• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition listed on PEGI for PC/Steam

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Borderless Gaming confirmed working, game looks great at 4k/60fps thanks to GeDoSaTo. Now, about that color filter...

What color filter?

screenshot_2015_03_28_17_08_27_0_by_aloooo81-d8nhdty.jpg

screenshot_2015_03_28_17_01_32_2_by_aloooo81-d8nhdub.jpg

Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation
# read them before changing anything!

# Resident Evil 5 configuration

# Allows hud-less screenshots
injectPSHash d770949e

#Used for HUD/tint disable above
injectDelayAfterDraw true

What color filter?

Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

injectPSHash d770949e

Thanks! Game looks great.

Condemned

Banned
What color filter?

Code:

injectPSHash d770949e

What mod is this? Id like to try it =)

Just wondering if the leaderboards are bugged for anyone else? Just done a co-op run through on veteran with my mate now the leaderboard is showing there is no entry's at all for veteran. However, all the other difficulties are fine.

Shows up fine on the steam page for them but in game, nothing.

Edit: Just done a chapter one run on amateur seems fine. Just veteran :(

Unai

The random people you play with don't appear in the steam section where you see the last people you played online.

Elija2

GeDoSaTo!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807472

Copy those lines I shared above into a *GeDoSaTo folder*\config\Launcher\GeDoSaTo_user.ini file.

Edit the GeDo keybindings so that "toggleHUD VK_NUMPAD0" is enabled.

Then, when you're in game just press your HUD Toggle button to remove the HUD and the color filter.

Is there any way to do it without removing the HUD? It really does look better without the filter but I don't want to play with the HUD missing.

TheBlade

Neo Member
The release note left in there was an unfortunate oversight . :-(

To clarify though, the split screen code that was ripped out from the PC build is from the console version.

As some of you may know, MT Framework is our multiplatform development tool/engine that is utilized across several platforms. The aforementioned split-screen code is an orphaned code base from the PS3/Xbox 360 SKU which simply does not work on a PC.

The crux of the issue is that the PC code base has no concept of multiple controllers. In other words, if you plugged in two Xbox controllers, RE5 has no way of figuring out which gamepad controls which character -- or what happens if one player uses a KB+M versus a gamepad. It's a difficult problem to solve since the original game's logic wasn't designed with multiple controller devices in mind.

I don't understand why you claim the code "simply does not work on a PC". As I was one of the key people who worked on the split-screen mod that enabled it on the GFWL initial release version for PCs. I can confirm that all the code is FULLY functional and it worked flawlessly for the GFWL version. We did not add anything extra to the game at all, it was simply enabled. The only problem was that the keyboard would control both characters so it was forcibly disabled. The game has no problem at all distinguishing between two controllers. Evidently the game knows to assign PAD1 to Player1, PAD2 to Player2 vise versa. Otherwise no characters would have moved at all.

As for the Steamworks version. I got into the split-screen menus and can confirm that all the code has been removed to enable split-screen functionality (through the menu itself). Within the menus the second controller will work fine but it just loads the standard 1P game. Why can't this feature be added into the PC version? Majority of the code from the Xbox/PS3 SKUs is still compatible in many ways. But it may require little effort to get it to work with Steam properly in terms of saving etc. Look at how fast you guys released the REREV2 temp split-screen co-op patch? Consider it.

===============================================================

Trial Mode seems to have split-screen menus stripped out from the transition again. They most likely still exist though!

sQXD6g1.png

Entering split-screen gives a blank menu.

NHdmkpe.png

Accessing Lost In Nightmares Split-Screen Menu.

jNFPOcK.png

Regards.

Fantasmo

I hate how they do something like this for no good reason.

With all due respect wbacon, forgetting to delete releasenotes.txt is not the unfortunate thing here, stripping the coop code is!

Why is Capcom doing stuff like this?

Don't they realize PCs are souped up consoles? Stuff like this is a big deal man!

The entire game is designed around coop, and that the AI is atrocious on Professional.

Even in other games that aren't, coop is fun to play with your friends and extends the longevity of games and there's no good technical reason to not have it! It's easier for most modern PCs to handle coop than it is for consoles.

Years ago we had a game called Doom, where everything was run from the command line and we had to tinker to make it work but we always did and created tools for the games to make things easier.

When they rip out the code, that ability is gone.

Forget the mouse and keyboard hub bub, controllers work fine here, and the game doesn't officially support it. While that's bad there's no expectation.

So tell them to put the code back in and let us fix it, or, have Capcom officially support it.

Some of us have moved on from console simply because we wanted a better experience. Removing the coop code isn't a better experience!

me0wish

Guys, maybe we can make enough noise to get local coop? I played raid mode in local coop, and its much more fun than playing alone, and I'm sure its much more fun than playing online coop.

Guys, maybe we can make enough noise to get local coop? I played raid mode in local coop, and its much more fun than playing alone, and I'm sure its much more fun than playing online coop.

After what happened to Revelations 2 I was sure Capcom learned their lesson. I guess not. These decisions being made are for no good reason, quite baffling really. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. They can't even throw the modding scene a bone and let them do the work that they are unwilling to do themselves. Honestly, removing this code doesn't seem to be for the right reasons at all.

Look at Valve, they just released an update to Half Life 2 created by modders and feature it as a download on Steam. Capcom could learn a thing or two about how this proactive and progressive behavior towards the modding scene sells more games. Look at Skyrim too, the same example applies there as well.

me0wish

After what happened to Revelations 2 I was sure Capcom learned their lesson. I guess not. These decisions being made are for no good reason, quite baffling really. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. They can't even throw the modding scene a bone and let them do the work that they are unwilling to do themselves. Honestly, removing this code doesn't seem to be for the right reasons at all.

Look at Valve, they just released an update to Half Life 2 created by modders and feature it as a download on Steam. Capcom could learn a thing or two about how this proactive and progressive behavior towards the modding scene sells more games. Look at Skyrim too, the same example applies there as well.

Maybe I should create a thread about it like I did with Revelations 2? This is really annoying.

Nillansan

As for the Steamworks version. I got into the split-screen menus and can confirm that all the code has been removed to enable split-screen functionality (through the menu itself). Within the menus the second controller will work fine but it just loads the standard 1P game. Why can't this feature be added into the PC version? Majority of the code from the Xbox/PS3 SKUs is still compatible in many ways. But it may require little effort to get it to work with Steam properly in terms of saving etc. Look at how fast you guys released the REREV2 temp split-screen co-op patch? Consider it.

Trial Mode seems to have split-screen menus stripped out from the transition again. They most likely still exist though!

sQXD6g1.png

NHdmkpe.png

jNFPOcK.png

Oh my goodness.

Fantasmo

What gets me is it works but it was removed! There's not even any content to put in! Just cleaning up some already written code that was there to begin with !

Valnen

Did they put in a way for mouse users to display a laser instead of that grotesque crosshair? I remember you needed a mod to get the laser working in the original game. Or was that patched eventually?

I like the crosshair and wish I could have it for the RE4 PC version.

daninthemix

Started a new playthrough but only got to the end of Chap 2. Game was still too familiar even after 5 years, the mechanics feel dated and it's so linear there's nothing new to see.

Jawmuncher

I can't believe RE5 DLC bought on GFWL won't transfer over, what kind of scam is this

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-5-gets-steamworks-instead-of-games-f/1100-6426242/
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/29/83...steamworks-support-but-gfwl-dlc-wont-transfer

Thank god for quality, probing journalism pointing out this injustice.

There was actually no DLC on the GFWL live site for RE5 though.

Makes me wonder if Operation Raccoon City will be patched though.
Since that did have DLC on GFWL, I think.

Mr_Zombie

..what was the actual DLC that existed on the PC version prior to the update?

There was none. The only DLC prior to the Gold Edition was Versus, but it never made it to the PC (technically, it does exist in PC version, since the DLC was jest a code that unlocks content on disk). So Gamespot and Polygon write about something that doesn't even exist. Quality journalism indeed.

jediyoshi

There was none. The only DLC prior to the Gold Edition was Versus, but it never made it to the PC (technically, it does exist in PC version, since the DLC was jest a code that unlocks content on disk). So Gamespot and Polygon write about something that doesn't even exist. Quality journalism.

They're directly pulling from Capcom's own FAQ though, which made me confused as to where the sarcasm started and stopped. I can still see it as reaching though, definitely sounds scandalous.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...il-5-gold-edition-available-now-on-steamworks
Q: Will previous DLC carryover from GFWL to Steam?

A: Unfortunately, DLC content purchased directly from Microsoft’s GFWL Marketplace store will not carry over to Steam due to the lack of CD/activation key. Those who wish to play the game with their DLC can continue to do so with the GFWL version of the game installation and under the GFWL service.

Mr_Zombie

Well, then Capcom probably copy-pasted parts of FAQ from their previous games that they ported to Steamworks and had DLC. Journalists from Gamespot and Polygon probably wrote their articles without even checking whether that's true.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I can't believe RE5 DLC bought on GFWL won't transfer over, what kind of scam is this

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-5-gets-steamworks-instead-of-games-f/1100-6426242/
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/29/83...steamworks-support-but-gfwl-dlc-wont-transfer

Thank god for quality, probing journalism pointing out this injustice.

I don't understand the point of this story, there was no RE5 DLC on GFWL as far as I know and the RE5 Gold has everything anyways.

Maybe they should do research?

eyeless

I don't understand why you claim the code "simply does not work on a PC". As I was one of the key people who worked on the split-screen mod that enabled it on the GFWL initial release version for PCs. I can confirm that all the code is FULLY functional and it worked flawlessly for the GFWL version. We did not add anything extra to the game at all, it was simply enabled. The only problem was that the keyboard would control both characters so it was forcibly disabled. The game has no problem at all distinguishing between two controllers. Evidently the game knows to assign PAD1 to Player1, PAD2 to Player2 vise versa. Otherwise no characters would have moved at all.

http://i.imgur.com/sQXD6g1.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NHdmkpe.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jNFPOcK.png[img]

Regards.[/QUOTE]wow, so they straight just ripped the shit out for no good reason and have made it so modders can't even do their job for them? so i can't play this game splitscreen? they've made it unmoddable?

i don't even know what to say, what a fucking bummer, the fact that i have wanted to play re5 for months with a friend but decided to wait for steamworks, when actually what i should have been doing was beating the game before they could fuck the game up so i couldn't actually play it

i stupidly made myself have a frustrating wait and what i was actually waiting for was a patch that would fuck me over and make me unable to play the game, great reward after a long wait

great decision after great decision, capcom really knows how to endear themselves to the pc userbase

why can't some publishers just make decent pc versions and not fuck us over in weird ways time after time? would it kill you garner some good will, to be viewed positively by pc players? i don't even need you to fucking put splitscreen in, just don't actively wreck an already existing mod that did the job for you, i just want to be able to play the damn game

i'm just really fucking bummed that i can't play this game now

Sectus

It reminds me of something which happened with RE6. I made a video showcasing some possible on disc DLC based on unused files and features in the game, and I had an unrelated video showcasing unlockable characters/costumes for mercenaries.

Eurogamer made an article about ondisc DLC for RE6 based on my video, but they erroneously also linked to my characters/costumes video and claimed that was also ondisc DLC. And then every site under the sun wrote an article based on Eurogamer's article repeating the same mistake. I tried to contact some of the sites about the mistake but they didn't reply back. So, yay for doing proper research.

What gets me is it works but it was removed! There's not even any content to put in! Just cleaning up some already written code that was there to begin with !

The removed code might be inconsequential though. It could just be code related to splitscreen menus, and if so, splitscreen can still be added via modding (well, I'm sure it is. I was able to get splitscreen coop working mostly fine but with a couple of annoying side effects, which might be fixable by doing more work).

I definitely agree Capcom should have made it an official feature. Revelations 2 proves that there's people wanting this feature, and it also proves that if you have a feature which mostly finished, it doesn't take a lot of work to get available (if I recall, it only took a few days before we got a beta of the splitscreen patch).

Fantasmo

Wow. Capcom's PC division shit the bed since the release of REmaster it seems.

The thing is they're almost always putting out good work on a technical level (8xAA @ 1080p @ 60fps, my God it looks stunning!), and their games tend to be really fun, so I kind of hate to see the pitchforks, but at the same time they just keep screwing up the simplest of things and, usually, take forever to fix them, if ever. It took six years to release already finished DLC content on the PC version, and yet they still can't get split screen right?

RE6 has it officially:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV9MxbC8z_g

and RE Rev2 now does too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDhbJatZdg

but no, RE5 needs a mod to make it work, when the code is already there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWyUyOO3uzw

Come on.
The removed code might be inconsequential though. It could just be code related to splitscreen menus, and if so, splitscreen can still be added via modding (well, I'm sure it is. I was able to get splitscreen coop working mostly fine but with a couple of annoying side effects, which might be fixable by doing more work).

I definitely agree Capcom should have made it an official feature. Revelations 2 proves that there's people wanting this feature, and it also proves that if you have a feature which mostly finished, it doesn't take a lot of work to get available (if I recall, it only took a few days before we got a beta of the splitscreen patch).
Dude if you can pull it off you're a saint!

That still doesn't absolve Capcom. I hate when they do stuff like this.

The thing is they're almost always putting out good work on a technical level, and their games tend to be really fun, so I kind of hate to see the pitchforks, but at the same time they just keep screwing up the simplest of things and, usually, take forever to fix them, if ever. It took six years to release already finished DLC content on the PC version, and yet they still can't get split screen right?

RE6 has it officially:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV9MxbC8z_g

and RE Rev2 now does too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDhbJatZdg

but no, RE5 needs a mod to make it work, when the code is already there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWyUyOO3uzw

Come on.
Except RE 5 Gold has that very code stripped out of it.

Nyoro SF

So the capability of RE5 on Steam to handle multiple gamepads was available all along.... and wbacon lied to us?

:-/

I have no interest in split screen co-op myself but for those who did... man....

I always wanted to try the Lost In Nightmare levels because I heard they were better than anything in the main game, which as a fan of the previous entries and even RE4, it was garbage. I was expecting something completely different but it was just RE4 with annoying co-op mechanics and less depth.

I had never been so disappointed in a video game in my entire life until that point.

The only trailer I ever saw was the original one, so really I only have myself to blame but really it was a huge disappointment.

I was so elated when REmake got a release across multiple platforms, and playing through it now...man this is what we deserved, and nobody bought Zero which was also fantastic. Hopefully they port that and make an actual RE game for RE7 or remake 2 and 3, I don't really care about RE:CV(or CVX) but I suppose that could come later.

I played RE:Rev2 recently I was surprised at how much less action-y it is in comparison to the rest of the recent games(5,6). Oh, and it wasn't downright terrible like RE5 and 6, it was pretty good. Then again when I had my 3DS, I loved RE:R.

You're buying the wrong game then.
header.jpg

Everyone buy this game and convince Capcom that we want the OLD RE BACK, but better than ever.

Give us REmake2 and 3 together. DO IT.

Please? ;__;

Top Bottom