• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 DEMO VER. Thread: Capcom's final chance for redemption

MrBS

Leon - Its the mercanaries demo of Revelations all over again! Spend the whole demo walking, shoot one zombie and the demo is over

Chris - Shoot shoot shoot. Works for me. As for the tiny bit of story from the demo
Amnesia? I love you CAPCPOM

Other guy *cough* Cherry - Boss fight. That was aggrevating. Bonus points for the demo starting with a run towards the camera sequence that if you don't figure out the controls in the first few seconds you will die.

I died in the first few seconds

So did my coop partner when I decided to jump into a coop game.

Not a bad chunk of game for a demo. Graphically its all over the place. IMO a step backwards from RE5 but it seems there more potential for environmental interaction this time around going by the boss fight.

Day one was never in question. Excite.

Melee in the game needs work too. Sheesh...

That janky camera I mentioned is a problem for melee as well - like sometimes the camera will pan elsewhere while your character is in a melee animation. Fix that crap.

ThankeeSai

The demo did its job for me - got me wanting to play more.

It's not without its faults, from the dodgy AI to the fact that your red dot appears to vanish in some instances making it difficult to aim in places and gun toting zombies? Really?

Still looking forward to the full game though :)

Carbonox

The demo did its job for me - got me wanting to play more.

It's not without its faults, from the dodgy AI to the fact that your red dot appears to vanish in some instances making it difficult to aim in places and gun toting zombies? Really?

Still looking forward to the full game though :)

Yeah I don't understand why the laser disappears sometimes. Even prior to enemies making an entrance it disappears and is replaced with the crosshair. :lol Then that disappears almost as quickly as appearing before your laser returns. So odd.

The gun-toting zombies are J'avo's, basically RE6's Ganado's. Regular zombies only wield melee weapons.

Sojgat

The game has some promise, but it needs a lot of polish. If this demo is indicative of the final product then Capcom have Fucked Up.

Vamphuntr

If I had to give all the pros and cons of the demo it would look like this :

Pros

+ Environment are really nice

+ Guns have alternate fire modes

+ Improved near death/adrenaline shot moments. You can slowly crawl away from monsters and even shoot your weapon

+You can still pick up treasures (they now give skill points instead of money)

+Herbs combining is still in

+Chris' intro cutscene is interesting and is quite a departure from the run of the mill Chris

+Many weapons to try in the demos : Handgun, magnum, SMG, remote bombs, grenades, etc

+Many options to customize the game. You can choose the colors of you laser sight, turn the reticle on or off, choose the position of the HUD, etc.

Cons

- You health regenerates just like in ME3

- Screen tearing galore

- Aiming is clunky and shooting feels off

- Most enemies have little to no feedback to bullets. This is specially true for those moth thing. I had no idea if I was doing damage do them.

- The camera is really closed in on characters and it gets even worse when you aim as it zooms even more, your character takes up more than half the screen when aiming.

-Leon's demo section is really bad. You're stuck slowly walking around the place and next to nothing happens.

-Partner AI seems to be running around the place like a fool

Jawmuncher

Download token using the Dogma code.

Launch and patch Dogma, download the demo from Dogma title screen.

Launch demo from dashboard like any other demo (with or without Dogma disc)

NICE

Really hope the USB and or burn to disc will work on this bad boy.

ThankeeSai

Yeah I don't understand why the laser disappears sometimes. Even prior to enemies making an entrance it disappears and is replaced with the crosshair. :lol Then that disappears almost as quickly as appearing before your laser returns. So odd.

The gun-toting zombies are J'avo's, basically RE6's Ganado's. Regular zombies only wield melee weapons.

Cool.

Also forgot to mention the camera being far too close to Chris in his section. Don't know if the camera is as close in Leon's or Jake's section, but if it was, it didn't bother me as much as in Chris's.

News Bot

Banned
Can someone try and put the demo onto a USB?

The spelling errors are becoming TOO MUCH.

Subtitles don't match the dialogue in some parts either. "Stay where you are" is "Stay right where you are" in subtitles.

Bet the game's localization is a piece of shit as always. Sheer incompetence.

Jawmuncher

Can someone try and put the demo onto a USB?

I'm sure someone will within the day.
I know you, me, and a few others are waiting for the same thing.
Considering you don't need the disc and I recall you could play the anarchy reign demo similarly we might all be in luck.

I played the demo. I think Resident Evil might be dead folks. ;_;

I liked Resident Evil 5 quite a bit, and even the haters can at least admit that while they might have thought it wasn’t a good Resident Evil game, it was still a solid game.

This on the other hand just seems like a bad game period. It has so many problems I don’t even know where to start.....what a mess. The team behind this are clueless.

Carbonox

I played the demo. I think Resident Evil might be dead folks. ;_;

I liked Resident Evil 5 quite a bit, and even the haters can at least admit that while they might have thought it wasn’t a good Resident Evil game, it was still a solid game.

This on the other hand just seems like a bad game period. It has so many problems I don’t even know where to start.....what a mess. The team behind this are clueless.

It's enjoyable but has some of the worst pacing and environments I've seen in a game for many many years, which aren't helped by the sheer amount of attempts at trying to copy things from RE4 that are completely out of place. Seriously, from the wastelands to the underground tribe ruins...shit, Resident Evil 6 looks more Resident Evil than what Resident Evil 5 threw out most of the time. The only things that kept me engaged in Resident Evil 5 was the enjoyability factor and the story.

I find myself much more attracted to Resident Evil 6. We'll see how I feel about the whole game and its pacing, environments, etc. when I finish it, but so far it looks much more appealing to me than Resident Evil 5. Playing that game multiple times really hammers in its negative points.

ugh, thinking about trading some stuff in to get another copy of Dogma. I know this is against my better judgment especially going by reactions, but damn, I'm crazy as hell like that. Would just like to see for myself and finally get a feel for the game but I know the second I go out about plop $60 down on a game just for a fucking demo, someone will find a hole in Skynet and everyone will be playing it.

News Bot

Banned
biggest team in Capcpom's history

And most experienced with the best titles behind them. It's surprising to see some of the issues BH6 has. Camera is a little off and the controls don't match the areas, which look like they were designed with tank controls in mind, very much. Still, looks good.

ugh, thinking about trading some stuff in to get another copy of Dogma. I know this is against my better judgment especially going by reactions, but damn, I'm crazy as hell like that. Would just like to see for myself and finally get a feel for the game but I know the second I go out about plop $60 down on a game just for a fucking demo, someone will find a hole in Skynet and everyone will be playing it.

I thought the demo can be put on an USB stick? So there should be no problem uploading it, or am i seeing things wrong?

Do it. But for the sake of DD, not just to get access to this pos...

If I had to give all the pros and cons of the demo it would look like this :

Pros

+ Environment are really nice

+ Guns have alternate fire modes

+ Improved near death/adrenaline shot moments. You can slowly crawl away from monsters and even shoot your weapon

+You can still pick up treasures (they now give skill points instead of money)

+Herbs combining is still in

+Chris' intro cutscene is interesting and is quite a departure from the run of the mill Chris

+Many weapons to try in the demos : Handgun, magnum, SMG, remote bombs, grenades, etc

+Many options to customize the game. You can choose the colors of you laser sight, turn the reticle on or off, choose the position of the HUD, etc.

Cons

- You health regenerates just like in ME3

- Screen tearing galore

- Aiming is clunky and shooting feels off

- Most enemies have little to no feedback to bullets. This is specially true for those moth thing. I had no idea if I was doing damage do them.

- The camera is really closed in on characters and it gets even worse when you aim as it zooms even more, your character takes up more than half the screen when aiming.

-Leon's demo section is really bad. You're stuck slowly walking around the place and next to nothing happens.

-Partner AI seems to be running around the place like a fool

If your health regenerates, then what is the point of the herbs? Unless you're poisoned and your health deteriorates faster than it regenerates.

Carbonox

If your health regenerates, then what is the point of the herbs? Unless you're poisoned and your health deteriorates faster than it regenerates.

Health only automatically regenerates for the block you're on. You'll need herbs/first aid sprays to replenish your blocks.

Gbraga

The health is divided in blocks, it will only regenerate the current block, if you lose one completely it will only come back with herbs.

What I don't like about it is that your life is constantly regenerating, it should only regenerate after you beat all enemies, or at least while hiding from them, like during cover.

Health only automatically regenerates for the block you're on. You'll need herbs/first aid sprays to replenish your blocks.

The health is divided in blocks, it will only regenerate the current block, if you lose one completely it will only come back with herbs.

What I don't like about it is that your life is constantly regenerating, it should only regenerate after you beat all enemies, or at least while hiding from them, like during cover.

Not as bad as full regeneration, sounds like what Bioshock Infinite is doing. Though, to be honest, I would much prefer no regeneration for a game like this, or Infinite for that matter.

Ninjimbo

These impressions have done nothing to lower my worries. I hope the game turns out solid, but right now it's not looking good at all.

Valnen

These impressions have done nothing to lower my worries. I hope the game turns out solid, but right now it's not looking good at all.

The fact that even people who liked RE5 don't like it has me worried. I was 100% excited but wow...

We'll see though, I often disagree with popular opinion a lot. So I may end up loving it.

Top Bottom