• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement imminent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Rash said:
Quite possibly the most overrated Resident Evil character. She only had but only needed ONE appearance, thanks.

She was a more major character, sure, but asking for more of her is like asking for more Sherry or more Ashley.
Never said she was an amazing character, I just enjoy playing as her. Cool melee moves, awesome costumes, left-handed for superiority. RE5 was still The Adventures of Chris & Jill, so not much came of her storywise.
Dark FaZe said:
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the current enemy A.I style is overhauled. The run up to you and stop techniques, or the painfully embarrassing chainsaw in a straight line boredom needs to end.
The AI does need work, but the run-and-stop is only really issue on the lower difficulties (in RE5). Once you hit Pro (Veteran to a lesser degree), the only things they're doing is either charging you or throwing shit. Of course, they still do the run-a-bit, walk-a-bit approach.

Quicker than I expected. This probably means that it is in the RE4/5 gameplay style which, Capcom saying otherwise years ago aside, was an obvious guess after the money RE5 made. RE4 was better than RE5, but then RE5 had fantastic co-op (at the expense of the single player.) I am torn at whether I want a RE4 style epic campaign or RE5s ultra replayable levels (which only worked because of co-op)? Either way I'm sure Capcom has heard all the criticism about the misteps that RE5 made, but has learned from the parts of the formula it progressed, and will make an even more epic game!

USD

Blergmeister said:
Quicker than I expected. This probably means that it is in the RE4/5 gameplay style which, Capcom saying otherwise years ago aside, was an obvious guess after the money RE5 made. RE4 was better than RE5, but then RE5 had fantastic co-op (at the expense of the single player.) I am torn at whether I want a RE4 style epic campaign or RE5s ultra replayable levels (which only worked because of co-op)? Either way I'm sure Capcom has heard all the criticism about the misteps that RE5 made, but has learned from the parts of the formula it progressed, and will make an even more epic game!
I kind of hope their are separate single player and coop modes, because one issue with 5 is that the coop really ate into the length of the game. My first run took me 10 hours, but the game can easily beat in under 4 hours on subsequent playthroughs (even less with infinite ammo, since you can just magnum/rocket everything to death, one of the reasons I despite infinite). Running through RE4 still usually takes me 14+ hours, but then again, I play slow and methodical (i.e. headshot > melee > knife everything to death).

Not that the other RE games weren't short (4 excluded), I just really enjoyed the length of 4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Melchiah said:
Forced co-op = no buy.

Forced shitty closing of the story = no buy.

Forced shitty booting of Jill to add a black girl to avoid a PR nightmare = no buy.

Jill for lyfe. Ruining her character = DO NOT WANT a Bio6 from Capcom until the father is back and able to retcon Bio5.

Well, this isn't surprising at all. RE5 is the best-selling Resident Evil in the Franchise, of course they want to follow up on that and get some more money. Hope we see something out of TGS.

I'm excited because I don't think we're going to see anything similar to RE4 or RE5. It may be naive to think that they would drop what many considered to be a better gameplay scheme as presented in RE4, but I think with newer games like Dead Space having superior controls that either it will be revamped or still the same style but with more versatility (run and gun, etc.).

I don't really care what they do with the controls. I'm a fan of the older ones so obviously I'm not picky at all when it comes to how the game actually plays. I'm just concerned about the direction and atmosphere decisions. That's what I'm most anxious to learn.

alr1ghtstart said:
Horror Game
Walk and Shoot
No retarded hanger-on

And if there is a retarded hanger-on, it needs to be a familiar character.

I realize how dumb this may sound, but I think I would have liked RE5 a lot more if Sheva were replaced with Claire. Or Barry. yeah, Barry. fuck yeah.

Nemesis_

Resident Evil Outbreak; File 3 is a no brainer really.

We're in the perfect online "climate" to support such a title. Perfect online infrastructure in place, voice chat, and the ability to add many of the eighty scenarios cut from the previous games in the series.

Seriously Capcom. Do it. Or maybe offer a base pack through XBLA/PSN, and offer additional scenarios whenever possible.

Oh god. The possibilities.

Also, <3 the Outbreak characters.

I bet this time is going to be about Clear searching for Steve... and Sherry must make an appearance .

and btw... if the forced co-op is still around, I will start to hate this beloved series .

Erebus

AmericanNinja said:
They should make a RE MMO. now that would be cool.
Yes, this way we're going to have 3 times the number of threads we had about how much RE5 sucked with its forced online co-op.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Rahxephon91 said:
Not really. The first trailer gave the idea that the game would have some sort of systems tied to daylight. Also Chirs looked less beefy and there was no indication of co-op. Sure the actual game looks like it's still related to that trailer, but the trailer gives the impression they had a few diffrent ideas for 5 that didn't happen.

And dodging mechanics. Dont forget that.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Elios83 said:
Hopefully this time it will be a proper survival horror with modern gameplay.
But TGS seems to be shaping up as an interesting event.

yes.
survival horror elements married with the pacing of RE4 and modern third person controls = glory

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
brandonh83 said:
And if there is a retarded hanger-on, it needs to be a familiar character.

I realize how dumb this may sound, but I think I would have liked RE5 a lot more if Sheva were replaced with Claire. Or Barry. yeah, Barry. fuck yeah.

Who cares? They are all characters from RE aka cliche machines. Another new one wont change anything. All we can hope for is funny action one liners instead of the boring ass dialogue from 5.

KevinCow

Banned
RE6 should take place in the middle east. I mean we killed Spanish people in RE4 and black people in RE5, so it only stands to reason that we kill Arabs next.

All I want is to move and shoot, and no forced co-op so people will stop complaining. Let me play in co-op the whole time, and let them have their "singleplayer."

Also, Leon in Mercs. As a matter of fact, FOUR PLAYER MERCS.

Nemesis_

Net_Wrecker said:
All I want is to move and shoot, and no forced co-op so people will stop complaining. Let me play in co-op the whole time, and let them have their "singleplayer."

Also, Leon in Mercs. As a matter of fact, FOUR PLAYER MERCS.

They should go the same route as Case Zero and release MERCS separately with add-ons possible in the near future and such, with online functionality and a whole bunch of new modes and maps.

Would be epic.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't care what it is as long as it has co-op in it.

It was the only reason why I was able to play through 5.

Nemesis556 said:
They should go the same route as Case Zero and release MERCS separately with add-ons possible in the near future and such, with online functionality and a whole bunch of new modes and maps.

Would be epic.

That would be cool but would slim down the retail game a lot unless they go for an epic 20 hour campaign like RE4, and even then, that game STILL had Mercs.

I really want to see it become atmospheric again. The village in RE4 had such great atmosphere, I kinda wish the whole game took place in just the village. Would love a setting that was cold, dark and wet.

Mudkips

Banned
Dado el gran éxito que supuso para nosotros Resident Evil 5, queremos que Resident Evil 6 salga al mercado lo antes posible. De hecho, tendréis noticias de Capcom acerca de esto en breve…

¿Saturación completo y global?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom