• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement imminent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Please Capgod, no fucking co-op with dumbass CPU AI.

Also, take everything RE4 had, and ADD to it. Not TAKE AWAY.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Momo said:
Leon/Claire/Ada or no moneys Capcom
I'd like to see a team-up that hasn't already occurred, it's kind of a waste with such a large cast to mix and match to repeat pairings we already saw.

Leon/Rebecca/Sheva pls.

Sadist

Capcom: "Oh you knew about Biohazard 6 already, it's called Biohazard Revelations and the demo will be playable at TGS!"

Eliciel

it was quite obvious that Resident Evil 6 would be announced... but hell I did not believe my eyes when I saw that.

My assumption is that RE 6 won't get worldshaking improvements.

Majmun

Sadist said:
Capcom: "Oh you knew about Biohazard 6 already, it's called Biohazard Revelations and the demo will be playable at TGS!"

Don't think they'll ever release a new main RE game for the handhelds. Imagine the meltdowns. The thought alone is already giving me major headaches.

Second said:
Don't think they'll ever release a new main RE game for the handhelds. Imagine the meltdowns. The thought alone already gives me major headaches.
Nothing will ever beat the DQIX announcement.

Momo

Banned
Shig said:
I'd like to see a team-up that hasn't already occurred, it's kind of a waste with such a large cast to mix and match to repeat pairings we already saw.

Leon/Rebecca/Sheva pls.
Ada and Claire are an absolute necessity for me

Seriously has there ever actually been any word on why they just forgot that Rebecca existed?

mello said:
I thought the FFXIII 360 announcement did.
They're both up there, but DQIX was a handheld announcement, and we got a lot more denial in that thread. People were claiming it was just a spinoff from the real DQIX or an MMO like FFXI and all sorts of crazy shit and that the true DQ sequel would be announced for PS3 soon enough.

We got all five stages of grief in order.

Majmun

I want to play as Jull Valentine again. RE3 was amazing.
Or they could split the game in a few scenario's and use all of the characters somehow.

Probably will never happen.

Despera

Banned
Himuro said:
I think it's time for another Leon and Claire team up.

Claire being the main character while teaming up with Leon would be awesome.

Capcom, less action and more atmosphere and puzzles please. I want to read notes in order to solve puzzles. I want the goal of the game to be survival. I want to feel the tension of choosing between reserving ammo or using it. I want ZOMBIES to make a comeback!

Remember the Licker from RE2? The first time it was introduced in the Police Department people shat bricks. In RE5 you are in a corridor with a dozen Lickers and it was like a cake walk... The hell is up with that?

Or they could reboot the whole series and turn it into a TBS with no survival/horror elements whatsoever. They've been on the fence with recent entries.

Everyone suggesting Leon/Claire/Ada/Chris/Boulder, SHUT THE FOOK UP! We need new characters goddamit! Do you realize that its been 12 years since the introduction of a new main character? Yeah RE2 was the last one that gave us Leon and Claire. I don't care much about Sheva and I don't think she's gonna be returning any time soon.

Despera

Banned
RustyNails said:
Everyone suggesting Leon/Claire/Ada/Chris/Boulder, SHUT THE FOOK UP! We need new characters goddamit! Do you realize that its been 12 years since the introduction of a new main character? Yeah RE2 was the last one that gave us Leon and Claire. I don't care much about Sheva and I don't think she's gonna be returning any time soon.

2vd1mwl.gif
disagrees.

RustyNails said:
We need new characters goddamit! Do you realize that its been 12 years since the introduction of a new main character? Yeah RE2 was the last one that gave us Leon and Claire. I don't care much about Sheva and I don't think she's gonna be returning any time soon.
Sheva was a new character and you don't seem to like her much. What makes you think you'd like more new characters?

Gravijah

RustyNails said:

YOU STFU, SIR.

Instro

Nice, I know alot of people disliked RE5 but it was still pretty enjoyable. Preferably what Id like to see in the 6th installment is for them to keep the over the shoulder view from RE4 and 5, but bring back elements of the other entries that 5 took away.

Momo

Banned
RustyNails said:
no thanks.

Ignis Fatuus said:
Sheva was a new character and you don't seem to like her much. What makes you think you'd like more new characters?
Because she was about as interesting as pile of rocks. Her haphazard introduction only happened after accusations that Chris was going about in Africa killing black people. I don't see her as a mainstay.
Gravijah said:
YOU STFU, SIR.
no u

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Problem with Ada with anyone but Leon is that her whole story is pretty much built around his RE2 scenario, and RE4 just expanded on that.

If she shows up, which would indeed be awesome, Leon would most likely be involved.

I'd like to see a return to the dual Leon-Claire scenario days, with the newer style, it could really make you think about leaving a weapon for the other character, etc.

But it'll probably be Rebecca and what's-is-name in a full fledged co-op game. :/

luka

Loves Robotech S1
1. Look at Lost in Nightmares
2. Make something like Lost in Nightmares
3. ???
4. Profit!

Hire some competent scenario writers while you're at it, goddamn. The series went from fun, campy, fairly self aware shit to, as of 5, just shit.

No co-op in single player either.
NO CO-OP.

NO.

CO-OP.

FUCK.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Look, I'm for a reboot as much as the next person but seriously, fuck puzzles.

The only puzzle I want to solve in an RE game is how I'm going to get past 10,000 zombies with half a clip of bullets and a banana.

luka said:
1. Look at Lost in Nightmares
2. Make something like Lost in Nightmares
3. ???
4. Profit!

Hire some competent scenario writers while you're at it, goddamn. The series went from fun, campy, fairly self aware shit to, as of 5, just shit.

No co-op in single player either.
NO CO-OP.

NO.

CO-OP.

FUCK.

This man speaks the fucking truff!

More Zapping System. One of the best features in RE history and was only used once. The entire A and B game scenarios were a great idea to extend the game. Loved the new bosses in the B game.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Dado el gran éxito que supuso para nosotros Resident Evil 5, queremos que Resident Evil 6 salga al mercado lo antes posible. De hecho, tendréis noticias de Capcom acerca de esto en breve…

Picturing a Ganados from 4 saying this...

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Host Samurai said:
More Zapping System. One of the best features in RE history and was only used once. The entire A and B game scenarios were a great idea to extend the game. Loved the new bosses in the B game.

Hell yes. I played through 2 more than any game in the series (save 4) because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom