• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

yurinka

Looking at that list, Onmiusha needs a come back.

EDIT: Although actually, that list puts RE4 at second with all SKUs combined.
True. But well, if we add RE4Wii in this case we can also add RE5 Gold sales, that I assume there should be more than 100K.

And considering Capcom likes to port, who knows, maybe RE5 still can be ported to other platforms Vita or WiiU.

I used to believe this as well, until I tried replaying it over the summer. It hasn't aged well at all. No quick turn really kills the game and makes it nearly unplayable. It's still my favorite setting and character duo, though.

RE2 is easily the most dated RE game around. I'd pretty much rather play any classic RE other than it at this point. It would be fantastic with a remake like RE1 got though (which also didn't age well).

Yuterald

Watched the trailer yesterday. Slept on it, woke up, and realized that I'm just not feeling it. I fear the game is going to be unfocused and directionless. Instead of getting an AMAZING survival horror focused RE game or a refined RE5-like action title, we are going to get a game that tries to do everything, but will fail to meet expectations on both fronts. Honestly, the trailer gives me the vibe that the whole game/scenario is a mess. It looks like it's trying to appeal to way too many kinds of gamers. I don't think this is something I could be genuinely hyped about, certainly not on the same level as Binary Domain or whatever Platinum Games is cooking up.

I know there is still little information on the structure/flow/mechanics of the game, but I think I'm old enough and have been playing games long enough to know what to expect here. I guess my feelings were correct about this series back when RE5 released. I'm definitely 'mentally' done with the franchise because the trailer should have excited me, but it did not. I've always preferred the RE games pre-RE4 and I still do. I'll end up picking this up and playing it because I still have a strong passion for Japanese action games, but Resident Evil is so dead to me at this point.

Davey Cakes

What I do like from what I've seen so far is that Leon and his partner aren't equipped with battle gear. They're in normal clothes and they have pistols. That image evokes a sense of actual survival. Since RE4 it's felt like the main characters are commandos, and I've gotten a bit bored of that.

When seeing Chris it just reminds me of being a well-equipped soldier fighting against these monsters. He has the entire squad with him and everything. At this point it's less about the fact that there's a lot of action and more about the context of that action itself and the vulnerability of the characters involved.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Watched the trailer yesterday. Slept on it, woke up, and realized that I'm just not feeling it. I fear the game is going to be unfocused and directionless. Instead of getting an AMAZING survival horror focused RE game or a refined RE5-like action title, we are going to get a game that tries to do everything, but will fail to meet expectations on both fronts. Honestly, the trailer gives me the vibe that the whole game/scenario is a mess.

It could go either way but there's definitely a sense that Capcom is going all out on this one. That said, whether it's good or not I definitely think they need to retire the story if they ever want to revisit Resident Evil after 6. Leon, Chris, Jill, global saturation, clones, boulders, scrap it all. Nolan that shit and start from scratch. I'm still not entirely convinced that's what they shouldn't have done with 6 to begin with...

Mudkips

Banned
Giraffe?

OH SHI-

Not anymore you aren't. Can't unsee forever.

Sloppiest shop ever, but for those who can't see it...

OnVVr.gif

TUROK

Am I the only one who sees a giraffe forcing someone with no arms to give him a blowjob?
You son of a bitch...

Here's one thing I don't understand. Why do people think Leon's scenario is more like a traditional RE game when there's massive hordes of zombies that are fast and jump at you, moving and shooting, sliding and diving moves, and a co-op partner?

If anything, it seems more like Dead Space with a smidge of Vanquish.

Fucking hell - just saw the first teaser for RE6 on Syfy here in the UK. That must be a record, with the game the best part of a year away...

Posted?

From new IGN article:

"Much speculation has surrounded the identity of the unnamed mercenary character's companion, a blonde woman. Many people have theorized that the character is Ashley Graham due to the story's involvement of the president, who may or may not be President Graham. However, our sources have confirmed to us that the character is actually Sherry Birkin, daughter of Resident Evil 2's villain, William Birkin."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Posted?

From new IGN article:

"Much speculation has surrounded the identity of the unnamed mercenary character's companion, a blonde woman. Many people have theorized that the character is Ashley Graham due to the story's involvement of the president, who may or may not be President Graham. However, our sources have confirmed to us that the character is actually Sherry Birkin, daughter of Resident Evil 2's villain, William Birkin."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Yep.

Sloppiest shop ever, but for those who can't see it...

OnVVr.gif

looks hot, can't wait

Franchise bitching aside...

Anyway, haven't heard it yet, but the terrorist guys with tentacles bursting out of their arms remind me of Krauser.

Krauser_Plaga.jpg

And reading a bio of Alex Wesker, I doubt the new guy is him. Alex is more of a genius researcher, not sure why he'd be going around as a mercenary (Though, I suppose that's sort of what Albert did). Perhaps he's one of Alex's experiments?

JWong

Banned
Posted?

From new IGN article:

So Ashley is the second last boss.

Claire is the final.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Posted?

From new IGN article:

:lol IGN sources

Magnus

Theres really nothing wrong with them.

lol

I've been a fan of RE since the beginning and am generally fine with the controls and love them for what they are, but even I have to laugh at the statement. There's plenty wrong with them.

When all my fellow gaming friends won't even continue to play the game for more than two minutes because they can't move while shooting, I know there's a problem.

Posted?

From new IGN article:

To be fair I though it was Sherry too, but with that voice....

Sherry Birkin was abducted by Wesker at the end of RE 2, same with Steve's corpse, So I wouldn't be too surprised if those two went rogue after Wesker's demise (if it does take place after 5) either way, I'm excited. Looks like the Leon sections will be more of classic RE wheras Chris will place more emphasis on the action horror from RE4/5 they they've been trying to nail.

Xpliskin

IGN article: Can someone please ask them 1 simple thing, we just want to get 1 single thing confirmed
Will players deciding to play SOLO be assisted by an AI-controlled partner ?

I read on some fan forum that it wasn;t the case from a @Regames tweet but there is nothing concrete when I asked the poster, hence the "it seems".

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
IGN article: Can someone please ask them 1 simple thing, we just want to get 1 single thing confirmed

I read on some fan forum that it wasn;t the case from a @Regames tweet but there is nothing concrete when I asked the poster, hence the "it seems".

I'll forgive any dude-bro-splosions and set pieces if you can play the game solo without any A.I or atleast let them be like ashley and not sheva.

I'll forgive any dude-bro-splosions and set pieces if you can play the game solo without any A.I or atleast let them be like ashley and not sheva.

That's was confirmed, the other partner is not there when you play solo, so no A.I

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't understand what the logo IS. Am I looking down a pit? Is this a chasm? Is this a bunch of guys' butts?

Xpliskin

Exactly. I loved every RE except the 5th because of the forced co-op.
Playing with a friend is a blast, but I prefer my resident evil singeplayer.

SkylineRKR

Plot wise, Sherry might make more sense. She was in league with Wesker while that merc guy seems to be genetically enhanced which probably means he has a connection to Albert as well.

Ashley was saved and should be closer to where Leon and the president are and not wandering around with some cold blooded mercenary. Or perhaps he kidnapped her, lol.

If the merc turns out to be Steve Burnside that would be awesome but he sounds way too different for that.

Snake

I can't believe that "President Evil" is finally real, haha.

I'm not gonna lie. After watching the trailer, this is the most excited I've been for a game in years. I might actually finally get a next gen system (waaaay behind, obviously) now that I'm done with college.

Carbonox

We know Leon and Chris have communicated in the past but to actually see them face to face...will be weird. It will be like some fanfic because we're so used to not seeing them together, seeing them together will be a very strange experience. There better be a brofist or some shit. I dont wan't no idle chit chat.

Top Bottom