• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

Dead Man Typing said:
That is the second episode... isn't it? First is the Spencer mansion, second is Jill and Josh. Maybe I dreamt that though.

I definitely remember seeing a video of Josh and I think Jill still in her suit fighting off zombies leading up to the Wesker battle. If I can find the video, I'll post it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Die Squirrel Die said:
I should probably clarify, when I originally played RE5 last March I thought Josh was the most likely candidate for additional side mission showing what he was up to while Chris and Sheva were doing their thing (and also how he and Jill pop up together at the end), so I'm glad that the 2nd episode is covering that scenario.

Ah, misinterpreted the emphasis in the sentence.

A google search yielded this.. though I guess it's possibly from a modded PC version:
0.jpg

Return of Josh is good, he is a good character who just vanishes at chapter 4 and then appears back in a near-end cut scene. A good return to partner with Jill too :D

PolishQ

Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know if the new scenarios are being inserted into the middle of the main game (i.e. making main campaign longer), or if you start them separately from the main menu (i.e. they are completely separate from main campaign)?

LaneDS

Hm, very cool. I don't know much about Josh's character, as he's not exactly given any time to develop in RE5, but I will say his character model was insane and struck me as borderline photorealistic during some of the cutscenes.

Will be picking up the DLC as soon as it hits.

If this is compatible with old saves, then definitely count me in on PS3. If not I might have to get the 360 version...

There's too many games to play and since I already played this one to death, this rerelease will probably be a late purchase for me.

yurinka

rataplein said:
well, not acording to this:

jpa613.jpg

xbox version have a download code, PS3 have all on the disc.

I was hoping for a new boxart and disc too.
BTW, the game has been pushed back, out of Q1

GuardianE said:
Ah, misinterpreted the emphasis in the sentence.

A google search yielded this.. though I guess it's possibly from a modded PC version:
0.jpg
No, it's oficial from the game. Check the trailer. From the 2nd new episode as I remember.

NIGHT-

fu3lfr3nzy said:
I guess its safe to assume that the PS3 version wont get any graphical tweaks? =/

I hope so. I want to buy the PS3 version for wand use. But I can't justify doing so if the graphics aren't fixed

Sascha23

Banned
NIGHT- said:
I hope so. I want to buy the PS3 version for wand use. But I can't justify doing so if the graphics aren't fixed

Haha. Other than super high-res captures, I cannot tell them apart at all. This isn't Bayonetta we're talking about here. Both PS3 and 360 version look and run fabulous.

I give it 30 seconds until someone posts some ungodly resolution image trying to show me that textures are a smidgen blurrier on PS3.

Unless there's a very genuine issue (Bayonetta or HL2 Orange Box), I think you're pretty much getting the same great game.

NIGHT-

-viper- said:
lol stealth trolling. nice post history too.

Has nothing to do with trolling. I already own the 360 version and would love to rebuy it for the Wand controls. I did the same with RE4 for Wii and Gamecube.

I just don't like buying lazy ports.

There are no graphical issues to worry about in the PS3 version. It may have some framerate slowdowns but it has no screen tearing at all. Other differences are minor at best, unless you are a pixel counter. The game looks and plays great.

In before system wars and forgetting about the new content.

LaneDS

Oh man, wonder what those last few figures could be. Neat to see Barry and Rebecca in there, hopefully they're playable in Mercs.

And I second the "I hope the PS3 version gets some love". Obviously a lot of you didn't find the framerate difference problematic, but I thought it was pretty severe. Ended up going with the 360 version despite not owning the console myself (used the roommate's) as a result. Not trying to fan the console war flames, but I don't think someone should get shit for hoping for improvements to either version.

Isn't there really only 5 new playables confirmed? Jill's 2 versions aren't new, all I think is new is 2 Sheva, 2 Chris and Josh. Going by patterns....1 more costume for Josh and then....

Neiteio

Wow, those figures of Rebecca and Barry look great! You just know they'll be in Mercenaries...

Imagine if the last four bubbles were Leon, Ada, Billy and HUNK.

Top Bottom