• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 DEMO VER. Thread: Capcom's final chance for redemption

Nemesis_

rpZoP.png

Dragon's Dogma OT – RE6 Trial Edition OT – RE6 Demo File Spoilers - RE6 OT – Resident Evil 5 OT – Resident Evil Revelations OT

Thread By: Nemesis556
Graphics by: Brandonh83

Demo Name: Resident Evil 6 Game Demo
Languages: English
Demo Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Release Date: July 3rd [Xbox 360] and September 5th [PS3]
Demo Filesize: 838.70 MB
Players: 2 [assumed]
Online Enabled? Yes, Co-operative Play

0fQ5v.png

t1341306000z4.png

For Xbox 360 users, the demo will be releasing July 3rd at approximately 2am PST. This demo will be exclusively available to owners of Capcom's latest release, Dragon's Dogma and your disc must be retained in order to download the demo. The disc is needed to download the demo, and then the demo can be run from the dashboard.

For those who refuse to purchase Dragon's Dogma, the demo will be available to the general public on September 5, 2012. This essentially means we are getting the demo roughly sixty days earlier for Xbox 360 players.

User earvcunanan has provided a nice summary of how to access it.

Resident Evil 6 demo will become available to download by running the Dragon's Dogma disc on Xbox 360 with your Xbox LIVE account signed in after July 3, 2012.

1. Connect your Xbox 360 to broadband internet access. You will need an Xbox LIVE Free Silver or Paid Gold membership to redeem token.

2. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller.

3. Sign in to Xbox LIVE.

4. Select "Marketplace".

5. Select "Redeem Code" and enter the 25-digit code.

6. With the confirmation screen displayed, select "Yes" and review the content for using the Download.

A new option will be added to the Dragon's Dogma main menu, allowing you to download the Resident Evil 6 demo once Xbox LIVE updates on July 3, 2012 in the AM.

Redeemable period: July 3, 2012 - March 31, 2013.

Currently, there is no way to play the demo on PS3 early.

vqBoZ.png

7hZ9G.jpg

Controls:
Aiming - Default R stick Aim, L stick Move / Classic L stick Aim, R stick Move

Aiming Reticle - Default Dot / Classic Laser Sighting

Dominant Hand - Manual Keep dominant hand from cover position / Default Return to default dominant hand after cover position

Reload - Auto / Manual
-----
Camera:

Camera-
Y axis - Inverse / Default
X axis 0 Inverse Default
Speed 0-10

Aiming
Y axis - Inverse / Default
X axis - Inverse / Default
Speed - 0-10

Other
Aiming Direction - Camera / Player
Dash Camera Reset - Eye Level / Centered (camera pattern for dashing)
-----
Game Settings:

Subtitles - On / Off
Gamertag Display - On / Off
Hud Position - Default / Set Right / Set Left
Laser Sight Color - Red / Green / Blue / Yellow / Purple
Icon Display - On / Off (In-game hint displays)
-----
Brightness:
0-40 slider
-----
Audio:

BGM Volume - 0-100
SE Volume - 0-100
Voice Volume - 0-100

hLfFV.png

Information on the three scenarios you will be tackling in the demo will be posted here once the demo becomes available.

It is currently assumed / somewhat confirmed that the demo will allow players to play as Chris, Leon and Jake in a short segment of each character's own campaign.

As such it is greatly assumed the demo will be identical to the E3 2012 build shown earlier in June.

1b0fN.png

Playthroughs and other cool demo related media will be posted here as they pop up on the net. Feel free to submit your own if you want! Help out your brethren who might not get to play the game for another two months!

HvvoL.png

A spoiler ridden zone that may or may not be populated as the demo comes out - look here for all kinds of stuff that our curious friends may pull / hack / gut from the demo. Everything in this section will be spoilered without fail so be AWARE.

In the interest of spoilers, these areas have been moved to here: RE6 Demo File Spoilers

KQq5g.png

We are assuming the demo will be AT LEAST co-op enabled via Xbox Live. Post your gamertag and I'll do my best to keep this section updated.

Watch out for the Resident Evil 6 OT coming from Brandon and I later this year!

cvxfreak

Shall be downloading tonight!

By the way, the white 6 logo makes the giraffe logo seem all the more apparent... :O

Iacobellis

I do not want to wait until September at all... I am looking forward to this, Resident Evil 5 was a letdown.

Jawmuncher

Im currently deployed but i'm dying to get my hands on the demo.
Can someone let me know it it's possible to burn it to the disc (Like you could with the RE5 demo) or perhaps just put it on a thumb drive and play it (Since being a demo it shouldn't require the original GT).

Though I never knew about needing the DD disc to download it, so that might be a problem. Guess I have to wait and see.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
No PC? Capcom already failed then. I guess I could use my PS3. Still hooked up for netflix.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
"Capcom's final chance for redemption"

ok, the re6 hate is getting a little ridiculous.

if this is their final chance for redemption then what's launch day? doesnt count? no one's gunna review it?

Nemesis_

I was merely mirroring GAF's opinion on the game itself and not my own. I know it will fucking rock regardless to be quite honest. >_>

Daigoro

too bad i traded in DD a week after i bought it. oops.

oh well. i dont need a demo to tell me that im going to buy RE6. it would be nice to check out though.

YO! someone get the file out so we can burn to CD like we all did with the RE5 demo. please!

Was attempting to make a CAPCOM SPELLING JOKE but I see it's already been edited out =(

damn. that wouldve been so clever! :(

Can't wait to see what data (if any) people dig up from the demo. Didn't the entire boss list for RE5 get leaked from its demo?

too bad i traded in DD a week after i bought it. oops.

oh well. i dont need a demo to tell me that im going to buy RE6. it would be nice to check out though.

YO! someone get the file out so we can burn to CD like we all did with the RE5 demo. please!

damn. that wouldve been so clever! :(

Same here, didn't know I would need the disc :(. Hopefully it will be able to be burned to disc or put on USB.

Vamphuntr

I already downloaded my 100kb key. Now let's wait for the marketplace to update.

Same here, didn't know I would need the disc :(. Hopefully it will be able to be burned to disc or put on USB.

I think the Demo is considered like a Dragon's Dogma DLC

Oh and it's supposed to be the same demo that will be at Comic Con and not the E3 one

Vamphuntr

This is the instruction warning you get when you redeem your code:

Any other games on 360 using this method? Any game has you downloading something from their menus that then can be launched without requiring the game?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Release Date: July 3rd [Xbox 360] and September 5th [PS3]
Currently, there is no way to play the demo on PS3 early.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Seriously, any idea why?

also, you spelt Cacpcom wrong

Vamphuntr

Capcom probably have to switch something on on the Dragon's Dogma server too I would guess. Everytime you boot the game it access some news feeds about DLC and what not so this is probably where it will scan for your key. That or a patch for the game.

branny

I guess I'll have to wait for impressions since I went with DD on PS3. I hope the demo is as dense as the Revelations one that people got so much mileage out of.

rataplein

i played the hell out of the re5 demo with my mate. then we did the same with the main game.

i hope this follows se same pattern... sadly i will have to wait until sept.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As someone who considers RE4 to be one of the greatest games of all time and really enjoyed RE5, the stuff I've seen of 6 has been...really weird. Really interested in digging into this tomorrow.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Quite excited to read what GAF thinks. I just hope the negativity isn't that much.

When is this going to be available for PS3 peeps? September? Ugh. I don't have Dragon's Dogma either, so I guess I'll have to wait till they make it available for the hoi polloi.

Was RE5 that bad? I mean, redemption? RE5 wasn't your typical RE game but it wasn't bad...if so, I can imagine a lot of devs opting to be as bad as that game, no?

As someone who considers RE4 to be one of the greatest games of all time and really enjoyed RE5, the stuff I've seen of 6 has been...really weird. Really interested in digging into this tomorrow.

Change "Really weird" to "really bad" and that's pretty much how I feel. Can't wait to see reactions.

Daigoro

Quite excited to read what GAF thinks. I just hope the negativity isn't that much.

When is this going to be available for PS3 peeps? September? Ugh. I don't have Dragon's Dogma either, so I guess I'll have to wait till they make it available for the hoi polloi.

Was RE5 that bad? I mean, redemption? RE5 wasn't your typical RE game but it wasn't bad...if so, I can imagine a lot of devs opting to be as bad as that game, no?

no. it was great, just like very other main RE title.

This is the instruction warning you get when you redeem your code:

Any other games on 360 using this method? Any game has you downloading something from their menus that then can be launched without requiring the game?

I believe Gears 3 beta with Bulletstorm used this method.

Top Bottom