• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition listed on PEGI for PC/Steam

Seyavesh

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=45155#searchresults

zfcwKPX.png

was this already known?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall seeing it mentioned before, that suggests the DLC making it's way over to PC which would be awesome. Probably at the same time as the game being migrated to Steam from GFWL.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
GOLD EDITION!
LOST IN NIGHTMARES PC!

This is stellar news! Thanks for sharing Duder!

ArjanN

I don't recall seeing it mentioned before, that suggests the DLC making it's way over to PC which would be awesome.

I kinda assumed it would get the DLC, since they were doing the GFWL removal anyway, but it's nice to get confirmation.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda assumed it would get the DLC, since they were doing the GFWL removal anyway.

Aye, that's what I'm hoping for :) I just hope it's for everyone so anyone who already owns the game on Steam gets the DLC for free (assuming it's coming that is)

Weird that the DLC never came before

RE5 came out at a time that companies were just not seeing the profit potential in PC versions and a lot of them were gimped for downloadable content like that. I mean, the game used Games for Windows Live, so that just shows how much they cared about it at the time.

Gintoki

Thats pretty nice, never played the DLC before. Wonder if it'll be a free upgrade for regular edition owners

An-Det

That bodes well. The only reason I've kept my 360 copy was because the Lost in Nightmare dlc was console-only. It's not absolute confirmation, but it's reassuring.

NIN90

Calling it: free upgrade for existing owners of RE5, same as when BioShock 2 dropped GFWL (I assume because Valve couldn't identify who owns DLC on GFWL and who doesn't so they gave it to everyone).

On the other hand... this is Capcom after all..

Calling it: free upgrade for existing owners of RE5, same as when BioShock 2 dropped GFWL (I assume because Valve couldn't identify who owns DLC on GFWL and who doesn't so they gave it to everyone).

I'm just expecting the base game to be given out with the dlc being separate. Ultra Street Fighter 4 as an example.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

The DLC isn't available on PC at all, so that isn't a problem they'd have to rectify. I expect the DLC will probably cost something.

ArjanN

Wow lol. I never thought we would get that deathmatch stuff.

The PC version already had the Deathmatch stuff. The 'Gold edition' extras are more stuff for Mercenaries mode and two extra singleplayer (well, or co-op obviously) campaign scenarios.

The DLC isn't available on PC at all, so that isn't a problem they'd have to rectify. I expect the DLC will probably cost something.

I'm 99% sure it'll be free for existing owners. They had to work on the game anyway for the GFWL to Steamworks update. It still makes a nice incentive for people that never picked up the PC version at all.

where is it? 14th today

Ignore that date, that's just something weird about how the PEGI site works, because it was the same for previous leaks. I assume that's just the date it was entered into their system.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The PC version already had the Deathmatch stuff. The 'Gold edition' extras are more stuff for Mercenaries mode and two extra singleplayer (well, or co-op obviously) campaign scenarios.

I'm 99% sure it'll be free for existing owners. They had to work on the game anyway for the GFWL to Steamworks update. It still makes a nice incentive for people that never picked up the PC version at all.

Ignore that date, that's just something weird about how the PEGI site works, because it was the same for previous leaks. I assume that's just the date it was entered into their system.

I imagine it'll be more of a

Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Upgrade

scenario. I mean, it would be awesome if they gave all current owners the DLC, but new work went into new content and I don't think it's that crazy to expect people to pay for it.

strafer

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Jawmuncher

Where's the wrestling GIF for Yes!

Because that's exactly how I'm feeling. I figured we were getting it but this all but confirms it. I bet this will be a purchase able upgrade for those already owning it like with SF4AE to SF4U.

Hopefully the dead rising 2 plans now include the 360 Download games so we can almost have all of DR in one place. Since both were slated to get GFWL and both have Become silent.

Fantasmo

What gets me is that they acted like it couldn't easily be ported over.

The Steam transition is likely harder to integrate than copying some maps over that probably started out as PC versions anyway.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
OH BOY HERE WE GO. Best Mercs (Well RE6 is technically superior but RE5 Reunion was way too fun) BEST COSTUMES PC never got and two okay side episodes. Will definitely buy.

ArjanN

I imagine it'll be more of a

Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Upgrade

scenario. I mean, it would be awesome if they gave all current owners the DLC, but new work went into new content and I don't think it's that crazy to expect people to pay for it.

They technically could charge for it but it's also pretty common to just include DLC for free in late PC ports, also cases like Bioshock 2's update including Minerva's Den. I'm also assuming including the DLC was actually far less work than the actual Steamworks update. I don't expect them to charge for it. Considering how old it is IMO it makes more sense to just include it for free to score some brownie points. It'll still increase the legacy value of RE5 PC anyway.

Top Bottom