• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

Zenith

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsmcx1vCZw&#t=7m03s

Patricia Ja Lee, the voice actress for the character Jill Valentine, reveals she is doing some more work for an upcoming director's cut.

Probably a Jill version of Separate Ways. They never showed what happened to her post-implant removal and pre-helicopter rescue. I'm banking multi-platform. Do you think it's actually a whole re-release of the game or is she just not sure what DLC is and is labelling it as a director's cut?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If capcom can re-release Lost Planet with meager little upgrades, there's no reason this shouldn't or couldn't be a disc based release.

scitek

Patricia Ja Lee = Cassie, the Pink Ranger in Power Rangers Turbo and in Space?

Didn't realize she was in RE5.

EDIT: Wii version confirmed.

bumpkin

I really hope it's just DLC... I don't want to re-buy the same game with some bonuses. But I'll be annoyed if the DLC is an unlock key; meaning Capcom is pulling a fast one (again).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
bumpkin said:
I really hope it's just DLC... I don't want to re-buy the same game with some bonuses. But I'll be annoyed if the DLC is an unlock key; meaning Capcom is pulling a fast one (again).

There's no way they'd hold onto DLC for this long after release if it were on the disc.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
bumpkin said:

She mentions recording new stuff, so it can't already be on the disc.

Jostifer

Wonder if the PS3 version will support the Motion controller (kinda how RE4 Wii was a worthy repurchase because of this). Assuming this is spring material and not 2009?

Sectus

I think it'll be a new release (similar to Lost Planet Colonies, and the rumoured new SF4 release).

If there's a new campaign where you play as Jill, I'm all over it. If there's new mercenaries maps too, they've guaranteed 3 new copies sold to a crazy fanatic.

plagiarize said:
i can't wait until it is announced that this is the Wii version.

the meltdowns would be EPIC.

hopefully DLC though :)
Uh oh, I had not considered that possibility.

*arms nuclear bomb just in case*

I think this will be announced at TGS, so hopefully we'll know more details very soon.

I'd love some single-player DLC for RE5, hopefully this is one of those release the DLC, release a repackaged retail unit with the DLC deals (like Gears of War 2)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So will they include the deathmatch mode now or is that still not budgeted for the director's cut?

Can't say I'm interested in this.

There's gotta be something really sweet in the director's cut to make me buy resident evil 5 again.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Grr. Game would have been so much better if the right half of the screen wasn't always obstructed by that useless woman.

I spend more time moving the camera so her retarded seizures stop blocking my view than actually enjoying myself.

THANKS PAHTNEH!

BE CAREFUL!

I NEED HELP!

She's more annoying than Navi.

I want a hack where I can make her invisible and mute her. Now THAT would be DLC I could get on board with!

olimpia84

Sohter.Nura said:
Can't say I'm interested in this.

There's gotta be something really sweet in the director's cut to make me buy resident evil 5 again.

I would have said the same thing but since it seems they will have new Jill material (my fav character in the series) I'm gonna have to buy it. Damn you Capcom.

Danielsan

Remove forced co-op and retool the campaign accordingly and I might finally bite.
Still haven't bought it despite it being available fore around €20.

I'm a freaking huge Resident Evil fan, but I was so disappointed with RE5, I'm not willing to buy ANYTHING with the Resident Evil 5 name on it. Give me the next installment and let's forget RE5 ever existed.

Zenith

Banned
Danielsan said:
Remove forced co-op and retool the campaign accordingly and I might finally bite.

Bet you Jill meets Josh straight away and he's your new co-op partner.

okay thanks for the heads up in that case

ignore him. RE5's great. Easily enjoyed it as much as RE4.

Sectus

U K Narayan said:
Did you like Resident Evil 4?

If you did, you might not want to play this.
Why wouldn't he? RE5 has the exact same type of gameplay. The only major change is the coop, which is awesome.

Metroid

Zenith said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsmcx1vCZw&#t=7m03s

Patricia Ja Lee, the voice actress for the character Jill Valentine, reveals she is doing some more work for an upcoming director's cut.

Probably a Jill version of Separate Ways. They never showed what happened to her post-implant removal and pre-helicopter rescue. I'm banking multi-platform. Do you think it's actually a whole re-release of the game or is she just not sure what DLC is and is labelling it as a director's cut?

thanks for the spoilers, playing it for the first time on pc right now..

Nizz

Metroid said:
thanks for the spoilers, playing it for the first time on pc right now..
Pretty much. :(

I haven't picked the game up yet, maybe I'll hold off to see how this DC pans out. Original game plus added content for same price? I'll bite.

Zenith said:
ignore him. RE5's great. Easily enjoyed it as much as RE4.
no offense or anything, but he and I have somewhat similar tastes in games and I'll take his word

i played the demo as well... yeah.

_dementia said:
no offense or anything, but he and I have somewhat similar tastes in games and I'll take his word

Yeah, I loved RE4 (and 3, and 2, and Veronica, etc. etc.), and 5 didn't do anything at all for me

bumpkin

_dementia said:

I played the demo and hated it, but I loved the full game... Different strokes for different folks.

RE5 is a fun game but not in the same league as 4 was.

I kind of hope this is DLC too, owning the 360 version already and been thinking about the double dip to pc, not going to triple dip.

Top Bottom