• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement imminent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

sykoex said:
Everyone plays as a zombie and people like Claire and Leon are raid bosses. Tyrants are quest givers.
A bit different, but a Majini/Ganado/Zombie Hunter mode a la Lost Planet would be awesome. 16+ player matches with 4 people as defenders, everyone one else enemies. Would be awesome.

If Leon is not in RE6 Mercenaries, there will be hell to pay.

XPE

It seems odd that they would reveal re6 right now, i would have thought they would have switch focus to resident evil revelations on the 3DS

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No Leon, no sale. Roid-Chris had the charisma of a soggy corn flake (plus the game was a turd).

Even without Infune's rambling I figured TGS would produce and announcement trailer at the least. With Platinum having shipped Bayonetta and Vanquish in 2010 and the offical unveiling of Suda & Mikami's new survival horror title for EA, the P* Games folks have been kinda raining on Capcom's parade this year. I don't expect Capcom to just take it lying down. Now if only P* made a fighting game:D

TheOddOne

Naked Prime said:
Even without Infune's rambling I figured TGS would produce and announcement trailer at the least. With Platinum having shipped Bayonetta and Vanquish in 2010 and the offical unveiling of Suda & Mikami's new survival horror title for EA, the P* Games folks have been kinda raining on Capcom's parade this year. I don't expect Capcom to just take it lying down. Now if only P* made a fighting game:D
Sega trying to battle Capcom? Whoever loses, we win.

stilgar

BMF said:
PS3/360/Wii2

A man can dream, can't he?

I think you're just being realistic. If they're to announce a new RE, it's obviously for the current gen; just in time for the Wii2 launch, March 2012 as everyone knows.

USD

RE6 also needs to at least double the number of enemies attacking you. Needs coop and single player.

TheOddOne said:
Sega trying to battle Capcom? Whoever loses, we win.

WEll Platinum, Sega just got lucky and got the publishing deal, but we will see how long that last. Personally I always thought that Platinum, Grasshopper and Tango would merge and become their own publisher. But thats crazy off-topic talk.

But I wouldn't mind seeing RE6 or a spin-off series at TGS in addition to Revelations

Prine

Banned
YES! RE5 is still one of the top co-op games out there, which features some of the best gunplay in a 3rd person action game.

USD

MCD said:
How about new characters?
Chris and Jill are in Revelations (and 5), so I assume they won't be leads in the next one. It would be nice to see some new faces.
and moar Sheva plz

Mr_Zombie

Yoshichan said:
He DID dodge the missile so it's quite obvious RE6 is in the making.

If you say anything else, you're wrong. I've watched that part in hyper rapid slow motion in x5, x10 and x20 zoom over 50 times and I can confirm it.

Maybe he DID dodge the missile, but he hadn't dodge a lava shower. And Uroboros is very, VERY vulnerable to hot stuff. To the point hot stuff kills it.

I really enjoyed the Lost in Nightmares DLC, so I'd quite like to see Capcom attempt to blend the two styles a bit more. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got planned anyway! :D

XPE said:
It seems odd that they would reveal re6 right now, i would have thought they would have switch focus to resident evil revelations on the 3DS
Did you miss the announcement where Capcom said they would have minimum one mainline RE title each year along with periphery titles?

RE5 sold really well and Capcom did drink deep.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mr_Zombie said:
Maybe he DID dodge the missile, but he hadn't dodge a lava shower. And Uroboros is very, VERY vulnerable to hot stuff. To the point hot stuff kills it.
The fact that he could still dodge a missile with that kind of speed shows that the lava was nothing for him. The shouting must've been from the frustration of letting Chris flee once again.

IrishNinja

Segata Sanshiro said:
Here's my idea for an RE game: Viewtiful Barry. Call me, Capcom. We can make dreams come true here.

that's an ULTRA games property, and you fucking well know it.

I don't really care who the main character is; I'm more interested to see what they do to alter the formula of the games (if anything).

snap0212

Wow. I really hope they go either completely back to the horror genre or make a good third person shooter. Resident Evil 5 is a good game, but I hope they won't have their stupid "you cannot walk while you shoot" rule next time. I cannot wait to replay RE5 with Move. :)

Davey Cakes

USD said:
and moar Sheva plz
Quite possibly the most overrated Resident Evil character. She only had but only needed ONE appearance, thanks.

She was a more major character, sure, but asking for more of her is like asking for more Sherry or more Ashley.

I, personally, would LOVE to see Leon again in RE6, since he's my favorite character in the series. But, honestly, I don't see him being in the game since he already got a lead role in RE2, received top billing in the amazing RE4, and then appeared in the likes of Darkside Chronicles and the movie Degeneration.

Like I said, bringing Barry back would be sweet, but I'm also not against bringing new characters into the fold. Then again, Capcom may not want to alienate the millions of people who have been buying RE games all along, so the chances that we'll see a familiar character, at least in a supporting role, are pretty high.

God yes. I loved RE5 so much and the amount of time I put into it is disgusting. Give me more!

What I'd like to see:

1) More characters on screen, like the first gameplay trailer.
2) Zombies.
3) Claire, Leon or even Sheva.
4) A HUGE Mercs mode. DLC, it's own standalone DD release, I don't care. I demand more and I demand it to be expandable.

Davey Cakes

toasty_T said:
Please make the zombies threatening and I don't mean making them bullet sponges.

Thank you.
The enemies should be threatening, but the threat should balance with a lowered amount of how much the game gives you to defend yourself. It'd be nice if RE6 took the "progressive quest" approach of RE4, but put the game at a slower pace and made it so you benefit from conserving ammo and taking strategic approaches to enemies, sort of like the old games.

I don't see an issue with mixing simple survival concepts of the earlier games with more complex approaches to strategy in the newer games.

ThirstyFly said:
4) A HUGE Mercs mode. DLC, it's own standalone DD release, I don't care. I demand more and I demand it to be expandable.
Mercs was WAY too much of a focus in RE5. Took away from the potential of the rest of the game, in my opinion. Same goes for co-op play and the entire idea of multiplayer, honestly.

Why not just separate RE from Mercs and give Mercs its own game? Then they could really go all-out with it. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries. I can see it on the shelves right now.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the current enemy A.I style is overhauled. The run up to you and stop techniques, or the painfully embarrassing chainsaw in a straight line boredom needs to end.

I think the worst case scenario for RE6 are Dead Space 1 controls in an environment low on atmosphere with coop.

Xav

After Resident Evil 5 I don't think I even want another Resident Evil game unless somehow Shinji Mikami is involved.

Nemesis_

ShockingAlberto said:
Did you miss the announcement where Capcom said they would have minimum one mainline RE title each year along with periphery titles?

RE5 sold really well and Capcom did drink deep.

Did you miss the part where it was a translation error and they meant they will be releasing big titles "like Resident Evil" as quickly as possible, not JUST Resident Evil? >_>

Ada Wong is due to make her long awaited return.

Elios83

Hopefully this time it will be a proper survival horror with modern gameplay.
But TGS seems to be shaping up as an interesting event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom