• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 DEMO VER. Thread: Capcom's final chance for redemption

ThankeeSai

Totally forgot about this being out today.

So that's 10am UK time. Day off work today so will be giving this a few play throughs if it's any good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Change "Really weird" to "really bad" and that's pretty much how I feel. Can't wait to see reactions.

Haha, I guess I ultimately feel that way too.

From someone who plays a TON of mercenaries and pretty much dissects how these games tick, I'll detail a lot about the gameplay.

Tizoc

Quick questions-
1- How big is the demo gonna be in GB?
2- So when PSN updates I can redeem the code from Dragon's Dogma on it to get the demo?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Quick questions-
1- How big is the demo gonna be in GB?
2- So when PSN updates I can redeem the code from Dragon's Dogma on it to get the demo?

1.) We won't know until it's out.

2.) Unfortunately the PS3 demo won't be redeemable until September 4th. I know, it's dumb.

Carbonox

Can't wait to see knife runs, melee runs, etc. :p Definitely expect a ton of footage from the 360 users who will get the demo.

I also have a gut feeling the demo will help to allay many people's fears about the game in terms of enjoyability.

Bladenic

I have to wait for the PS3 version. But I'm still interested in what other people have to say about the game.

Regardless, I'm still getting it day 0 (unless it's like an actual trainwreck, not hyperbolic like GAF would usually make it out to be).

Tizoc

1.) We won't know until it's out.

2.) Unfortunately the PS3 demo won't be redeemable until September 4th. I know, it's dumb.

1- Aha coolies
2- Wut? Oh 360's getting it early didn't read that in the OT, my bad ^_^; Oh well here's hoping it's good for my brother's sake at least as he's the RE fan, and I'm getting the demo for him.

Mognet

I'm a bit jealous but I will be watching this thread closely. I'm one of the suckers waiting on the PS3 version.

Capcom have already redeemed themselves with Revelations and Dragon's Dogma.

Sucks that I can't play this demo because I have a PS3 and have to wait two months longer. Seriously Capcom, why don't you like Sony?
But then, I wouldn't want to play a demo three months before the game comes out.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
do what section(s) of the game will be included in the demo?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
do what section(s) of the game will be included in the demo?

Capcom said at E3 that the Dragon's Dogma demo wouldn't be the E3 demo, but the comic-con demo and feature a new area for Leon and Jake. Capcom showed a couple days ago at it's summer bash event a new demo build which has Leon and Jake in new areas, and likely to be the Comic-Con demo.

The demo we'll get tonight is most likely going to include three gameplay segments, one being Leon in a subway/metro area, a new unknown area for Jake, and a 4-player crossover boss battle against the Nemesis-esque monster.

D-Stubbs

Interested to see the first impressions on this. Hopefully it'll ease some of the fears I have with RE6 but I got a bad feeling it won't. We'll see.

Is the title a jab towards Capcom's spelling department?
KuGsj.gif

Vamphuntr

It's up there is a patch for the game.

Download size : 838.70mb

According to the description : you can play parts of the 3 campaigns. Xbox live gold required to play online.

CTE

My download is much slower than usual. Wonder if there is a strain on the servers right now. I'm west coast. Either way I'll be playing it soon enough. This is the first time in a long while that I'm getting slow d/l speeds, though.

Edit - I entered my code then went into the game and it asked me if I wanted to d/l a 4mb patch. I did that and then went into the main menu and it said Resident Evil 6 demo at the bottom.

masterkajo

So is there no chance in a shared GamerTag with this demo since you have to download it from within the Dragon's Dogma Menu? If it works somehow though, count me in the queue :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So is there no chance in a shared GamerTag with this demo since you have to download it from within the Dragon's Dogma Menu? If it works somehow though, count me in the queue :p

I setup a dummy account for the Mass Effect 3 demo when it was early, but it didn't allow anyone else to use it. It seems like they've changed inner workings on stuff like that even without needing a disc like you do for this one.

Kard8p3

80 percent..ugh, hurry up and download..I just want to see if this sucks or not so I can go to bed, lol. Will post my impressions if people are interested in them

Top Bottom