be smart enough to know by now that all console screenshots are rendered super high res with AA from the dev kit for publication purposes. You can't print 300dpi a full magazine spread a 1280x720 image.

Look at all the past console only press shots. They are all ridiculously high AA'd shots.

BTW, all Frameworks engine shots showing motion blur also goes through a special rendering mode in the dev kit to emulate what the motion blur will look like when you play in real time. If you freeze a single frame of the motion blur action in Frameworks engine in realtime, it looks really weird and messed up.

Top Bottom