• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: 22 new-ish images

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I don't remember seeing these posted, lock if old!

857_0001.jpg

857_0002.jpg

857_0003.jpg

857_0004.jpg

857_0005.jpg

857_0006.jpg

857_0007.jpg

857_0008.jpg

857_0009.jpg

857_0010.jpg

857_0011.jpg

857_0012.jpg

857_0013.jpg

857_0014.jpg

857_0015.jpg

857_0016.jpg

857_0017.jpg

857_0018.jpg

857_0019.jpg

857_0020.jpg

857_0021.jpg

857_0022.jpg

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Somehow something got lost along the way with this game. These shots do not at all reflect the scariness of the inital trailers to me at all.

The hud, the lighter in door scenarios, the diverser enemies, the RE4 animations, the sidekick, the fact that there is a sidekick, smashing wooden barrels, I don't know.

My expectations for this are way down.

Majmun

Looks great. But the two player aspect is mega ultra retarded in such games.

I want to play this on my own.

GQman2121

Banned
Looks awesome, but I wish there were more character models for the enemies. How many Latino looking dudes with mustaches can there be in Africa? I needs more African looking Africans.

Danielsan

Darkman M said:
Isn't it the same as RE4?
It's similar but slightly bigger (?) and due to the colour brightness more obtrusive. Also I've come to dislike HUDs in games. Keep that shit too a minimum.

YES YES YSE YSE YES YES YSE YES YES YES ALL OVER MY PEINS.

ommmmgggg

2nqxs2r.gif

Seriously it looks amazing. My only complaint is that the HUD does seem to draw a little to much attention to myself. Its large and glowing O_O.

itxaka

Defeatist
The-Switcher said:
857_0010.jpg

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

Looks like the ganado is holding Chris while Sheva kick him on the nuts :lol

also, so glad she doesn't look like a big-breasted bitch.

And I don't mind the hub at all.

Any word of changing firing shoulders with Sheva? I don't like to shoot with the character at the rigth of the screen.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Darkman M said:
857_0003.jpg

I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.
You're not wrong but any other version would also use inferior image quality.

itxaka said:
Any word of changing firing shoulders with Sheva? I don't like to shoot with the character at the rigth of the screen.

I'm hoping something can be done about that as well.

Sheva has a great character design.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Meh, Resident Evil stole my heart as survival horror game and it lost my heart when it became action game.

-1 sales.

EDIT: Graphically speaking it's fucking stunning.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It looks great for sure. Can someone remind me if the game is supposed to have real co-op (online co-op?) or is the partner AI controlled at all times?

ok I will be the first to admit,

RE5, to me looks better than Gears of War 2 or Killzone 2, even after the recent GoW2 screens which I think looked the best. This is truely above that. Well done capcom.

Marconelly said:
It looks great for sure. Can someone remind me if the game is supposed to have real co-op (online co-op?) or is the partner AI controlled at all times?

There's two player online drop-in/drop out co-op.

Xyphie

Darkman M said:
I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.

Because you can't hook up gamepads to a PC, oh wait. You only get image quality (AA etc) like this with a PC. That doesn't necessary mean the game is coming to PC though, it's only what they are developing the game on.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MomoPufflet said:
While the graphics look nice, the HUD looks absolutely disgusting. Bothers me the more I look at it.
agreed. the glow more than anything is the problem

indie85

Banned
I see this game has almost entirely changed location to the middle east.

Some of these shots look baaaaaad.

dejan

One of the best looking games I've seen. It won't stop the console warriors from nitpicking it's graphics to death tho. It's the fate of every multiplatform game on this board. It's inevitable.

Ledsen

Darkman M said:
857_0003.jpg

He means that the shots were taken on a PC (afaik the game is developed on PCs). Kind of obvious what with the Pixar movie-quality AA and all :lol

acevans2

I hope they get the dialogue and voice acting between Chris and Sheva right. It could really take me out of the experience if it's poorly delivered, forced, or cheesey.

Jim

Those last 2 canyon shots are hurting my eyes. The more muted, less contrasty shots look great.

Pistolero

I'm a bit puzzled : Some screens look wonderful, others really mediocre. The HUD is shitty by the way. Still impressed by Capcom : Perhaps the only japanese developers that takes on the challenges of next gen development with relative efficiency...

Darkman M said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/9500/857_0003.jpg[IMG]

I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the PC version use mouse and keyboard keys standard in the game rather then gamepad buttons.[/QUOTE]
Not really, it's fairly common.

{Mike}

Banned
I'm sorry but this looks bad. WTF @ huge buttons ? And what are those textures for the mountain? RE GC still looks better than this. I'm not excited at ALL.

Top Bottom