• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 - Xbox 360 vs PS3 Demos Comparison

Aquanox

Resident Evil 5 - Xbox 360 vs. PS3

-->> PS3 Version shots shown first, then Xbox 360's. <<---

ss_preview_1_PS3__17_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__8_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__1_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__1_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__2_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__11_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__3_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__3_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__4_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__4_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__5_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__6_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__16_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__7_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__7_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__9_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__8_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__10_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__9_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__12_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__10_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__13_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__11_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__14_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__12_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__15_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__13_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__16_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__14_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__17_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_PS3__15_.bmp.jpg

ss_preview_1_360__18_.bmp.jpg

Full Size Captures:

1_PS3__17_.bmp.jpg

1_360__8_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3.bmp.jpg

1_360.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__1_.bmp.jpg

1_360__1_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__2_.bmp.jpg

1_360__11_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__3_.bmp.jpg

1_360__3_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__4_.bmp.jpg

1_360__4_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__5_.bmp.jpg

1_360__6_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__16_.bmp.jpg

1_360__7_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__7_.bmp.jpg

1_360__9_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__8_.bmp.jpg

1_360__10_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__9_.bmp.jpg

1_360__12_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__10_.bmp.jpg

1_360__13_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__11_.bmp.jpg

1_360__14_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__12_.bmp.jpg

1_360__15_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__13_.bmp.jpg

1_360__16_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__14_.bmp.jpg

1_360__17_.bmp.jpg

1_PS3__15_.bmp.jpg

1_360__18_.bmp.jpg

It seems that the AA applied on the PS3 version doesn't favor the game in this case (unlike GTA IV) Aside from that, it seems that there's much more facial detail in the Xbox 360 version. The clearest example is in the picture of the guy with the megaphone.

For Full Sized Screens Click Here (And select "original size")

Edit: Full Size Pictures Added.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dot already did this. Do we need a dedicated fanboy banter fest?

Cheeto said:
Oh great, I was up all night, tossing and turning, scratching all over, waiting for this.
I haven't slept in 2 days man o_O

Narcosis

LiquidMetal14 said:
Dot already did this. Do we need a dedicated fanboy banter fest?

If the existance of this thread keeps this crap out of the coming RE5 official thread I'm for it. The DMC4 thread was unbearable for several days when the demos launched, I;d rather not have to avoid the official thread for several days.

SpokkX

Seems like a clear win for 360 imo, especially since the ps3 version also suffers from framerate problems

Aquanox

I believe this is the most dramatic difference:

PS3:
1_PS3__16_.bmp.jpg

Xbox 360:
1_360__7_.bmp.jpg

(Open both in separated tabs in explorer and then switch from one to the other)

Much more detail, sharper textures... I'd say better lightning too.

Truant

Typical multiplatform stuff.

Softer image on the PS3. Detail and textures are probably the same, although the image rendering is most likely fooling someone into thinking the textures are worse.

pakkit

Banned
I don't get the point of this thread, or any graphics comparison threads unless there is an actual difference viewable.

Truant

pakkit said:
I don't get the point of this thread, or any graphics comparison threads unless there is an actual difference viewable.

People want to justify their purchases to themselves. Classic consumer behaviour.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Look virtually identical, with the 360 having tad sharper textures. Is the framerate the same on both? That's all that really matters when they look so similar.

B E N K E

Looks about the same to me... sucks to be the guy at Eurogamer who has to play through, record and find the exact same shot for the comparison. He's doing a great job... but he's just feeding the idiotic fan boy banter and he must know it... and it's eating away at his soul. Or something. :lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
in this case I actually like the softer look on the game.. it gives it a more cinematic feel.. definitely see the sharper images on the 360, but it really doesn't matter. almost looks more stylistically limited than one that doesn't look as powerful as the other type thing..

who knows. but I'm still grabbing it for the PS3.

LiK

360 version looks sharper but this is usually the case whenever i see PS3 vs 360 screens for these multiplatform titles. i'm not sure why that is.

Dabanton

Acosta

Going to be a fun a thread in some hours.

Before the crazy people come, yes, looks like the classical rendering difference between both, with 360 offering a crisper image. As far as there is no differences with framerates or resolutions, is not a big deal.

And for the ones saying is a waste of time.. it´s not, I see your point and I'm agree but Eurogamer want the hits and this offers a lot of that. Blame the gamer, not the medium who offer what they want.

I've got both the RE5 demos, and they look pretty nice.

The 360 version has got sharper image quality, but that's because it's running basic 2x AA. The PS3 version is using 2x Quincunx AA, which is like having 4xAA for half the resources, but it blurs everything noticeably because of the way Quincunx AA samples each pixel. The texture quality on both games is exactly the same.

The 360 version has a noticeable green tint to everything, whereas the PS3 version has a more balanced contrast. As far as glitches, the 360 version has tearing during quick camera movements (cutscenes, etc.) and the PS3 one, very rarely, has slowdown when you get mobbed by zombies.

Lord Phol

Why is the PS3 version more blurry than the 360?
It's not much but it's noticeable, don't see any reason why they shouldn't be identical graphically.

Dot50Cal

Banned
OP, did you take these with component?

Lord Phol said:
Why is the PS3 version more blurry than the 360?
It's not much but it's noticeable, don't see any reason why they shoudnd't be identical graphically.
Quinix AA.

obaidr

Banned
PS3 looks more blury. I played it on a 51" with a distance about 3 meter. It looked good. It was not mind blowing but it was ok. Only negative point i noticed were the shadows on Chris body, the flickered.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dabanton said:
Wowsers that's a very big difference.

Yeah. 360 version lacks light reflection on the glasses.

Kidding aside, problem is frame rate not texture/geometry.

Dot50Cal said:
Yes, I know, its in the OP. It doesn't say what he took it with. If it was component and you combine that with Quinix AA, it would show a hell of a lot more blur than what you'd get with HDMI. PS3's analog out is horrible.
I'm running the 360 through VGA and the PS3 through HDMI and the 360 is still a lot sharper looking.

The QAA really blurs the crap out of everything.

Top Bottom