• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 DEMO VER. Thread: Capcom's final chance for redemption

i'm not worried, demos these days really aren't that good anymore.

Honestly, I think you should be a bit worried. The core mechanics are really off and it just doesn’t seem all that fun for me.

And by core mechanics I mean the aiming, the unsatisfying shooting and boring enemies.....it’s all looking very uninspired.

LiK

Honestly, I think you should be a bit worried. The core mechanics are really off and it just doesn’t seem all that fun for me.

And by core mechanics I mean the aiming, the unsatisfying shooting and boring enemies.....it’s all looking very uninspired.

gonna check it out tonight!

Controls and camera work are clunky and the scenarios could have been better. Nevertheless I still enjoyed it.

As long as the other parts of the campaigns are better I'll have fun in the full game. Co-op especially.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
running through the dining hall with Leon made me sad. So close to the current gen RE I'd kill for, yet so, so far.

Carbonox

I played it entirely Solo including Professional...

Same. Professional really highlights the AI problems with the game. I'd predict the same of RE6 but then from what I've seen, you don't have to worry about healing your partner, which is great.

Mikamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

5xOmi.gif

Valnen

Ditto, played the entire thing in co-op (perhaps why we loved it so much).

I liked it because it was a third person shooter that didn't play like every other third person shooter out there (gears and the like).

Mercenaries is still fun to fire up every now and then to this day, even though I'm awful at it.

LiK

What a nightmare that was. Sheva is one of the worst AI partners of this generation.

not bad at all. AI Sheva can escape all QTEs automatically and she had no trouble dodging Wesker in the hangar fight. Well, in my game she was ace. I've heard horror stories from other people but I had no issues.

Valnen

not bad at all. AI Sheva can escape all QTEs automatically and she had no trouble dodging Wesker in the hangar fight. Well, in my game she was ace. I've heard horror stories from other people but I had no issues.

Her AI seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes I don't have to worry about her at all. Othertimes I need to babysit her.

I felt like she was only there for the co-op prompts in single player, because I would have to babysit her in most cases. She would waste ammo because she was a bad shot as well.
When I finally played the game with a friend on Professional, it was like an entirely new game.. and much more fun to play.

Lima

Will any USB stick work? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Needs at least 2GB.

Plug it in your 360 and format it. Then plug it into your pc and use the folder structure I provided.

If the stick is totally empty you have to create the folder "content" in the folder "data". Depends on the programm you use.

Lima

What will happen if I make the same structure folder manually and put it in a CD? Note: I'm using the previously posted files.

No idea. Would not bother burning it to a cd* when you can just put in on a usb drive.

* It would also need to be a DVD as the demo is bigger than a cd.

ironcreed

Banned
Hate to be a dirty beggar, but I also would greatly appreciate a PM on how I can get the demo. I bought Dragon's Dogma for PS3 and have to wait until September.

Nevermind, just read a few posts up, lol.

bumpkin

Hmm... Based on that Pros/Cons list someone posted, I'm not sure what to expect anymore. Regenerating health in an RE, enemies that don't react to being shot and the camera being really close to the character when aiming all sound less than appealing. While I'll admit that I didn't exactly love the demo of RE5 but really enjoyed the full game (minus Sheva and forced co-op), I don't know what the hell they're doing with RE6...

Top Bottom