• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement imminent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

MrHicks said:
this series needs to die
re5 was such shit in everything but graphics it was unbelievable

By the same logic RE 4 must be shit also then. RE 5 is basically RE 4.5 with added coop. They are so much alike it's embarassing.

I loved both but they need to bring back the scary. Also get rid of enemies with gatling guns and weapons. Both game started to suck really bad when enemies started to have these (Island in RE 4, Tanker in RE 5). New formula too would be nice. In RE 6 are we going to start in some village we can't escape where there is going to be a mid-boss with a powerful weapon?

Zozobra

I do hope that they go back to the scary for RE6, but if that happens, I hope even more that they make an action-oriented RE spinoff much like RE5, with co-op of course. I still play that game regularly.

Vamphuntr said:
By the same logic RE 4 must be shit also then. RE 5 is basically RE 4.5 with added coop. They are so much alike it's embarassing.
they didn't feel alike for one second though. One of the most memorable games vs one of the most forgetable games.

MrHicks said:
this series needs to die
Does anyone really honestly think there's even a slight chance Capcom would just abandon the Resident Evil franchise? Come on, man.

MrHicks said:
this series needs to die

No, you just need to quit playing them. There are millions of fans that disagree with you.

SquallASF said:
No, you just need to quit playing them. There are millions of fans that disagree with you.
As someone who was a +1 to RE5's sales numbers, just because someone bought RE5 doesn't make them a fan of it :lol

seady

MrHicks said:
this series needs to die

There are many shitter mindless shooting games like Gears of War that need to die first.

MrHicks

Banned
DidntKnowJack said:
Does anyone really honestly think there's even a slight chance Capcom would just abandon the Resident Evil franchise? Come on, man.

i said it needs to die
not that it will

stupid sheep are gonna keep buying this shit on brandname alone for atleast another decade
seeing a game of re5's quality sell as much as it did is criminal

badcrumble said:
As someone who was a +1 to RE5's sales numbers, just because someone bought RE5 doesn't make them a fan of it :lol

Ofcourse, but I'm willing to bet there are still that many fans out there that enjoy 4 and 5 very much.

MrHicks said:
i said it needs to die
not that it will

stupid sheep are gonna keep buying this shit on brandname alone for atleast another decade

What an arrogant comment. Because you don't like the game, the only people that are buying it are sheep? No one could possibly love the game for what it is? Get over yourself.

yurinka

DarkUSS said:
It's called Resident Evil Revelations and it's a... 3DS game now. :lol
Nobody at Capcom said this. Officially Resident Evil Portable is under development for PSP, and Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS is another game.

Actually after doing more digging I'm fairly sure that RE:p was its own thing at one point and is now almost certainly canceled--if for no other reason than the fact that they claimed it would be designed with the PSPGo in mind. It sounds like it was going to be something in the vein of Outbreak.

Regardless, it's gone, and RE:R is here, so in a way it has been replaced.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
iconoclast said:
"Western touch"? Oh no. Oh please god no. This better not mean QTEs and other shit from God of War.
Uh, RE4 had QTEs. And was out before God of War.

MrHicks

Banned
SquallASF said:
What an arrogant comment. Because you don't like the game, the only people that are buying it are sheep? No one could possibly love the game for what it is? Get over yourself.

take RE5 as strip away the IP and replace it with unknown ones
what do you have left???

1) A game with outdated tank controlled BS controls stuck in 1995
(if you played dead space BEFORE starting RE5 it gets 100x worse)
2) Craptacular story and non existant scary atmosphere for a supposed horror series
3) Cool graphics bro!!!

NO game as shitty as this would have sold gangbusters if it weren't for the RE name
nor would it have gotten such high reviews

MrHicks said:
what do you have left???

2) Craptacular story and non existant scary atmosphere for a supposed horror series
3) Cool graphics bro!!!

NO game as shitty as this would have sold gangbusters if it weren't for the RE name
It's not a shitty game at all though. It is easily one of the best and most re-playable co-op games of this generation. Not to mention the improved mercenaries mode is fun as hell. Also, you should get used to this kind of RE coming back to the next one, seeing as how RE5 is the best selling game in the franchise.

Vamphuntr

MrHicks said:

It's not shitty at all. It's still a high quality game with weak parts (turret sequences, final battle :lol ). You can say you hate the game all you want but saying it's a shitty game is something wrong.

Blueblur1

MrHicks said:
this series needs to die
2ytusuc.gif

MrHicks

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
It's not shitty at all. It's still a high quality game with weak parts (turret sequences, final battle :lol ). You can say you hate the game all you want but saying it's a shitty game is something wrong.

the worst part of the game are the controls
and thats something your doing like....all the time your playing

and then i go to all these review sites with "Gameplay" scores of 8/9/10 and i'm like
"WTF WTF WTF"

ugh

Boney

Banned
Don't know about RE5, (actually I do) but RE4 has one of the best controls to date.
Don't have enough experience to judge it with the more projectile based enemies in 5, but 4 worls marvelously.

The controls aren't really a problem at all. Yeah, I guess it can be annoying to play something like Dead Space and have to adjust to Resident Evil's controls, but that doesn't mean they're bad.

TheHakku

MrHicks said:
and then i go to all these review sites with "Gameplay" scores of 8/9/10 and i'm like
"WTF WTF WTF"
I found nothing wrong with the gameplay. It felt like Resident Evil 4 with an unwanted cooperative partner.

Vamphuntr

theMrCravens said:
Revive Wesker and give us a real final battle versus him.
The last chapter of RE5 was very disappointing.

They somewhat did that in the RE 5 DLC (It's a prequel but you still get to fight him). It's still a horrible battle where you can only hit him with QTE. Seem they can't do a good Wesker fight.

Dresden

A game with Leon and Jill. Best male character with the best female character. Two blondes. Lots of one liners. Shit would kick ass.

TheHakku

Definitely the best.

Sure, I died a couple of times during that event. ...But once you get through it, there's a feeling of success.

MrHicks said:
what do you have left???

3) Cool graphics bro!!!

1. Did you even play RE5? RE 4 and 5 utilize a more refined and updated control scheme than the rest of the series. If you enjoyed the older entries, it makes very little sense that you would complain about the controls in RE5. As far as RE series goes, RE4 and 5 have the best controls, easily. I won't argue that the controls are great compared to other non-RE games, but if your argument is the series has went down hill, control scheme is not a point you can argue.

2. Which RE games did you actually find scary? The older entries had some pop out moments and Mr. X and Nemesis making you run like hell, but they never had the true horror and creepy atmoshpere that say Fatal Frame or SH has. RE series was always action oriented, it just became far more so in RE4 and even more in RE5. I can completely understand someone being disappointed with the series heading more and more into action but to say the game is shitty is something different altogether.

3. Are you implying they aren't great? Or poking fun that it's the only redeeming value in your eyes?

Jin34

MrHicks said:
the worst part of the game are the controls
and thats something your doing like....all the time your playing

"WTF WTF WTF"

ugh

I beat RE5 on the 360 twice (Veteran and Pro) and later traded it in, bought Dead Space during Steam Holiday sale and I'm only like 1/4 or 1/3 of the way through the game. Bought RE5 on the Steam Summer sale and have beaten it twice (Normal, Veteran) and I'm making my way through Pro now.

So in short I tried Dead Space and still came back for more Resident Evil. Outside of the knifing, the controls aren't an issue for me.

bring back the zombies! I don't find the plagas to be scary at all!
They should revise the controls and allow you to perform melee attacks while moving and put greater emphasis on melee combat and items that you would find around the environment.

They said they'd revamp it, but I got the sneaking suspicion it'll be more of resident evil 4/5.
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Sounds good, would be nice to have two full installments seeing as how well MT Framework runs and portable it is. But they really need to revamp the controls and the atmosphere for the next one. The context sensitive cover system needs to go. Either go GoW style or don't do it all. And no forced co-op.

Boney

Banned
SquallASF said:
1. Did you even play RE5? RE 4 and 5 utilize a more refined and updated control scheme than the rest of the series. If you enjoyed the older entries, it makes very little sense that you would complain about the controls in RE5. As far as RE series goes, RE4 and 5 have the best controls, easily. I won't argue that the controls are great compared to other non-RE games, but if your argument is the series has went down hill, control scheme is not a point you can argue.

2. Which RE games did you actually find scary? The older entries had some pop out moments and Mr. X and Nemesis making you run like hell, but they never had the true horror and creepy atmoshpere that say Fatal Frame or SH has. RE series was always action oriented, it just became far more so in RE4 and even more in RE5. I can completely understand someone being disappointed with the series heading more and more into action but to say the game is shitty is something different altogether.

3. Are you implying they aren't great? Or poking fun that it's the only redeeming value in your eyes?
Someone hasn't played REmake.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
looking forward to seeing where they go with it

Davey Cakes

GhostRidah said:
Just bring back zombies for the next one ok capcom? please... :D
I, too, would like to see zombies again, but with new ideas attached. The whole "crimson head" thing worked fantastically in REmake, so something along those lines would be great.

The saga of Las Plagas should end with Wesker's defeat in RE5.

Gravijah

MrHicks said:
i said it needs to die
not that it will

Had fun playing co-op with my buddy. Sorry man, that's all that really matters to me.

luka said:
1. Look at Lost in Nightmares
2. Make something like Lost in Nightmares
3. ???
4. Profit!

So by make something like Lost in Nightmares you mean a shitty boss fight, an absolutely mind numbingly dumb puzzle sequence with some decent atmosphere thrown in?

It was a fun piece of DLC that was a breath of fresh air in comparison to what we got in RE5, but at the end of the day I don't want it being used as a base for RE6 in any way.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I liked Sheva as a character, not so much as an AI partner. Anyway, if Capcom wants uber fanservice points, the characters will be Jill and Leon.

Vamphuntr

truly101 said:
I liked Sheva as a character, not so much as an AI partner. Anyway, if Capcom wants uber fanservice points, the characters will be Jill and Leon.

I doubt people will buy or not buy the game only because of the characters. If that's the case Dark Side Chronicles should have sold as much as RE 4 Wii edition. People seem to hate Chris and yet RE 5 sold well.

I wish they go with new main characters. Preferably characters that have no police, military or secret agency training. You know to make it feel like a survival horror. Not a bunch of characters that use one liner joke every time and act like it's totally a normal day even though they are stuck in the middle of the apocalypse. Make the RE characters part of the plot if you want but new characters would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom